Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's officially over
(10-01-2019, 08:43 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I suggest you re-read my original post. It'll clear up all your confusion.

I see now, but you’re talking about almost 2 years away. Who knows what the QB landscape will look like by then.

I just don’t think Dalton will have as many suitors as you all are suggesting. Especially if he’s at 5 losing seasons in a row by that point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I disagree. I don’t think Andy would thrive anywhere at this point. It’s not 2015 anymore.

Sure he would. Put him behind center in New England, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles*, Carolina, Cleveland, Houston, Dallas, or Buffalo and POOF! You Make Andy Great Again.

*Rams, not Chargers
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:28 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That was last night.  Up to this point he hasn't been putting up with those kind of numbers.  And I'm assigning blame where it belongs, the stellar play of our offensive line.  We've had no running game up until last night where he was able to run a little.  I'm am just a little puzzled at why everyone seems to not realize our OL is junk.  

Hard for Mixon to do anything when these coaches insist on running him up the middle behind an offensive line that gets zero push at the LOS.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:51 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Hard for Mixon to do anything when these coaches insist on running him up the middle behind an offensive line that gets zero push at the LOS.

Which was sorta' my point.  I know everyone is frustrated, I am too, but let's be fair with the finger pointing.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:50 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Sure he would. Put him behind center in New England, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles*, Carolina, Cleveland, Houston, Dallas, or Buffalo and POOF! You Make Andy Great Again.

*Rams, not Chargers

Some of you truly are delusional. Are we watching the same guy? You can’t blame it 100% on the OL. Dalton has not been a good QB (no matter how many excuses you want to use) for several years now.

But sure, if you get him an OL full of pro bowlers, elite WRs, a genius OC, a top running game...yeah, sure, he’ll be average. But so would a ton of guys if you get them all that.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. 9 ***** years of excuses!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:53 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Which was sorta' my point.  I know everyone is frustrated, I am too, but let's be fair with the finger pointing.

Mixon didn’t play like complete ass, so I’m not sure why we’re pointing any fingers at him...

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I see now, but you’re talking about almost 2 years away. Who knows what the QB landscape will look like by then.

I just don’t think Dalton will have as many suitors as you all are suggesting. Especially if he’s at 5 losing seasons in a row by that point.

There will always be a demand for competent QBs.

If Joe Flacco can get a second job, then there's no way Andy Dalton would be left out on the street.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mixon didn’t play like complete ass, so I’m not sure why we’re pointing any fingers at him...

I was using sarcasm...oh, nevermind.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, Andy didn’t play well last night. Yes the o line is, well, offensive.

Did y’all miss the defense giving up 27 unanswered points? Allowing a rookie qb, making his second start, to go 24-28? I didn’t hear Dunlaps name called after showing the starting lineup. I heard Geno’s name once. Gonna blame all that on dalton too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. The OL does in fact suck terribly, but Andy Dalton himself has actually won a game (Jets 2016) where he was sacked 7 times. SEVEN TIMES! So the nonsense about “Tom Brady couldn’t win with this OL” is just that...nonsense. QB’s win all the time with subpar lines. Every opposing QB I watch does a better job of moving around and extending plays. Dalton does NOTHING to help himself. I think he’s done.

No they don't. Watson has been struggling this year because his line is crap and he's one of the best QBs in the league at extending plays. 

Our line is a dumpster fire. Literal rusty turnstiles would be more effective. They would at least get stuck occasionally and cause an inconvenience to the defensive line. 

Andy isn't a great QB, and I'd agree the team shouldn't view him as the future, BUT no one will succeed behind the joke of an offensive line we put out week after week. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:56 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There will always be a demand for competent QBs.

If Joe Flacco can get a second job, then there's no way Andy Dalton would be left out on the street.

Dalton missed his chance to jump ship to the Texans when they were making the playoffs with guys like Tom Savage and various bums at QB.  He stayed here and got a team friendly deal to get ground into the turf.  He's a nice guy like that.

It's his life to live, but damn.  He could have been like Boomer and Palmer and headed to his home state....and thrn ended up on the Cardinals for some reason.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:06 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've watched Andy Dalton fold up like a pup tent for the last time.

Yeah, yeah, yeah offensive line, I get it. But that doesn't change the fact that AD's pocket awareness is crap. Dalton's ability to maneuver in the pocket and remain any kind of effective is crap. Dalton doesn't know how or just flat won't step up in the pocket. He panics at the first sign he's not gonna have security zone around him and his accuracy goes out the window. Move him off his point and the play is over.

I'm sick of all the excuses. It's time to turn the page.

Somebody holler at me when they put Finley in.

Do you live in Finley Ohio, because that is the only reason I can see waiting with baited breath for that, or unbaited breath also.   The O Line is crap and the D is crap.  However the biggest stinking pile of crap is this bald cheap loser that I changed my avatar from NEW DEY to.   This doesn't look like LA Rams, it looks like young Dave Shula.   I agree 2019 is over just as 2018 was over early.   Mike Brown has team back in THE BUNGLES and I agree that 2019 IS OVER before October.  The schedule ahead could be 0-16, including a butt whipping by Miami. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:01 AM)HuDey Wrote: Sadly, the return for our older core players won’t be enough if any of them are even dealt. Mike Brown does love to ride his guys until the wheels completely come off.

I couldn’t agree more with the last sentence

Love always,

Andrew Whitworth
Reply/Quote
If the team continues this level of performance through the whole season, they will get a top 3 pick in the draft unless they trade back.
If that happens, the pick has to be a QB or Andrew Thomas (OT Georgia). Also, there looks to be enough talent in the upcoming draft with both QBs and OTs that the 2nd round pick should be OT if QB picked in Rd 1 or QB if OT picked in Rd 1.

And it needs to be a good selection. Don't get cute and go primarily off potential. I don't trust this staff to develop anyone properly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:28 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That was last night.  Up to this point he hasn't been putting up with those kind of numbers.  And I'm assigning blame where it belongs, the stellar play of our offensive line.  We've had no running game up until last night where he was able to run a little.  I'm am just a little puzzled at why everyone seems to not realize our OL is junk.

Everyone realizes our line is beyond awful. But the Oline has been the go to AD excuse forever now. I understand no QB would excel behind this line, got it  :andy:

However, there are many QB's who could do better. Both can be true.

(10-01-2019, 08:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Some of you truly are delusional. Are we watching the same guy? You can’t blame it 100% on the OL. Dalton has not been a good QB (no matter how many excuses you want to use) for several years now.

But sure, if you get him an OL full of pro bowlers, elite WRs, a genius OC, a top running game...yeah, sure, he’ll be average. But so would a ton of guys if you get them all that.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. 9 ***** years of excuses!

I'm sick of all the excuses ! Dalton doesn't have the ability to rise above any adversity, it's obvious.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:56 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There will always be a demand for competent QBs.

Joe Flacco has a better record as a starter than Andy Dalton, and has proved he doesn’t wilt under the lights. Including a SB MVP.

But yes, some desperate team would probably scoop him up, but let’s not act like half the league would be beating down his door.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:08 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If the team continues this level of performance through the whole season, they will get a top 3 pick in the draft unless they trade back.
If that happens, the pick has to be a QB or Andrew Thomas (OT Georgia). Also, there looks to be enough talent in the upcoming draft with both QBs and OTs that the 2nd round pick should be OT if QB picked in Rd 1 or QB if OT picked in Rd 1.

And it needs to be a good selection. Don't get cute and go primarily off potential. I don't trust this staff to develop anyone properly.

We will see what happens, but if we are picking high (and I can't see why we wouldn't be) I almost expect Mike Brown in the 2020 draft to take the Jake Locker or Ryan Mallett that Gruden talked him out of in 2011.  We've actually done quite well at QB for the past 17 years considering our lack of real success on the field and it's probably high time we draft a guy high and throw him into a hopeless situation and get him Klingler-ed.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 09:28 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: No they don't. Watson has been struggling this year because his line is crap and he's one of the best QBs in the league at extending plays. 

Our line is a dumpster fire. Literal rusty turnstiles would be more effective. They would at least get stuck occasionally and cause an inconvenience to the defensive line. 

Andy isn't a great QB, and I'd agree the team shouldn't view him as the future, BUT no one will succeed behind the joke of an offensive line we put out week after week. 

If you say so...

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 09:50 AM)kevin Wrote: Do you live in Finley Ohio, because that is the only reason I can see waiting with baited breath for that, or unbaited breath also.   The O Line is crap and the D is crap.  However the biggest stinking pile of crap is this bald cheap loser that I changed my avatar from NEW DEY to.   This doesn't look like LA Rams, it looks like young Dave Shula.   I agree 2019 is over just as 2018 was over early.   Mike Brown has team back in THE BUNGLES and I agree that 2019 IS OVER before October.  The schedule ahead could be 0-16, including a butt whipping by Miami. 

2018 was not over early actually.
On Oct 1 last year, the Bengals were 3-1.
Bengals were 5-3 going into November.

This 2019 team is (far) worse than the 2018 team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 09:26 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Yes, Andy didn’t play well last night.  Yes the o line is, well, offensive.

Did y’all miss the defense giving up 27 unanswered points?  Allowing a rookie qb, making his second start, to go 24-28?  I didn’t hear Dunlaps name called after showing the starting lineup.  I heard Geno’s name once.  Gonna blame all that on dalton too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh the diversion angle, yes other things suck on this team, got it  :andy:

But that doesn't excuse Daltons awful play time and again anytime the heat is on.
Reply/Quote