Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's officially over
(10-01-2019, 08:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I disagree.

Dalton would get a job after the Bengals.

Yes, he would — and he should. I’m one of Andy Dalton’s biggest supporters on Planet Earth and I would genuinely love to see him finish his career with a winning team and even win a playoff game. My utmost desire would be to see Andy win here in Cincinnati but after 2015 that’s not going to happen.

Quite frankly, I’m afraid for him. There’s no protection to speak of and Andy isn’t mobile. He’s a good runner but he’s not mobile; those are two different skill sets. However, simply letting Andy Dalton go and finding a more mobile quarterback isn’t a long term answer. It doesn’t address the five elephants in the offensive line room.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I disagree.

He is still a 4000 yard ~90 QBR QB if he doesn't have to move.

That's better than what the Jets, Dolphins, Jaguars, Titans, Colts, Broncos, Redskins, Bears, Vikings, Bucs, Cardinals and Panthers (if Cam retires) have right now.

Dalton would get a job after the Bengals.

Dalton hasn’t thrown for 4K yds or had a PR of 90 in 3 years.

Jets have Darnold
Skins have Haskins
Bears have Trubisky
Cardinals have Murray
Titans have Mariota
Vikes have Cousins (who is better than Dalton)
Phins are playing for a top pick to draft a QB
Jags have Foles and Uncle Rico

None of those teams are trading for a washed up QB who is awful in prime time and had never won a playoff game.

They’re better off sticking with their young guys some of which are still unknowns, but almost all have higher ceilings that current Andy Dalton.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:29 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, he would — and he should.  I’m one of Andy Dalton’s biggest supporters on Planet Earth and I would genuinely love to see him finish his career with a winning team and even win a playoff game.  My utmost desire would be to see Andy win here in Cincinnati but after 2015 that’s not going to happen.  

Quite frankly, I’m afraid for him.  There’s no protection to speak of and Andy isn’t mobile.  He’s a good runner but he’s not mobile; those are two different skill sets.  However, simply letting Andy Dalton go and finding a more mobile quarterback isn’t a long term answer.  It doesn’t address the five elephants in the offensive line room.

Now there's rep!  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor????????

On a serious note, our season is over, heres what fans have to look forward to:

1. Trading everyone we can at the deadline, this list includes:
- AJ
- Geno
- Dunlop
- Dre
- You name it no one should be safe

2. We will see Finley at some point this year, we can see if he can maneuver behind a terrible O-Line

3. Empty Seats at PBS and what fans there will be for the other team

4. Excuses, however what should be done is hiring a GM and end the Duke Tobin experiment
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:28 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That was last night.  Up to this point he hasn't been putting up with those kind of numbers.  And I'm assigning blame where it belongs, the stellar play of our offensive line.  We've had no running game up until last night where he was able to run a little.  I'm am just a little puzzled at why everyone seems to not realize our OL is junk.  

EVERYONE knows our OL sucks. Many of us just also think our QB now sucks as well.

Reply/Quote
I'm ready to move on. Hopefully we get Tua. They have to go #1. QB, #2. OT, #3. LB

Because the front office is how it is. They'll never surround Andy with everything he needs.

Zac Taylor in the meantime has to adjust his offense for their personnel. Which means quick passes. Hart/Smith are 3rd string OT's.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:29 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, he would — and he should. I’m one of Andy Dalton’s biggest supporters on Planet Earth and I would genuinely love to see him finish his career with a winning team and even win a playoff game. My utmost desire would be to see Andy win here in Cincinnati but after 2015 that’s not going to happen.

Quite frankly, I’m afraid for him. There’s no protection to speak of and Andy isn’t mobile. He’s a good runner but he’s not mobile; those are two different skill sets. However, simply letting Andy Dalton go and finding a more mobile quarterback isn’t a long term answer. It doesn’t address the five elephants in the offensive line room.

It’s not 5. Hopkins has been a good Center. And Jonah will hopefully be as good as advertised. It’s more like 2-3.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton hasn’t thrown for 4K yds or had a PR of 90 in 3 years.

Jets have Darnold
Skins have Haskins
Bears have Trubisky
Cardinals have Murray
Titans have Mariota

None of those teams are trading for a washed up QB who is awful in prime time and had never won a playoff game.

They’re better off sticking with their young guys some of which are still unknowns, but almost all have higher ceilings that current Andy Dalton.

I didn't say anything about trading.

Just a 1 year prove it deal once Dalton is no longer with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
It’s funny to me that people think Dre is absolute garbage, but yet we should somehow trade him for something decent? Why on Earth would any team trade for him?

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not 5. Hopkins has been a good Center. And Jonah will hopefully be as good as advertised. It’s more like 2-3.

Trey Hopkins is “Cincinnati good.” He’s not “NFL good.”
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s funny to me that people think Dre is absolute garbage, but yet we should somehow trade him for something decent? Why on Earth would any team trade for him?

Well, we agree on one thing so far this morning NC.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:35 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I didn't say anything about trading.

Just a 1 year prove it deal once Dalton is no longer with the Bengals.

He’s under contract for next season. Unless we cut him they would have to trade for him.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not 5. Hopkins has been a good Center. And Jonah will hopefully be as good as advertised. It’s more like 2-3.

Even Hopkins got abused last night.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:39 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Trey Hopkins is “Cincinnati good.” He’s not “NFL good.”

Wrong. He was one of the highest rated centers in the league through the first few weeks.

Reply/Quote
Dalton looks beyond frustrated but 0 franchise QBs have left on good terms during the Mike Brown era so he shouldnt be too surprised. He takes a team friendly deal and this is the thanks he gets for it.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton hasn’t thrown for 4K yds or had a PR of 90 in 3 years.

Jets have Darnold
Skins have Haskins
Bears have Trubisky
Cardinals have Murray
Titans have Mariota

On a team like the Panthers, Andy would thrive.  They have a good OL, and strong running game.

On a team like the Vikings, with an OL almost as bad as our current one, Andy would look like he did last night.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Even Hopkins got abused last night.

Well he wasn’t going to keep playing lights out every game, but saying he’s been a problem is false.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:48 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: To me he looks almost despondent. I can't say I blame him. He's been 100% bunglized at this point in his career and the consistent losing and subpar front office/coaching development of the players around him has got to be exhausting. He's probably riding out the remainder of his contract and taking a prove it deal on a real team in 2021.

(10-01-2019, 08:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s under contract for next season. Unless we cut him they would have to trade for him.

I suggest you re-read my original post. It'll clear up all your confusion.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:21 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am open to trading some vets for draft picks.  Maybe AJ if  he shows that he is healthy, and maybe even Dunlap.  Keep Geno.  I think I have seen enough of Dalton to know what he brings.  It has never been enough.  He is good but not great at anything except quick release.  I think Vikings will be done with Cousins soon.  Maybe Dalton could go there and take them over the top with Zimmer.   Maybe trade Kirkpatrick.

Bengals need two first rounders, two 2nd rounders and 3 third rounders to fix some issues.  I think they need at least 3 new O-Line Players, 2-3 backers, 2 CB, safety, kicker, punter, and DE.  I would consider Geno, Mixon, Boyd, Billings, Bates, and maybe if healthy, Lawson the core group now.  

I agree with trading vets for draft picks but it's Whack-A-Mole as each vet you trade opens up another hole and there are already more holes than draft picks.

(10-01-2019, 07:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No real team would want him.

What's the problem? We want to trade him to a bad team anyway as they will pick higher.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:43 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On a team like the Panthers, Andy would thrive.  They have a good OL, and strong running game.

On a team like the Vikings, with an OL almost as bad as our current one, Andy would look like he did last night.

I disagree. I don’t think Andy would thrive anywhere at this point. It’s not 2015 anymore.

Reply/Quote