Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's officially over
Did we all watch the same game? Here's what I saw, since I somehow made it through the whole game:

Steelers in beginning of game trying to feel out our o-line, not realizing their front 3 can actually win the battle themselves. This is when you saw some passes get completed, IF they weren't dropped.

Once the Steelers realized their front 3 could each win their own battles, they'd drop many back and blanket the receivers. So now you have Andy with no one open and about 3 seconds til he gets clocked.

That's the very quick version of exactly what happened. To blame Andy doesn't make any sense at all to me. Did he make a bad throw or two? Sure, he's human. There's not a QB that doesn't. However, when we barely stay on the field, the sample size is lower so that one or two feels like more.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 2018 was not over early actually.
On Oct 1 last year, the Bengals were 3-1.
Bengals were 5-3 going into November.

This 2019 team is (far) worse than the 2018 team.

Again, I'm not saying we should have kept Marvin but notice how quickly the off-season narrative died.  I bought into it...like many I figured there is no way this team that went 6-10 with all those injuries couldn't at least win 7 games this year.  Last year at this time we were 5-3 "shoulda been 6-2 at least" and this year we are 0-4 and "shoulda been 2-2" but after losing to the worst team the Steelers put on the field in 35 years we've sort of stopped with the "shoulda won" stuff.

Oh well.  ZT is learning on the job and this is what we wanted.  Buy in early on a guy and let him take his lumps.  Well, he's taking them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Look at bright side if you are a fan who likes the at the game experience, you can get your choice of seats from a scalper game day for pennies on the dollar.

MB screwed up this year, he forgot to look competitive in September so seats would be sold rest of the year. PBS will be half full the rest of the home games other than Cleveland and Steeler game where those 2 teams will outnumber Bengals fan 5 to 1.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
3 freaking points in a 3 hour game vs a 3 losses team and no wins.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I disagree. I don’t think Andy would thrive anywhere at this point. It’s not 2015 anymore.

Agreed. This is the first time I’m admitting it but dalton is done. He’s been David Carr’d behind this joke of an Oline for the past 4 seasons. You can have our delusional front office to thank for that. They’ll never understand that football is a game won and lost in the trenches. It basic stuff, sure. But Mikey and Co are the type of people who consistently jam square pegs into round holes. Just not that smart.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Joe Flacco has a better record as a starter than Andy Dalton, and has proved he doesn’t wilt under the lights. Including a SB MVP.

But yes, some desperate team would probably scoop him up, but let’s not act like half the league would be beating down his door.

There would be some mild interest in Dalton I'd say. But no team is going to be chomping at the bit to sign a guy that crumbles under any pressure like Dalton does. Not at any kind of high price.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Look at bright side if you are a fan who likes the at the game experience, you can get your choice of seats from a scalper game day for pennies on the dollar.

MB screwed up this year, he forgot to look competitive in September so seast would be sold rest of the year. PBS will be half full the rest of the home games other than Cleveland and Steeler game where those 2 teams will outnumber Bengals fan 5 to 1.

There are only 3 AFC teams with winning records a month into the season , the Patriots, Chiefs, and Bills and we've managed to find a year where the whole AFC looks pretty "meh" especially our division and be so bad that we are notably bad.

Lots of teams aren't looking competitive now, but I'd wager most of them didn't pound the "we are in win-now mode" drum quite as hard as we did.  That's the kick in the arse...a win-now team that is 0-4.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Again, I'm not saying we should have kept Marvin but notice how quickly the off-season narrative died.  I bought into it...like many I figured there is no way this team that went 6-10 with all those injuries couldn't at least win 7 games this year.  Last year at this time we were 5-3 "shoulda been 6-2 at least" and this year we are 0-4 and "shoulda been 2-2" but after losing to the worst team the Steelers put on the field in 35 years we've sort of stopped with the "shoulda won" stuff.

Oh well.  ZT is learning on the job and this is what we wanted.  Buy in early on a guy and let him take his lumps.  Well, he's taking them.

Just because we felt the need for a coaching change, does not mean fans liked ZT choice.

He is being paid millions, he should not need to learn on the job, he should have been job ready.

ZT's results last night were embarrassing, he accomplished early what it took ML years to accomplish, a mutiny of the fan base.

No more leeway, the man either starts to win games or needs to be shown the door. Our offense (his supposed strength) looked like a college team last night which is 100% on him.

He gets a chance to play another winless team at home this week, hopefully he can get the win, if not, not good.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:23 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: 3 freaking points in a 3 hour game vs a 3 losses team and no wins.

A 3 loss team with one of the worst D's in the NFL, up until Dalton made em look like the 85 Bears with his inability to function.....at all.......without a perfectly clean pocket.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Again, I'm not saying we should have kept Marvin but notice how quickly the off-season narrative died.  I bought into it...like many I figured there is no way this team that went 6-10 with all those injuries couldn't at least win 7 games this year.  Last year at this time we were 5-3 "shoulda been 6-2 at least" and this year we are 0-4 and "shoulda been 2-2" but after losing to the worst team the Steelers put on the field in 35 years we've sort of stopped with the "shoulda won" stuff.

There was very little chance this team was going to succeed with a new coaching staff with the same or worse OL and LBs from last year.
Taylor is basically playing with Marvin's players.
Just like last year, the Bengals offense really declined without AJ on the field. Bengals went 5-4 when AJ played and went 1-6 when he didn't.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:23 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Agreed. This is the first time I’m admitting it but dalton is done. He’s been David Carr’d behind this joke of an Oline for the past 4 seasons. You can have our delusional front office to thank for that. They’ll never understand that football is a game won and lost in the trenches. It basic stuff, sure. But Mikey and Co are the type of people who consistently jam square pegs into round holes. Just not that smart.

That's what is amazing about it.  Carson Palmer gets a huge cap-eating contract and the line goes to hell and he "quits" and goes and plays football elsewhere.  After this, Dalton takes the high road and takes a team-friendly deal and...the line goes to hell and he gets demolished and looks like a crap QB.

Do you think anyone of note is going to demand that Mike Brown change things again or has everyone just given up?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just because we felt the need for a coaching change, does not mean fams liked ZT choice.

He is being paid millions, he should not need to learn on the job, he should have been job ready.

ZT's results last night were embarrassing, he accomplished early what it took ML years to accomplish, a mutiny of the fan base.

No more leeway, the man either starts to win games or needs to be shown the door. Our offense (his supposed strength) looked like a college team last night which is 100% on him.

He gets a chance to play another winless team at home this week, hopefully he can get the win, if not, not good.

For the record, I wanted Bieniemy.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: There was very little chance this team was going to succeed with a new coaching staff with the same or worse OL and LBs from last year.
Taylor is basically playing with Marvin's players.
Just like last year, the Bengals offense really declined without AJ on the field. Bengals went 5-4 when AJ played and went 1-6 when he didn't.

And we’re 0-4 so far this year without him. It’s almost like AJ has been carrying this team on his back for years or something...

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's what is amazing about it.  Carson Palmer gets a huge cap-eating contract and the line goes to hell and he "quits" and goes and plays football elsewhere.  After this, Dalton takes the high road and takes a team-friendly deal and...the line goes to hell and he gets demolished and looks like a crap QB.

Do you think anyone of note is going to demand that Mike Brown change things again or has everyone just given up?

I really hope people don't go to the home games after last night. The only way Mike Brown even pretends to listen is when people stop showing up to the stadium.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And we’re 0-4 so far this year without him. It’s almost like AJ has been carrying this team on his back for years or something...

Except now he's constantly hurt from carrying the team for all those years!  Hilarious
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's what is amazing about it.  Carson Palmer gets a huge cap-eating contract and the line goes to hell and he "quits" and goes and plays football elsewhere.  After this, Dalton takes the high road and takes a team-friendly deal and...the line goes to hell and he gets demolished and looks like a crap QB.

I’ll never forget the photo of Carson Palmer sopping up the blood gushing from his nose with a towel. That was 2008 or 2010.
Reply/Quote
Our defensive alignment is a joke as well. Lou sucks. Its all bad right now.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:32 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’ll never forget the photo of Carson Palmer sopping up the blood gushing from his nose with a towel.  That was 2010.

I remember that well. And I get it, the line sucks, hell the whole team sucks.

But lets stop pretending Dalton doesn't suck right along with them !

Sure, if we had an all world Oline Dalton would be good, but so would I for that matter.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 2018 was not over early actually.
On Oct 1 last year, the Bengals were 3-1.
Bengals were 5-3 going into November.

This 2019 team is (far) worse than the 2018 team.

Yes, it is.  Maybe they just needed to hit rock bottom, like they did last night, in order to be convinced that it's time to stand up and fight as a team?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:48 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, it is.  Maybe they just needed to hit rock bottom, like they did last night, in order to be convinced that it's time to stand up and fight as a team?

And time to go in a different direction at QB
Reply/Quote