Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's settled.
With no OT worthy of the 12th pick. Word out the combine it's down to Vita Vea or Derwin James if they stay at 12.

Who's your pick?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If the pick is between those two I would go with Vea. This would give Bengals a formidable DL and provide insurance if for some reason Atkins is not signed to a new contract. In addition, Vea is the safer pick.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Vea's had a good start putting up 41 on the bench.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If no Tackle? I'd go with Vea. No doubts about it. Keeps us from facing him on either the Steelers or Ravens.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
James won't be there and drafting a nose tackle is stupid.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Curious on how it is settled by the way? Oh Hobson wrote it. Anyways drafting Via is just plain stupid would rather trade the pick or draft a more valuable position. Also how can a team who is BPA attitude already have the list down to two players two months before the draft. How about let the board make the decision.
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 01:30 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Curious on how it is settled by the way? Oh Hobson wrote it. Anyways drafting Via is just plain stupid would rather trade the pick or draft a more valuable position. Also how can a team who is BPA  attitude already have the list down to two players two months before the draft. How about let the board make the decision.

How is drafting arguably the best interior DL in the draft "stupid"?  It instantly makes the DL better, makes a couple of guys taking up a salary expendable.  How valuable was Warren Sapp to the Bucs' when they won the Superbowl?  How valuable was Haloti Ngata to the Ravens?

Tell me again, how is that a stupid move?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 01:48 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How is drafting arguably the best interior DL in the draft "stupid"?  It instantly makes the DL better, makes a couple of guys taking up a salary expendable.  How valuable was Warren Sapp to the Bucs' when they won the Superbowl?  How valuable was Haloti Ngata to the Ravens?

Tell me again, how is that a stupid move?

Because nose tackles only play 30% of the time. If you draft someone at 12 on a Defensive lineman it should be on a premier pass rusher. Sapp was a 3 Technique.
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 02:00 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Because nose tackles only play 30% of the time. If you draft someone at 12 on a Defensive lineman it should be on a premier pass rusher. Sapp was a 3 Technique.

If the guy improves the run defense, it's a pick well spent.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer Payne to Vea at 12 - reading up on Vea's weaknesses, he sounds a bit like the sort of player who this team already has in Billings. Payne is more polished and has played against better competition. I'd take the football player over the athlete here. 
Reply/Quote
Not a huge fan of James, but would much rather have him than Vea. If OT is out of the question, I want Edmunds or Smith or a trade down.

Another interesting wrinkle: some teams worked James out as a LB, so definitely some versatility there.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 02:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the guy improves the run defense, it's a pick well spent.

Would he thought? What happens when he plays alongside Billings/ Glasgow and none  of them can get penetration in the running game? Or what happens when we play the Patriots in the AFC championship game and none of them can rush passer so they pass it 60 times and our D gets gassed. We need three down players.
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 02:00 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Because nose tackles only play 30% of the time. If you draft someone at 12 on a Defensive lineman it should be on a premier pass rusher. Sapp was a 3 Technique.

Ur problem is ur limiting him to nt. He can easily play 3-tech as well. Not sure the NFL has ever seen someone like vea. 
Reply/Quote
Vea's my pick at 12. I did a mock awhile ago. I haven't updated the mock since the comp picks were announced though. Vea will still be my pick at 12. Nelson would be my preference over James, maybe even T. Edmunds. I think Vea will be there at 12.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I was on the Vita train months ago. Think i was the first guy to mock him to us and he would be a game changer for the team. they will draft a corner tho

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:23 AM)Okeana Wrote: I was on the Vita train months ago. Think i was the first guy to mock him to us and he would be a game changer for the team. they will draft a corner tho

Or a kicker. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Or a kicker. Ninja

well they already said their drafting another kicker this year, but i doubt even the bengals draft a first round kicker lmao

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:28 AM)Okeana Wrote: well they already said their drafting another kicker this year, but i doubt even the bengals draft a first round kicker lmao

Makes me nervous.

Reply/Quote
If we drafted Vea, wouldn't we be drafting a player to take Billing's spot? I thought that's why we drafted Billings??? (although he has been a huge disappointment, but coming back from knee injury is a legit excuse)
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 12:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If we drafted Vea, wouldn't we be drafting a player to take Billing's spot? I thought that's why we drafted Billings??? (although he has been a huge disappointment, but coming back from knee injury is a legit excuse)

This is my take as well. I could see them take a mid-round NT to compete but this team isn’t the kind of team to give up on a guy after just one season, especially when he’s only 22 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote