Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time we moved on from Hill
I think i've seen enough of this guy to not trust him.

We'd roll with Burkhead and Bernard in two RB shotgun sets and be just as potent as before.

There's been a stench on Hill since that playoff fumble. If you don't know to not fight for the first down in that situation, when will you?

Not to mention the streaks of unprofessionalism we've seen from Hill (looking at you Arizona).

Then again, it could be possible that he's taken the more stoic approach that the Bengals prefers to heart. But even then, I don't think our O-Line compliments what he can bring as a RB to this team. Burkhead is better suited for that.
Reply/Quote
No, just no...the season can't start soon enough cause this is getting old
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yawn
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry but there is no way the team gets rid of their td maker in Jeremy Hill. He is having a solid preseason and it will continue into the regular season. He had a sophomore slump last year and that happens to a lot of players so before you go trying to cut our best td scoring rb I would give him a chance to redeem himself. No offense but that is why you don't run the team because it would be crazy to cut him after his second season.
Reply/Quote
Hill will be a workhorse this season. I have a good feeling he is going to bounce back this year

I doubt however, we move on from Hill.
Reply/Quote
We should trade him and all our picks for the next 3 years to the Cowboys for Ezekiel Elliot.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:13 PM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: I'm sorry but there is no way the team gets rid of their td maker in Jeremy Hill. He is having a solid preseason and it will continue into the regular season. He had a sophomore slump last year and that happens to a lot of players so before you go trying to cut our best td scoring rb I would give him a chance to redeem himself. No offense but that is why you don't run the team because it would be crazy to cut him after his second season.

Sophmore slump is an overused term.

There's just as many RBs with monster sophmore years than bad ones. That, and RB is the easiest position in the NFL.

Job Description: Take the ball and run. Don't run in top gear 100% of the time. Switch Arms. Profit. 

I'm not saying we cut him. I'm saying we at least give sexy Rexy a shot. He's earned it.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:13 PM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: I'm sorry but there is no way the team gets rid of their td maker in Jeremy Hill. He is having a solid preseason and it will continue into the regular season. He had a sophomore slump last year and that happens to a lot of players so before you go trying to cut our best td scoring rb I would give him a chance to redeem himself. No offense but that is why you don't run the team because it would be crazy to cut him after his second season.

Hill wasn't a TD maker last year.

THe offense handed him his TDs on a silver platter.
Reply/Quote

Not saying I agree with this thread at all, but I do have to say this... TD maker? Really? TD vulture, sure, but maker? I don't picture a guy who watches the offense drive down the field 77 yards without him and comes in to run a 3 yard TD as a "TD maker". Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:16 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'm not saying we cut him. I'm saying we at least give sexy Rexy a shot. He's earned it.

Rex has done absolutely nothing to deserve a shot a Hill's job.

You can't even troll properly.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rex has done absolutely nothing to deserve a shot a Hill's job.

You can't even troll properly.

He's sat behind others and became a much bigger contributer than others in similar depth spots. Aside fromthe Seahawks fumble (which was Eric Winston's fault for letting Bennet get to him unscathed.)

He hasn't shined bright because he's never had a chance to. Give him a shot by moving him up. He strikes me as one of those guys that the Patriots could make into gold with Brady. We could do the same with Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not saying I agree with this thread at all, but I do have to say this... TD maker? Really? TD vulture, sure, but maker? I don't picture a guy who watches the offense drive down the field 77 yards without him and comes in to run a 3 yard TD as a "TD maker". Lol

Average Hill's numbers over the last two years.

What do we have to lose, really?
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:29 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: He's sat behind others and became a much bigger contributer than others in similar depth spots. Aside fromthe Seahawks fumble (which was Eric Winston's fault for letting Bennet get to him unscathed.)

He hasn't shined bright because he's never had a chance to. Give him a shot by moving him up. He strikes me as one of those guys that the Patriots could make into gold with Brady. We could do the same with Dalton.

I dont know what it is, but whenever i see a white runningback i just shake my head. I just cant remember any great white runningbacks.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:35 PM)Gohards Wrote: I dont know what it is, but whenever i see a white runningback i just shake my head. I just cant remember any great white runningbacks.

That's kind of racist.

Danny Woodhead is a thing, BTW.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:37 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: That's kind of racist.

Danny Woodhead is a thing, BTW.

Solid starter, but far from "great".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
To the OP, it's not Jeremy Hill that is having the problem, it's Russell Bodine getting pushed into the backfield.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This is getting ridiculous. Get rid of Jeremy?

But when you bring up getting rid of nugent, who has been missing preseason kicks, the homers come out to defend ole mike.

Can't wait for week 1

in my opinion, Hill is going to have a bounce back year, and be a top 7 or 8 running back
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:29 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: He's sat behind others and became a much bigger contributer than others in similar depth spots. Aside fromthe Seahawks fumble (which was Eric Winston's fault for letting Bennet get to him unscathed.)

I realize you are kind of new at this troll thing, but yiu really need tpo step up your game.  You started off well with the "Time to move on from Jeremy Hill".  there are a lot of people really down on Hill, so that is a good way to start stirring the pot.

But when you claimed we should replace him with Burkehead you went from troll to clown.  Burkhead has been here four years.  He has had a bunch of carries in the preseason and over 30 carries in the regular season.  He has had plenty of chances to show what he has and he has proven that he has nothing.  although a lot of people are down on Hill, they are not ready to replace a guy who has gained over 2200 yards, scored 21 tds and averaged 4.3 yards per carry with a scrub that has a career 2.4 average per carry.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: To the OP, it's not Jeremy Hill that is having the problem, it's Russell Bodine getting pushed into the backfield.

Then lets bring back our center from '14 when Hill rushed for 1100 yards and averaged over 5 yards per carry.
Reply/Quote
Hill isn't going anywhere this season at least without getting suspended for the entire season for something really stupid. Not happening..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote