Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It sounds like Zampese is out...
What would our options be for a replacement OC?
Reply/Quote
How about open interviews at PBS with Marvin lol. Couldn't be any worse.
Reply/Quote
I'd see what Urban can do for the rest of the season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I think Bill Lazor is the best bet short term. He was an OC for the Dolphins in 14-15.

Urban really has no experience in that role.
Reply/Quote
Say we did fire Zampese...

It would be a good first step in the right direction.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Replaced by some random kid in Kindergarten who likes to eat paste and pee his pants during class?  Ya just never know about paste eating pants peeing kids. Sometimes they go on to greatness. 

Ehem.. We just need to play better..Isn't that just a bit more than painfully obvious AS IF even small children who don't know a football from a dinosaur egg couldn't figure that out? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
From the Lewis presser today, it sounds like Zampese is out:

Marvin Lewis on potential staff changes: "We have to get better, but I'm never going to come in here an tell you anything we're gonna do."

Lewis on Zampese: "Worked incredibly hard at this. Had a good command of the things we’ve done but we are not getting the results we need."
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Pull a scarecrow from a field near I-71 as offensive coordinator, prop it up on the sideline, and let Andy Dalton call his own plays and audibles. Have you heard Andy change many plays at the line this year? NO!

Do what Hue Jackson did in 2015 and let Andy run the offense. He knows it better than Ken Zampese ever will.
Reply/Quote
Pfft. Bunch of coach speak for **** all as far as change.
Reply/Quote
That doesn't sound anything to me like Zampieceofshit is out.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Find the best Oline coach who isn't currently working or who can be wooed away from a college position to become our OC. At least then the offensive line would become a priority.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:30 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Pull a scarecrow from a field near I-71 as offensive coordinator, prop it up on the sideline, and let Andy Dalton call his own plays and audibles.  Have you heard Andy change many plays at the line this year?  NO!  

Do what Hue Jackson did in 2015 and let Andy run the offense.  He knows it better than Ken Zampese ever will.

You have to teach it to clap first.  

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:31 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: That doesn't sound anything to me like Zampieceofshit is out.

It's not his fault he was promoted, it's the guy in charge who should be blamed and called a POS. Zamp seems like a good guy, probably dreamed of being an OC for decades. It didn't work out (a good portion of that falls on his O line which he obviously wasn't in a position to change with the draft picks of Og and Fisher before he took over and having PA as established as it gets). It's time to make a change, but with this team/organization do you really place that much blame on him? I'd Fire Marvin and PA over Zamp any day, really they should all go but Ken will be the scapegoat it seems
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:43 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It's not his fault he was promoted, it's the guy in charge who should be blamed and called a POS. Zamp seems like a good guy, probably dreamed of being an OC for decades. It didn't work out (a good portion of that falls on his O line which he obviously wasn't in a position to change with the draft picks of Og and Fisher before he took over and having PA as established as it gets). It's time to make a change, but with this team/organization do you really place that much blame on him? I'd Fire Marvin and PA over Zamp any day, really they should all go but Ken will be the scapegoat it seems

I'm fine with them firing Zamp during the season as long as Marvin and the rest of the coaching staff are fired in the offseason.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nothing short of 'Yeah, he's already been fired!' would indicate he's going to be fired.
But hey! Wishful thinking among fans at this point can't be any worse than what we currently are getting the honor of watching.. 

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah. Marvin would just say he's been fired.

Pretty much. This is probably Marvin's way of keeping our hopes up. make it think like Zamp is out but we're going to continue to do things the way we've been doing it. But we'll just "do better".
Reply/Quote
He should've been fired at halftime.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:51 PM)jason Wrote: He should've been fired at halftime.

Of Game 1.

Of the preseason. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Of Game 1.

Of the preseason. 

....of 2016.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:43 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It's not his fault he was promoted, it's the guy in charge who should be blamed and called a POS. Zamp seems like a good guy, probably dreamed of being an OC for decades. It didn't work out (a good portion of that falls on his O line which he obviously wasn't in a position to change with the draft picks of Og and Fisher before he took over and having PA as established as it gets). It's time to make a change, but with this team/organization do you really place that much blame on him? I'd Fire Marvin and PA over Zamp any day, really they should all go but Ken will be the scapegoat it seems

True, starts from the top down and MB and company put coaches in bad positions cause they don't have good personnel around them.

Still, i am a better OC than Zampese. Just look at my Madden record lol
Reply/Quote