Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It starts in 2015...
(06-06-2015, 09:57 AM)OSUfan Wrote: To those actively participating in the bashing you do realize you all look like a bunch of middle school teenage girls right? All sitting around in their little group talking about that one "uncool" girl that they treat as an outcast............... ThumbsUp

No. Just pointing out the douchiness of a past Bengals MB poster that wasn't a very good mod.

P.S. I watched Carrie last night. Never seen it before.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 02:40 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Well the truth is a b i t c h  isn't it.

You want some truth?

You just commented negatively on people who were commenting negatively on someone else. 

You did exactly what others were doing about Denny.

Mull that over for a minute. 

You.did.the.exact.same.thing.the.people.you.were.commenting.on.were.doing.

Exactly.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 04:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You want some truth?

You just commented negatively on people who were commenting negatively on someone else. 

You did exactly what others were doing about Denny.

Mull that over for a minute. 

You.did.the.exact.same.thing.the.people.you.were.commenting.on.were.doing.

Exactly.
Whatever helps you feel better about yourself buddy............... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 04:49 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Whatever helps you feel better about yourself buddy............... ThumbsUp

Doesn't really have anything to do with my feelings. I'm fine either way. 

Just helping a friend out, buddy. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 04:49 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Whatever helps you feel better about yourself buddy............... ThumbsUp

Well, I'm sorry to tell you this, but he's right.  You resorted to bashing people you said were bashing.  I just didn't say anything before............. ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 04:53 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well, I'm sorry to tell you this, but he's right.  You resorted to bashing people you said were bashing.  I just didn't say anything before............. ThumbsUp

Actually I merely pointed out how they were acting. Take as you wish. I am not shocked that those actively participating are trying to turn this on me though.......... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
If we don't move past that board and concentrate on this board, then this board will not succeed.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 05:53 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Actually I merely pointed out how they were acting. Take as you wish. I am not shocked that those actively participating are trying to turn this on me though.......... ThumbsUp

No one's trying to turn it around on you. I was just "pointing out" how Denny acted on the mothership, on more than one occasion. 

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 07:10 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If we don't move past that board and concentrate on this board, then this board will not succeed.

I'm gonna have to disagree with this. 

We could sit around and post about the old MB for half the day and it's not hurting this board. It's creating discussion. Doesn't even matter what the discussion is about around here. Just as long as people keep interacting, it's all good.

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 09:27 PM)djs7685 Wrote: ...at least, according to Denny. This guy makes the same prediction every single damn year, then claims that others need to "get over themselves" if they don't have a sunshine and rainbows outlook of the team.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/38lhid/it_starts_in_2015_bengal_fans/?sort=confidence

His first Reddit post and he's already bashing people loldenny

Denny says this every single year. What a rube.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 09:57 AM)OSUfan Wrote: To those actively participating in the bashing you do realize you all look like a bunch of middle school teenage girls right? All sitting around in their little group talking about that one "uncool" girl that they treat as an outcast............... ThumbsUp

So good news folks. This forum offers an Ignore List under: User CP -> Buddy / Ignore List. ............... ThumbsUp

Whoever gave OSUfan the link to this board should be first against the wall.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 09:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm gonna have to disagree with this. 

We could sit around and post about the old MB for half the day and it's not hurting this board. It's creating discussion. Doesn't even matter what the discussion is about around here. Just as long as people keep interacting, it's all good.

And I have to disagree with that.  New members coming on here are not going to care about Denny or want to read long threads about him.  Stop talking about your old girlfriend and pay attention to your pretty new girlfriend please.  
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 10:30 PM)Utts Wrote: So good news folks. This forum offers an Ignore List under: User CP -> Buddy / Ignore List. ............... ThumbsUp

Whoever gave OSUfan the link to this board should be first against the wall.

Edited: I wasn't very nice there so I've edited my comment. I like to see everyone's posts, not just the ones I agree with.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 11:54 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: And I have to disagree with that.  New members coming on here are not going to care about Denny or want to read long threads about him.  Stop talking about your old girlfriend and pay attention to your pretty new girlfriend please.  

My wife might have something to say about that. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 12:08 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: My wife might have something to say about that. Ninja

LOL  Just an analogy.
Reply/Quote
I think this board is going to be just fine. Look how good it's doing already, and right in the middle of the really slow time. TC and preseason are just around the corner, and then it will be jumping even more around here. We're in great shape.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 09:50 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I think this board is going to be just fine.  Look how good it's doing already, and right in the middle of the really slow time.  TC and preseason are just around the corner, and then it will be jumping even more around here.  We're in great shape.

That's the spirit. Usually at this time of year, the old boards would have 25-40 viewers on a good day. So this board is doing just fine. Fortunately, the demise of the old board is still a fresh topic and I believe that's kept a lot of people posting despite the lack of Bengals news. I feel that discussing topics related to the demise of the old board is helping to keep this board rolling in it's early stages.

Fwiw, I don't think anyone has attacked Denny personally. I'm sure he knows that 100% of his posts are 100% positive and that not everyone approves. I'm sure that's not news to him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 11:54 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: And I have to disagree with that.  New members coming on here are not going to care about Denny or want to read long threads about him.  Stop talking about your old girlfriend and pay attention to your pretty new girlfriend please.  

I'm with Bonnie.

If you want the board to grow and keep growing beyond the initial surge with the close of the other board, you can't keep re-hashing the old board or else it becomes an "old boys club" where new posters won't feel welcome. 
Reply/Quote
I just wanted to throw my 2 cents on Denny real quick, as I've had some pretty strong opinions that I've been unable to share for quite some time.

Let's all be honest here, he contributed absolutely nothing to the boards, in terms of actual football discussion. Zilch. Nada. I can't recall a single time that he even wrote more than a few sentences. (Translation: He took no time to explain himself or add any substance to his posts) He never said much of anything when it came to actual football talk. I never remember him commenting on this player vs that player, this team vs that team, this strategy vs that strategy, etc.

At the end of the day we're here (were there) to talk football. Period. Throw out the homer vs hater bs, throw out the disagreements, the rep points, the sigs, the bets... Throw it all out. Everyone is ultimately here (was there) for the same thing. To talk about Bengals football and the NFL. Some contribute more than others, and that's ok. Denny didn't contribute at all. He added nothing to the actual discussion. If anything, I think he took joy in inciting others, all the while taking about 10 seconds to write his regurgitated nonsense over and over.

As far as being a mod, a few things: He went out of his way to ding certain types of posters more than others. He was once gave me an infraction for calling someone in an article a moron. Not another a poster. A personal in an article. Some idiot was giving the Bengals grief for not taking Carlos Hyde in one of those Hobson's mailbag things. I called that guy an idiot and Denny dinged for it. Even after I told him this person wasn't a poster, he warned me and said he'd let it slide just this once. Meanwhile, I was called much worse almost daily and he was nowhere to be found. (tl;dr: Denny singed out negative posters)

Lastly, I thought he represented the team horribly. Even if he's not a paid employee he did represent the team. When people voice their concerns and you reply "See ya" "Or good riddance" or whatever, that's not a good look. You won't see the social media person for Fritos tell someone they don't want their business if they comment they don't like their new BBQ flavor or whatever. Denny did that constantly. It came across and childish to me. When someone takes the time to try to explain why their upset about whatever, and you reply the way he often did, it reminded me of a child's "na na na boo boo" response. The least he could do was explain himself in return. He never, I mean absolutely never, did.

Just my opinion but I thought he made them look bad. I think he seemed petty, antagonistic, I think he trolled people, and frankly, I think he was dumb as shit.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 07:10 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If we don't move past that board and concentrate on this board, then this board will not succeed.

I completely disagree.  I think the success of this board is dependent on it's ability to pick up where the other one left off.  I think for this board to continue it needs to resemble the forums over there as closely as it can.  Don't get me wrong, improvements can be made.  But it still needs many of the same personalities to see a comparable amount of traffic.

The other board, as far as message boards are concerned, was a rousing success.  You need look no further than it coming to crashing halt on gamedays, as there was so much traffic.  I think what made it a success was the people, and more specifically the relationships, feuds, ongoing subjects/debates/jokes, the rep system, etc.

So I think this board needs to carry on much of that.  Whether I ever wanted to admit it or not, part of the reason I went to JN so often was to argue with guys like Fred Toast or Bfine.  The debate was enjoyable.  Those types of things need to continue here or I think you'll see less activity out of some members.  Much of that history needs to carry over.

Lastly, as far a new members not wanting to read it or not knowing what it is, that problem would have, and did, occurred on the other site.  It never seem to be a problem in attracting new members.  I don't see why this should be any different.  Even if you erase the last 10 years on the other site, people will be confused by much of what is written on here a year from now.  
Reply/Quote