Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its OK now to teach religion in public schools
(10-17-2015, 07:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Educating some morality is never a bad thing.   Children being exposed to the Lord is always a good thing.   Whether it sticks or not is up to their parents.    

Whose morality is being taught?  I get the feeling your version of morality and mine are going to have some considerable differences once we get past things like don't kill, steal, etc.
(10-17-2015, 07:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Children being exposed to the Lord is always a good thing.  

Thats what the pedophile catholic priests said.
(10-18-2015, 12:04 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Talking about God is never a bad thing.    Although I am sure your atheist buddy here would want to mark all this with .... Well this is made up ....    In the end it comes down to who is teaching the matieral.   personally I would love to teach this clas.   I think it would be quite interesting.  And would really invoke some great discussion.

I don't think anyone who calls all Muslims "savages" and advocates for bans on their ability to immigrate to the U.S. Should teach a religion class.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-18-2015, 05:46 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I don't think you get it. If I had told a teacher, "I do not pray during morning prayer, I just close my eyes and act like I do to be respectful", I would have been in trouble.

Mioreover, I don't think someone quietly leaving their eyes open and staring at whatever is disrespecting anything.

How does the teacher know if anyone prays who closes their eyes? Just telling them you weren't is just being belligerent and rude.
(10-19-2015, 07:07 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think anyone who calls all Muslims "savages" and advocates for bans on their ability to immigrate to the U.S. Should teach a religion class.

I never said ban. 10 year block... Yes. Or at least until we are no longer at war with them.

And when they do savage things what else am I supposed to call them? It's up to them whether they want to be part of civilized society or not. Some have chosen to join us and some refuse.

And none of this has anything to do with presenting the material as a professional.
(10-19-2015, 03:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How does the teacher know if anyone prays who closes their eyes?   Just telling them you weren't is just being belligerent and rude.

Actually its being truthful.

Something you would think religious people would like.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-18-2015, 08:59 AM)nevergonnachange Wrote: Whose morality is being taught?  I get the feeling your version of morality and mine are going to have some considerable differences once we get past things like don't kill, steal, etc.

Let's hear your version of morality. Then we can find out. I doubt there are many if any differences. You probably assume a lot.
(10-19-2015, 03:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Actually its being truthful.

Something you would think religious people would like.

Respecting others is not just a religious value.

Interrupting or disrupting class or church to tell a teacher you are not participating is just disrespectful to everyone in the class and the teacher.
(10-19-2015, 03:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Respecting others is not just a religious value.

Interrupting or disrupting class or church to tell a teacher you are not participating is just disrespectful to everyone in the class and the teacher.

You didn't say disrupting.  That would be different.

But lying about it would be wrong too.
(10-19-2015, 04:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: You didn't say disrupting.  That would be different.

But lying about it would be wrong too.

Telling the teacher you are not participating is disrupting. Just stay quiet and take the F.
(10-19-2015, 04:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Telling the teacher you are not participating is disrupting.   Just stay quiet and take the F.

I hope you home school.
(10-19-2015, 04:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: I hope you home school.

I do not, but home schooled kids are better off than public school kids.  Mainly because they actually have a home support system which many in public education.l do not.... Which is exactly why it's failing overall.  

I actually wish teachers would market themselves to home schoolers to give a 1 on 1 attention at whatever rate the teacher offers.    This way the best teachers could maximize their pay.

I imagine Pat would like to state his rate.
(10-19-2015, 03:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I never said ban.  10 year block... Yes.   Or at least until we are no longer at war with them.  

We're not at war with any nations. We're also not at war with Islam...

Quote:And when they do savage things what else am I supposed to call them?   It's up to them whether they want to be part of civilized society or not.  Some have chosen to join us and some refuse.

Call the terrorists "savages" if you want, but you're lumping the whole religion into this word.

Quote:And none of this has anything to do with presenting the material as a professional.

Incorrect. If you're incapable of not referring to a whole religion as "savages" over the actions of, at most, 1% of them, that has a lot to do with your ability to present the material as a professional. If I referred to all liberals as "p*ssies" and all conservatives as "inbred", I would probably not be fit to teach American Government. 

(10-19-2015, 03:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How does the teacher know if anyone prays who closes their eyes?   Just telling them you weren't is just being belligerent and rude.

Not really.

The point is you were wrong. Prayer is required at some Christian schools, and frankly, given that many of these private schools are a total joke academically, I would have no problem with the state investigating and shutting many of them down accordingly. School is for learning, not churning out faithful Jewish-zombie worshipers.
(10-19-2015, 06:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  If I referred to all liberals as "p*ssies" and all conservatives as "inbred", I would probably not be fit to teach American Government. 

*insert Sam Kinison as teacher (in Back to School) here*
(10-19-2015, 07:01 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: *insert Sam Kinison as teacher (in Back to School) here*

[Image: good-answer-o.gif]

(10-19-2015, 06:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We're not at war with any nations. We're also not at war with Islam...

Call the terrorists "savages" if you want, but you're lumping the whole religion into this word.

Incorrect. If you're incapable of not referring to a whole religion as "savages" over the actions of, at most, 1% of them, that has a lot to do with your ability to present the material as a professional. If I referred to all liberals as "p*ssies" and all conservatives as "inbred", I would probably not be fit to teach American Government. 

You are insanely judgemental on anyone who disagrees with you. Yet you somehow manage to stay professional in the classroom.
(10-19-2015, 08:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You are insanely judgemental on anyone who disagrees with you.

Well he was made in God's image, amirite?

*rimshot*
(10-19-2015, 08:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You are insanely judgemental on anyone who disagrees with you.   Yet you somehow manage to stay professional in the classroom.

Why don't you ask him what would happen to a student who continually referred to people of various ethnic backgrounds as "savages" in the classroom?

But that's probably just a sign of librool school system...
(10-19-2015, 08:22 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Why don't you ask him what would happen to a student who continually referred to people of various ethnic backgrounds as "savages" in the classroom?

But that's probably just a sign of librool school system...

There is school policy setup for these instances. I am sure he follows the district policy.