Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its evident ZT doesn't care what Rd you were drafted
(08-29-2019, 06:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I would love to see Ross on the field tonight to send a message. But I doubt it happens. Or does it? Sure there's an interview which says hes not playing tonight.

I don't see why Ross would play tonight.  I'm just saying we're all about ZT not caring about where a guy was drafted but we know Ross is going to go from the rehab field and the sideline directly into the starting lineup because he was a top 10 pick, right?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 06:31 PM)Beaker Wrote: I am just really impressed that ZT doesn't care about resume of draft position. He only cares who the best players are. Finally something to help shed the same old Bengals label.

Why you reckon he named Jonah Williams starting LT before he ever put on a pair of NFL pads?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 07:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why you reckon he named Jonah Williams starting LT before he ever put on a pair of NFL pads?

Maybe he saw Jonah handle a bottle of ketchup?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 07:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't see why Ross would play tonight.  I'm just saying we're all about ZT not caring about where a guy was drafted but we know Ross is going to go from the rehab field and the sideline directly into the starting lineup because he was a top 10 pick, right?  

I dont know? I guess depends on what he's done in practice. But I don't like it at all.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 06:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll have an easier time believing this if he makes John Ross play tonight instead of just having him start in Seattle. 
Have you considered that Ross may not start last preseason game or first regular season game ???   I did not say will not play in Seattle, but good chance he is not on the field the first snap of first series.  At least a 50 % chance he is not.  I look for Eifert to line up as a WR sometimes under Coach Taylor.  The other TE at TE, and Boyd and Eifert going out wide.  Bengals also have other WR's until Green gets back.  Ross has done nothing to earn starting time for Coach Taylor who did not draft him.  NEW DEY. ....look for Ross to get playing time, but on the field at start of game is in doubt.

I really don't care who starts. I only care who steps up in game and beats a tough Seattle. Who is on the field in a 4th quarter 2 minute drill is more important in NFL. Starting is for high school and college. Who is on the field with game on the line is the key in NFL the last 2 minutes. Most games come down to 4th quarter and last 2 minutes in NFL. That said, I hope Taylor doesn't stop clock when other team out of time outs. Force other team to scramble on field for field goal as clock ticks off. Don't help them with an extra time out as Marvin did. Maybe they don't get out there and get the ball snapped in time. Marvin was bad at calling D time outs when the team behind out of time outs, which is stupid, let the game run out. NEW DEY
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 11:44 AM)kevin Wrote: Have you considered that Ross may not start last preseason game or first regular season game ???   I did not say will not play in Seattle, but good chance he is not on the field the first snap of first series.  At least a 50 % chance he is not.  I look for Eifert to line up as a WR sometimes under Coach Taylor.  The other TE at TE, and Boyd and Eifert going out wide.  Bengals also have other WR's until Green gets back.  Ross has done nothing to earn starting time for Coach Taylor who did not draft him.  NEW DEY. ....look for Ross to get playing time, but on the field at start of game is in doubt.

I really don't care who starts.  I only care who steps up in game and beats a tough Seattle.  Who is on the field in a 4th quarter 2 minute drill is more important in NFL.   Starting is for high school and college.  Who is on the field with game on the line is the key in NFL the last 2 minutes.  Most games come down to 4th quarter and last 2 minutes in NFL.  That said, I hope Taylor doesn't stop clock when other team out of time outs.  Force other team to scramble on field for field goal as clock ticks off.  Don't help them with an extra time out as Marvin did.  Maybe they don't get out there and get the ball snapped in time.  Marvin was bad at calling D time outs when the team behind out of time outs, which is stupid, let the game run out. NEW DEY

How does not playing Ross make ZT different than Marvin?
Reply/Quote