Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ja'Marr Chase Is Liking Cincinnati!
(05-15-2021, 05:26 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Funny, I lived in Colorado & was about to make the same post as you.

Cheers

I liked the area, but it was becoming far too expensive and Fort Collins started turning into Boulder.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He needs to forget Cincy and hit up Covington if he wants to get in on the authentic action. No matter how much they try to nice it up, Covington is always Covington. You're taking your life into your own hands if you meander into the wrong neighborhoods after a night of drinking over there, lol.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 04:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I bought a house 1.5 years ago and I believe it’s valued on Zillow at 30% more than what I bought it for. The housing market is insane here.

My wife and I lived in an apartment in downtown Boise before then. We move in around 2014 and rent was $650... they were asking for $1200 when we moved out in 2019.

Californians can sell a small home for more than a million and come here to buy a house 3x the size for half of what they sold their house for. I had a neighbor move in and he’s redone the roof, new paint job, new windows, new garage door, new appliance, installed a basketball hoop, redid the landscape etc etc. on the biggest house on the street. It’s really concerning as a local resident... we all plan to move out your way, sorry man!

What’s concerning and U sound sour at the guy who bought his own house and then did what he wanted to his own house. I’m confused
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 01:43 PM)jason Wrote: It sounds like Ja'Marr Chase hasn't spent a whole lotta time outside of the deep South til this point in his life. I don't now, nor have I ever lived in Cincinnati, so I'm not biased. It is a pretty city when you see it from certain angles though (Pittsburgh is the same way). These all sound like throw away remarks, but it seems Ja'Marr was taken aback by some of the views of his new home.

My cousin who was from California was shocked that NKY had a Mall and a Walmart lol.

He thought it was going to be all farmland and horses. Mellow

The 2 things I miss the most since I moved to Michigan are (1) Skyline Chili and (2) the view when you pass through cut in the hill.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 07:27 PM)tBengal Wrote: Cincinnati skyline is beautiful. Always take a picture of it when I’m in Newport.

You could see it from parts of my neighborhood (in Ft Mitchell) growing up while we were playing jailbreak late at night.  It was pretty nice.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 08:18 PM)samhain Wrote: He needs to forget Cincy and hit up Covington if he wants to get in on the authentic action. No matter how much they try to nice it up, Covington is always Covington. You're taking your life into your own hands if you meander into the wrong neighborhoods after a night of drinking over there, lol.

I grew up around some of those areas. Had a gun put in my face once or thrice.

You have to adopt a certain mentality around those parts or you get chewed up and spit out.

It's funny, when I moved to Michigan, some dude was staring at me in a parking lot, and I was getting myself ready to throw down. We get closer and he's just like "hey man, how's it going?" LOL

I had to work the Covington out of me. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 08:18 PM)samhain Wrote: He needs to forget Cincy and hit up Covington if he wants to get in on the authentic action.  No matter how much they try to nice it up, Covington is always Covington.  You're taking your life into your own hands if you meander into the wrong neighborhoods after a night of drinking over there, lol.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=14315808]

Covington is an entirely different ballgame!

Hilarious

(05-15-2021, 09:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My cousin who was from California was shocked that NKY had a Mall and a Walmart lol.

The 2 things I miss the most since I moved to Michigan are (1) Skyline Chili and (2) the view when you pass through cut in the hill.

That view coming down the hill is pretty amazing.  Funny how I never appreciated that until I go into college.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 09:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My cousin who was from California was shocked that NKY had a Mall and a Walmart lol.

Yeah... The cut in the hill on the Kentucky side is the best view. I guess it's an Ohio River valley thing because I can't think of any other cities that sit amongst rolling hills like Cincinnati and Pittsburgh do. It's amazing how different Cincy looks as opposed to coming in from the north (like I do).

Little did your cousin know that Ohio and Kentucky are basically nothing but Walmarts and shopping malls... A few Applebee's too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'll just leave this right here.

https://smartasset.com/financial-advisor/best-cities-for-new-college-grads-2021-edition

1. Cincinnati, OH

Cincinnati is the best city for college grads in our 2021 list, finishing seventh for affordability and tied at third for fun. This city has the eighth-lowest median monthly rent ($660) and the 12th-lowest cost of living ($19,713). Cincinnati also has the seventh-best Yelp bar scores (3.98). And though not as high a finish, the Queen City still ranks 26th for job score, a top quartile finish.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 09:03 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: What’s concerning and U sound sour at the guy who bought his own house and then did what he wanted to his own house. I’m confused

No definitely not, his house looks great! I was just saying it must’ve cost a big chunk of change. Dude does well for himself and good for him, I have no bad will against him.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 09:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I grew up around some of those areas. Had a gun put in my face once or thrice.

You have to adopt a certain mentality around those parts or you get chewed up and spit out.

It's funny, when I moved to Michigan, some dude was staring at me in a parking lot, and I was getting myself ready to throw down. We get closer and he's just like "hey man, how's it going?" LOL

I had to work the Covington out of me. Mellow

A good buddy of mine bought a really cool old house on 6th a few years back.  It's a beautiful building that's huge and built like a fortress, as many of those old houses are.  It's value has gone up a lot in the last few years and there's a ton to do in the neighborhood.  You could almost be fooled into thinking it was a nice place to live if it weren't for being able to see a crack house out the back window and the fact that the house next door was most recently occupied by tweaker squatters.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 11:01 PM)samhain Wrote: A good buddy of mine bought a really cool old house on 6th a few years back.  It's a beautiful building that's huge and built like a fortress, as many of those old houses are.  It's value has gone up a lot in the last few years and there's a ton to do in the neighborhood.  You could almost be fooled into thinking it was a nice place to live if it weren't for being able to see a crack house out the back window and the fact that the house next door was most recently occupied by tweaker squatters.

It's funny, you could be in a nice section of Covington like up by the river, or in Wallace Woods, then go 2 blocks over and it's crackhouses and drug deals in broad daylight. It got worse after they tore the projects down, because it spread out the riff raff.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 10:22 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I'll just leave this right here.

https://smartasset.com/financial-advisor/best-cities-for-new-college-grads-2021-edition

1. Cincinnati, OH

Cincinnati is the best city for college grads in our 2021 list, finishing seventh for affordability and tied at third for fun. This city has the eighth-lowest median monthly rent ($660) and the 12th-lowest cost of living ($19,713). Cincinnati also has the seventh-best Yelp bar scores (3.98). And though not as high a finish, the Queen City still ranks 26th for job score, a top quartile finish.

Know someone who is living in Atlanta at like $1300/month rent for a 1 bedroom apartment and he was just shocked as how comparatively cheap housing was here when I told him.

Will always be strange to me how we have so much cheap sparsely populated land in this country, but people are dying to spend huge sums to pack together as tightly as possible.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 07:37 PM)Earendil Wrote: Cheers

I liked the area, but it was becoming far too expensive and Fort Collins started turning into Boulder.

Truth, I was in the Fort Collins area.
Reply/Quote
Do you Cincinnatians still have that strange affiliation to the chicken dance?
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 06:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: To be fair, we do have a water tower that says FLORENCE Y'ALL.............

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

My Dad's family is all from Western Hills on the Ohio side, and he's lived there my whole live till this day (so that's how I've been diagnosed with this chronic Bengals' affliction.) 

But I grew up though with my Mom and her side of the family in central WV till I left for college. (Always had to fight off the stank of all the Shittsburgh - and strangely Stains-  fans in those parts...) 

But my wife is English, and we've lived outside the States for 10 years or so now, currently in the UK...

Hands down, her ALL-TIME favourite local sign/landmark she's noted on our vast global wanders is the FLORENCE Y'ALL water tower. 

God Save the Queen City.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 12:50 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Truth, I was in the Fort Collins area.

Woah, small world.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 10:58 AM)Earendil Wrote: Woah, small world.

For sure! I've seen a couple others here mention they lived in CO at one point as well. I'm back in Ohio though, good job opportunity and lower cost of living.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 09:59 AM)The Gooney Rule Wrote: My Dad's family is all from Western Hills on the Ohio side, and he's lived there my whole live till this day (so that's how I've been diagnosed with this chronic Bengals' affliction.) 

But I grew up though with my Mom and her side of the family in central WV till I left for college. (Always had to fight off the stank of all the Shittsburgh - and strangely Stains-  fans in those parts...) 

But my wife is English, and we've lived outside the States for 10 years or so now, currently in the UK...

Hands down, her ALL-TIME favourite local sign/landmark she's noted on our vast global wanders is the FLORENCE Y'ALL water tower. 

God Save the Queen City.
I pass the Florence Ya’ll tower everyday and don’t think much of it. Probably because I see it so much. Some people can’t believe their eyes when they see it. Pretty funny.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 01:08 PM)tBengal Wrote: I pass the Florence Ya’ll tower everyday and don’t think much of it. Probably because I see it so much. Some people can’t believe their eyes when they see it. Pretty funny.

I've been a member of a political forum for several years and when I mentioned that I live in Kentucky and one of the other members said the only thing he remembers about driving through Kentucky was that tower. Of course I had to explain why it says that. LOL
Reply/Quote