Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ja'Marr Chase Is Liking Cincinnati!
(05-17-2021, 02:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Goldstar still a Bengals Partner ???   (i believe Skyline partners with the Reds)

Got Chase one of Those Palmer Adds with the ft long cheesy coney?

I had heard Skyline was into Paul Brown, which I loved because, even though I love Goldstar coney crates (probably because, by the time we eat them, I'm snoggled), Skyline is miles ahead of Goldstar.

I could be wrong about that, and Skyline would need something to rival a coney crate, but I'd KILL for Skyline to be in Paul Brown!
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 01:23 PM)Earendil Wrote: I live two hours south of Tampa and it's growing like mad here.  The population has grown over thirty percent in the last ten years.  Apparently we are only a hundred thousand under the population of Cincy (the city, not the metro).

You will pass it this year.  People are flying south for good.  Leaving NY and NJ.  No state income tax and people working more from home have sped up the process.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 08:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You will pass it this year.  People are flying south for good.  Leaving NY and NJ.  No state income tax and people working more from home have sped up the process.  

Less state tax more sales tax, gas tax, electricity tax and so on.  Florida has a nice marketing point, but I wouldn't depend on the government there to be magnanimous.  Less inheritance tax there if you plan on running out the clock at the villages, though.  

Ok now I'm P&R-ing all over the thread.  
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 10:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok now I'm P&R-ing all over the thread.  

PBR-ing?
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 11:10 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: PBR-ing?

I wish I were classy enough to be drinking pbr at 10am. 
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 11:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I wish I were classy enough to be drinking pbr at 10am. 

lol wife asked me if it was any good..  I told her of course it won a blue ribbon they dont just give those away.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 11:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: lol wife asked me if it was any good..  I told her of course it won a blue ribbon they dont just give those away.

Lordy, I have a pocket full of zingers I use when people give me grief for drinking cheap beer.  I'd say that's cause for a life-check moment but, meh.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 01:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Lordy, I have a pocket full of zingers I use when people give me grief for drinking cheap beer.  I'd say that's cause for a life-check moment but, meh.

When someones ask why i drink crappy beer, i usually tell them " Because it tastes better than your wife ".. I hindsight.. maybe i should have said that to my father-in-law..
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 01:59 PM)The Clapp Wrote: Really?

See caption below pic...

Chase is on the Dolphins eh? Lol, some people....
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While on this brief state tangent, it is funny how many people think when you are from Ohio that you live in an igloo or something.  I love our climate, except I could just sleep through the month of February and not miss a thing.  Worst month ever.  Climate sucks and no football or baseball.  But, I love our climate change.  The weather right now is near perfect, and fall in Ohio is gorgeous.

I live in Centerville, which is just a suburb of Dayton, and I love our community, parks, restaurants, etc.  Cincinnati is a great weekend get away with OTR and the banks.  

That being said, it is only a matter of time once my folks are no longer with us that I retire to Tampa and live by my sister.  That area is BOOMING.  Nearly 1000 people moving to Tampa EVERY DAY.  That's insane, but it is a really neat area (where she lives) and you can walk to most things like restaurants, bars, (all of which are pretty amazing), and boat club.  I love the evolution to driving around in a golf cart.  Hilarious.

My wife and I just left Maineville for Naples a few weeks ago. I love Cincinnati, but hate snow and ice. But, chance we may revisit a second small place back in Cincinnati in 2022 once we get settled. All of our family is in Cincinnati and a lot of great friends.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While on this brief state tangent, it is funny how many people think when you are from Ohio that you live in an igloo or something.  I love our climate, except I could just sleep through the month of February and not miss a thing.  Worst month ever.  Climate sucks and no football or baseball.  But, I love our climate change.  The weather right now is near perfect, and fall in Ohio is gorgeous.

That's the thing with weather in Greater Cincinnati: one day it can be sunny and 70 and then the next day it can be snowing.  

The dead of summer is usually pretty hot and the dead of winter is usually pretty cold, but anything in between those two is a free-for-all.
Reply/Quote
I'd like any city willing to give me a few million dollars, too.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 03:02 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'd like any city willing to give me a few million dollars, too.

I'm pretty sure he's getting paid to play football, unless Cincy is handing out millions of dollars for people to just live there.  In all seriousness, I get the diplomatic team-speak, I just don't take it too seriously.  Cincy is paying him millions, but the dude was the 5th overall pick so I'm pretty sure 31 other NFL teams would be willing to pay him millions if we drafted Sewell.

Oh lord, I said the S-word....time to derail things again. 
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 02:32 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Careful what you wish for. Boise is about the same size as Cincinnati and we’ve been figured out. People moving in in droves, hiking up housing costs, changing the great vibe into something a bit more California. Enjoy Cincinnati while you can!

Is it tho? Urban population is not a very good picture of the size of a city. The majority of the people on this board live within the 275 loop, but don't technically live in "Cincinnati." Boises metro area is like 750k, while Cincinnati's is 2.1 million
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 03:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure he's getting paid to play football, unless Cincy is handing out millions of dollars for people to just live there.  In all seriousness, I get the diplomatic team-speak, I just don't take it too seriously.  Cincy is paying him millions, but the dude was the 5th overall pick so I'm pretty sure 31 other NFL teams would be willing to pay him millions if we drafted Sewell.

Well, at least 27 other teams.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 04:04 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Well, at least 27 other teams.

31 nfl teams, 9 CFL teams, and all 4 of those teams in that league where fans call the plays!
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 03:29 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Is it tho? Urban population is not a very good picture of the size of a city. The majority of the people on this board live within the 275 loop, but don't technically live in "Cincinnati." Boises metro area is like 750k, while Cincinnati's is 2.1 million

Boise has multiple cities growing together into one. Nampa, Eagle are pretty much Boise...
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 03:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I had heard Skyline was into Paul Brown, which I loved because, even though I love Goldstar coney crates (probably because, by the time we eat them, I'm snoggled), Skyline is miles ahead of Goldstar.

I could be wrong about that, and Skyline would need something to rival a coney crate, but I'd KILL for Skyline to be in Paul Brown!

SKyline has Reds.. Gold Star has Bengals 
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 03:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure he's getting paid to play football, unless Cincy is handing out millions of dollars for people to just live there.  In all seriousness, I get the diplomatic team-speak, I just don't take it too seriously.  Cincy is paying him millions, but the dude was the 5th overall pick so I'm pretty sure 31 other NFL teams would be willing to pay him millions if we drafted Sewell.

not as bad as me saying the H word when discussing QBs.. on this very sensitive group it seems..lol
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 09:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You could see it from parts of my neighborhood (in Ft Mitchell) growing up while we were playing jailbreak late at night.  It was pretty nice.

Don't you have a friend that still tries to play that? Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote