Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ja'Marr Chase Is Liking Cincinnati!
Cincinnati is a great town that people from outside Ohio really tend to know nothing about. I encounter this sentiment all the time. Most notably when I was interviewing for graduate school at UC, many of the current students echoed the notion that Cincy has way more going for it than they thought it would. There're such deep cultural and historical roots in town, and there's no shortage of shit to check out when you're looking for shit to check out.
Reply/Quote
For comparison, Dayton is also a fantastic city with deep history -- but there are some Cincinnati lifers that never bothered to visit their brother up I-75 that don't even realize it's a legit city with a big skyline of its own. People are insulated.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 03:10 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: For comparison, Dayton is also a fantastic city with deep history -- but there are some Cincinnati lifers that never bothered to visit their brother up I-75 that don't even realize it's a legit city with a big skyline of its own. People are insulated.

We were the Silicon Valley of the early 20th Century baby...

I always dog Dayton, but when I have friends in from outta town, they always seem to enjoy it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Not like he has a choice
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 05:10 PM)Housh Wrote: Not like he has a choice

He could not like it or just have no comment, but he chose to say that he's liking it.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, lower taxes plus everything you said. Drop in the bucket for those Californians when buying a house in these mid-western
states. Just hope they learn their lesson and don't run our taxes up and spread that disease destroying Cali.

Don't give Californians too much credit...most of them used something awful called an "interest only loan" to make their mortgages doable.  It is amazing how the states like California, Illinois, and NY are doing so poorly and people are moving away from there.  Stupid leadership.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
While on this brief state tangent, it is funny how many people think when you are from Ohio that you live in an igloo or something. I love our climate, except I could just sleep through the month of February and not miss a thing. Worst month ever. Climate sucks and no football or baseball. But, I love our climate change. The weather right now is near perfect, and fall in Ohio is gorgeous.

I live in Centerville, which is just a suburb of Dayton, and I love our community, parks, restaurants, etc. Cincinnati is a great weekend get away with OTR and the banks.

That being said, it is only a matter of time once my folks are no longer with us that I retire to Tampa and live by my sister. That area is BOOMING. Nearly 1000 people moving to Tampa EVERY DAY. That's insane, but it is a really neat area (where she lives) and you can walk to most things like restaurants, bars, (all of which are pretty amazing), and boat club. I love the evolution to driving around in a golf cart. Hilarious.
Reply/Quote
If he Drives about 1 hour north we got them fields hes looking for.. Or east or South... West tooo

But let us know when he decides Skyline vs Goldstar

Cause thats whats really important.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That being said, it is only a matter of time once my folks are no longer with us that I retire to Tampa and live by my sister.  That area is BOOMING.  Nearly 1000 people moving to Tampa EVERY DAY.  That's insane, but it is a really neat area (where she lives) and you can walk to most things like restaurants, bars, (all of which are pretty amazing), and boat club.  I love the evolution to driving around in a golf cart.  Hilarious.

I'm at that point.  Within 5 yrs I could be there also. Have relatives in the Clearwater area.   
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 08:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Don't give Californians too much credit...most of them used something awful called an "interest only loan" to make their mortgages doable.  It is amazing how the states like California, Illinois, and NY are doing so poorly and people are moving away from there.  Stupid leadership.  

I'm with you.  People need to complain less and move more.  Hopefully people in Florida don't frown when you move there.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 08:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Don't give Californians too much credit...most of them used something awful called an "interest only loan" to make their mortgages doable.  It is amazing how the states like California, Illinois, and NY are doing so poorly and people are moving away from there.  Stupid leadership.  

Yeah amazing lol
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 01:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah amazing lol

You can rag on blue states in the P&R section.
Reply/Quote

Despite being a finance minor (Econ major), I've literally never heard of a interest only loan. Now I have research to do.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While on this brief state tangent, it is funny how many people think when you are from Ohio that you live in an igloo or something.  I love our climate, except I could just sleep through the month of February and not miss a thing.  Worst month ever.  Climate sucks and no football or baseball.  But, I love our climate change.  The weather right now is near perfect, and fall in Ohio is gorgeous.

I live in Centerville, which is just a suburb of Dayton, and I love our community, parks, restaurants, etc.  Cincinnati is a great weekend get away with OTR and the banks.  

That being said, it is only a matter of time once my folks are no longer with us that I retire to Tampa and live by my sister.  That area is BOOMING.  Nearly 1000 people moving to Tampa EVERY DAY.  That's insane, but it is a really neat area (where she lives) and you can walk to most things like restaurants, bars, (all of which are pretty amazing), and boat club.  I love the evolution to driving around in a golf cart.  Hilarious.

I live two hours south of Tampa and it's growing like mad here.  The population has grown over thirty percent in the last ten years.  Apparently we are only a hundred thousand under the population of Cincy (the city, not the metro).
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 10:04 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If he Drives about 1 hour north we got them fields hes looking for.. Or east or South...   West tooo

But let us know when he decides  Skyline vs Goldstar

Cause thats whats really important.

He'll choose Skyline because he's not stupid  ThumbsUp

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 01:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He'll choose Skyline because he's not stupid  ThumbsUp

Hilarious

I'll play contrarian. Gold Star might offering him a nice amount of money.... Chase becomes #TeamGoldStar.
Reply/Quote
Really?

See caption below pic...

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
What exactly is there NOT to like about Cincinnati?

Its a great city with a ton to do. Affordable housing, good schools, a nice economy, and the headquarters to a lot of global businesses. Great restaurant scene with a great park system. The downtown scene is booming and neighborhoods are being gentrified and are taking off. It's also one of the best brewery scenes in the US. It's one of the more underrated cities in the US to be quite honest.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 01:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He'll choose Skyline because he's not stupid  ThumbsUp

Hilarious

Sick skyline 
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 01:44 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'll play contrarian. Gold Star might offering him a nice amount of money.... Chase becomes #TeamGoldStar.

Goldstar still a Bengals Partner ???   (i believe Skyline partners with the Reds)

Got Chase one of Those Palmer Adds with the ft long cheesy coney?
Reply/Quote