Routes like the slant route then you run sluggo
Routes. If they are sitting on the out route then you call for
The out and up the sideline
In.general if they are anticipating quicker
Throws then the coaches should be instructing
The QB to use pump fakes to allow the defender to
Over commit
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:05 AM)impactplaya Wrote: If CBs are sitting on the quicker developing
Routes like the slant route then you run sluggo
Routes. If they are sitting on the out route then you call for
The out and up the sideline
In.general if they are anticipating quicker
Throws then the coaches should be instructing
The QB to use pump fakes to allow the defender to
Over commit

Was just thinking last night that I’ve never seen Joe pump fake… must not be in his skill set.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone take into consideration that the reason they were able to sit on intermediate routes is they knew they have one of the best front 4's in the NFL, and Burrow would not have time to go deep? Not quite sure what Taylor is supposed to do about that.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:09 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Was just thinking last night that I’ve never seen Joe pump fake… must not be in his skill set.

Oh lord, dig up the "Burrow has small hands" combine stuff!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:09 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Was just thinking last night that I’ve never seen Joe pump fake… must not be in his skill set.

Small hands. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 04:34 AM)kevin Wrote: If the Bengals expect a Pity Party from The Steelers, they will not get one. 

Oh come on.

Steelers are Pity Party central.

Now folks are getting downright absurd these days.Rolleyes
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Small hands. Ninja

All joking aside, if the guy has small hands we don't want him going all "Dave Kreig" out there.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Does anyone take into consideration that the reason they were able to sit on intermediate routes is they knew they have one of the best front 4's in the NFL, and Burrow would not have time to go deep? Not quite sure what Taylor is supposed to do about that.

There was time to go deep on at least a few plays though. Burrow hit Chase for 42 on one, and missed him wide open on another. And Tee had a deep ball go right off his fingertips. If it was there 3 times, I’m sure it was there at least a handful of other times. Gotta take more shots.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There was time to go deep on at least a few plays though. Burrow hit Chase for 42 on one, and missed him wide open on another. And Tee had a deep ball go right off his fingertips. If it was there 3 times, I’m sure it was there at least a handful of other times. Gotta take more shots.

Oh, trust me, I've already said I did not like yesterdays play calling, but I kind of understand it. The run was not really effective, but they stayed with it. Khalil Mack and Robert Quinn are going to dictate you can't have a lot of time for longer plays to develop. I want to see more shots downfield as well, but I also don't want to see Burrow limping off the field again.
Reply/Quote

One thing to.the inept playcalling by ZT...if that front 4 is making serious tracks then one way to.slow that up
Are draw plays and wrap around draw plays to.the RB.
The Colts.did that with James and Addai
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:57 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I agree 100% with what they said, and tbh I'm glad they said it.

But...it does give the appearance of Zac losing the locker room. Already.

I thought max protect was double TEs (and 2 RBs) all blocking?

That would definitely remove weapons.

That said, the type of protect you mention would certainly help, although it'd also hinder in some ways, and we'd be way predictable if we kept that up all season.

Oh come on....Zac isnt losing the locker room....All the guys love him.  I mean you heard them support him in the offseason  Sarcasm

I mean that's what posters on here said too....his own guys aren't throwing him under the bus....That was only Dunlap and he needed to go because he didn't want to be here...blah blah blah....SMDH
Reply/Quote
I really don't see a player reflecting on what they should have done after a loss as throwing the coach under the bus. Talk about reaching....
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:04 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Good to hear. We need to hold people accountable.

Goofy ZT SHOULD not be calling plays and should be fired.He gave this game to them and he alone is the blame Joe Burrow--9 sacks ALREADY.
Reply/Quote

MAJOR problem,the O-line or lack of.THIS line was never really addressed in the draft.The second pick was JACKSON and he has yet to see the field and I believe he should replace number 73,the dude got beat all game and against the vikes also. BURROW,9 SACKS AND THE STOOLERS WILL GET THEIR 5-6 AND burrow will leave the game with an injury.THIS  line has not improved at all.I am telling all of ya,I see maybe 5 wins,I hope ZT IS GONE. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:52 AM)Whatever Wrote: Does it really do any good to keep a RB in to block when he can't handle his blocking assignments?  

Yeah, the backs have stunk so far in pass pro. Mixon and Perine have 2 of the bottom 3 pass pro grades on the team right now.

You combine backs that can't pick up rushers and TE's that are missing assignments, with an o-line that is still very inconsistent...you've got protection issues across the board. Add in that Burrow still holds on the ball far too long at times...there's just a lot that has to be worked on and corrected going forward.
Reply/Quote
Is Chris Evans just a piss-poor blocker? Why isn't he getting a shot?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:11 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Oh come on....Zac isnt losing the locker room....All the guys love him.  I mean you heard them support him in the offseason  Sarcasm

I mean that's what posters on here said too....his own guys aren't throwing him under the bus....That was only Dunlap and he needed to go because he didn't want to be here...blah blah blah....SMDH

hey those 2 TDs in trash time....  Thats Moral victory # 23 for Zac and crew...
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hey those 2 TDs in trash time....  Thats Moral victory # 23 for Zac and crew...

Idk if you can really consider it garbage time. They were a Hendrickson tackle away from getting the ball back down by only 3.

Reply/Quote
Small hands will stop him from being able to give the threatening Big Ben pump fake, but all he really needs is a quick shoulder twitch for the same effect. It's never been big in the offense. Dalton used to have a good one in his early years. But nothing that was a big part of the offense (double moves).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hey those 2 TDs in trash time....  Thats Moral victory # 23 for Zac and crew...

Yea I'm sure Chicago was playing prevent.  We got down 20-3, i went to a local brewery and listened to some tunes and had a couple drinks. 

I had better things to do with my time than sit there and watch an inept offensive plan. 
Reply/Quote