Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(07-29-2021, 06:38 PM)Synric Wrote: It's the second day of practice they dont even have pads on yet.... There is no depth chart.

^^^^ This.

All you Chicken Littles are over reacting as usual.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Man Bengal fans are still super fickle over the first 2 rounds of the draft.

Ja’Marr Chase looking good?
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 11:02 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Man Bengal fans are still super fickle over the first 2 rounds of the draft.

Ja’Marr Chase looking good?

Chase has been looking good...I guess if he's at the bottom of the depth chart we'll have a better idea of how the Carman thing really looks?  Ehh, maybe not.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 10:36 PM)Stewy Wrote: ^^^^ This.

All you Chicken Littles are over reacting as usual.

Stewy, we finally agree on something!!!
Reply/Quote
Maybe if Jamarr starts running with the third team and Carman starts running with the first team, I'd shrug it off.

Could happen......nah.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Hey but we got Ja’Marr chase right guys Hahahah I already knew this was coming though so I’m long over this news
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 11:56 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Stewy, we finally agree on something!!!

Miracles can happen!  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 12:01 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Maybe if Jamarr starts running with the third team and Carman starts running with the first team, I'd shrug it off.

Could happen......nah.

If this is something that causes you any grief, pain or anxiety then you must lead a charmed and happy life....or have no life.  One side of the coin or the other.
Reply/Quote
I'd be more concerned if Carman is low on the depth chart in the middle of the season. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
It is way too early to pencil in our starters at guard, but at same time we have heard praise of other rookies over the summer and not much about Carman and if he does not start 1st game i would say that is unexpected by what most were predicting when he was drafted
Reply/Quote
This post is funny. Counting a W day 2 of camp.

This is normal, I guess Carman haters been waiting for depth chart news soon as it drops. That's a shame.
Reply/Quote
If Carman was named starter already I would be skeptical.

Yet a rookie in the 2nd day of camp should be put in check by NFL veterans who know the system already.

Heck he should be carrying the vets luggage and polishing cleats right before being required to sing his college alma mater fight song in dining hall for team entertainment.

All while a vet scrapes mashed potatoes and gravy in his chair that he is about to sit back down into for s#!+s and giggles at this point like in Brians Song.

Sorry but not going to read too deeply into this premature evaluation of a rookie. .

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Jeeze everybody knows padless non contact spring practices is when OL really have a chance to shine and show what type of player they really are. Seeing as how the rookie didn’t jump the entrenched veterans who have been on the team by the time the head coach is forced to provide a depth chart in the early days of training camp shows everything we need to know… sad
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 06:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: Looks like those Jackson fans who said he was going to be a big upgrade this year got hit with a dose of reality. Articles I read said he has alot of work ahead of him transitioning to NFL guard.

So this was the answer to the offensive line issues this offseason in draft huh?

Did you post this on purpose, or were you drunk? Carmen is transitioning from college to the NFL, where he has to learn a brand new system, new playbook, new coaches, get to the point it is instinct instead of trying to remember while you're playing, and then take a starting gig from one of two veteran players who have been doing it for years and don't want to lose their jobs, and you're upset he is at the bottom of the depth chart on day 2?  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I get the old school thought of rookies sitting behind vets, but one thing we praised Zac for was starting rookies and not playing the Marvin game of having his veteran favorites. I think rather people like it or not it's notable that he has started back on the depth chart. It'll be something to watch if he hasn't moved up in a couple weeks (I think he will).

It's not like Chase wasn't inserted as a starter. Sure he was the 1st pick, but Carman was the 2nd, and that is high enough to insert right away given the "need" to improve the line.

I don't think there should be a rotation at Guard throughout camp. I wish they'd insert him in and let the starting line settle and gain cohesiveness. But you have to hope they are making the right decision.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Y’all desperate to make sense of this but it’s pretty easy. Bengals can’t draft oline man to save their lives
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 06:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: Looks like those Jackson fans who said he was going to be a big upgrade this year got hit with a dose of reality. Articles I read said he has alot of work ahead of him transitioning to NFL guard.

So this was the answer to the offensive line issues this offseason in draft huh?

You mind posting these articles that said he has a lot of work to do to be an NFL guard? Genuinely curious to read these. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 08:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: Was on the Athletic with Paul Dehner Jr.

Heres a part of article

"But Wednesday came with a dose of humility for Jackson Carman, who ran well behind the starters and next to recent camp body acquisition Gunnar Vogel as he found a steep climb to earn respect and a potential spot on the line for the opener against Minnesota.

This much was clear: Carman has a month of proving to do if he wants any piece of veterans Xavier Su’a-Filo and Quinton Spain, who have a combined 132 NFL starts under their belt. That 132 sure looks like a tough number to overcome."

You're basing him not being "NFL ready" off of this little blurb?  Hilarious
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 09:52 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Y’all desperate to make sense of this but it’s pretty easy. Bengals can’t draft oline man to save their lives

Yet here you are crying about not using a top 5 pick on one. By your logic wouldn’t Sewell have sucked if we took him?

Reply/Quote
Nobody wants to shit on Jackson Carman. We’d all love for him to step up and help bolster this putrid o-line.

But I will gladly remind people that he was an absolute reach in the 2nd round, and being optimistic about Carman for 2021 is a tiny bit overboard.

In all likely hood, this rookie will not be the missing piece to this o-line.

He’ll most likely struggle, and it will get really ugly at times
Reply/Quote