Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(07-30-2021, 12:01 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Maybe if Jamarr starts running with the third team and Carman starts running with the first team, I'd shrug it off.

Could happen......nah.

Yeah, right, exactly same situation.

#1 over all pick with no starter in front of him.

#38 pick with two guys in front of him who have over 100 combined starts.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 10:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, right, exactly same situation.

Couple clarifications:

Trevor Lawrence was the #1OA. Chase went 5th. And Carman was taken at 46 after we traded back. Not 38.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 10:28 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Nobody wants to shit on Jackson Carman. We’d all love for him to step up and help bolster this putrid o-line.

But I will gladly remind people that he was an absolute reach in the 2nd round, and being optimistic about Carman for 2021 is a tiny bit overboard.

In all likely hood, this rookie will not be the missing piece to this o-line.

He’ll most likely struggle, and it will get really ugly at times

Just stop, you're back tracking now..
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 10:28 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: But I will gladly remind people that he was an absolute reach in the 2nd round, 

From everything I saw that is exactly where he was predicted to go.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 11:28 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Just stop, you're back tracking now..

You’re right.

I want the team to suck and Carman to bust. Wait a minute.... I didn’t mean it like that
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 11:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: From everything I saw that is exactly where he was predicted to go.

That's what I thought as well....
Reply/Quote
This really shouldn't be a surprise. It's incredibly early and he has vets ahead of him who have experience with the playbook and he's changing positions. There will be a learning curve and he needs time to acclimate. Lets see how it goes before already trying to say he's not good or a bust. It would have been strange to pencil him as the starter right off the bat.

Honestly even if he is first off the bench behind XSF and Spain that's not a horrible thing. I think we all want him to shine and start day 1. If he doesn't, I wouldn't consider that some huge setback. I'm happy as long as he works his way to being ahead of Michael Jordan on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
nothing burger
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 06:38 PM)Synric Wrote: It's the second day of practice they dont even have pads on yet.... There is no depth chart.

No shit. Come on GF. Depth charts don't mean anything this time of year and we all know it. Whatever

Carman will be the starting RG come opening day.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 12:19 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: nothing burger

Man, I like my burgers with SOMETHING on them... Whatever

This one is made out of soy or somethin'. Mellow

Maybe rat.
Reply/Quote

Well, they brought Carman in to take one of those guys's job.  I know it's early, but if he's still running with the 3's in a week or so, wouldn't you think that's significant?  

I just hope our 2nd rounder doesn't turn into a project pick.  I wish they would've played it safer and upgraded at least one guard spot in FA so we don't have to put so much trust in a rookie switching positions to help keep Burrow from getting injured again.  I mean, who here honestly feels even remotely good about our OL?  

Frankly, I'm not big on Spain or XSF, but they'd make nice depth players.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 11:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's what I thought as well....

Correct. Carman was projected as a late 2nd to early 3rd rounder, IIRC.
While he was considered a good OT in college, his mauling nature, big size, and limitations with handling speed rushers outside made many believe he was a better fit at OG, but given he hadn't really played much OG before, people knew there'd be a learning curve for him to transition there.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 12:58 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Well, they brought Carman in to take one of those guys's job.  I know it's early, but if he's still running with the 3's in a week or so, wouldn't you think that's significant?  

I just hope our 2nd rounder doesn't turn into a project pick.  I wish they would've played it safer and upgraded at least one guard spot in FA so we don't have to put so much trust in a rookie switching positions to help keep Burrow from getting injured again.  I mean, who here honestly feels even remotely good about our OL?  

Frankly, I'm not big on Spain or XSF, but they'd make nice depth players.

I'd actually be ok with Spain and XFS in at guards. When they both got healthy and played at the same time last year, the oline was much better. It's what is behind them on the chart that concerns me.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 01:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: When they both got healthy and played at the same time last year, the oline was much better.

Remind me

What weeks were those?
Reply/Quote
Little early to make assumptions out who's where or how they'll perform in game situations.

Let's be patient.

Remember when a lot people thought price was a stud and he doing and saying all the right things?

Remember chatter about how great Ross looked?

I'm going to reserve judgement till I see withy own eyes.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 06:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: Looks like those Jackson fans who said he was going to be a big upgrade this year got hit with a dose of reality. Articles I read said he has alot of work ahead of him transitioning to NFL guard.

So this was the answer to the offensive line issues this offseason in draft huh?

You have got to be kidding me... You ever think they want him to work hard for it, instead of just handing it over? You might want to check up on your lord and saviour Sewell.. Word is he isn't doing to well himself. 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 09:52 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Y’all desperate to make sense of this but it’s pretty easy.  Bengals can’t draft oline man to save their lives

Right.. Cuz they drafted the best LT ever in Munoz.. Then you got guys like.. Big Willie, Whitworth, Steinbach,  Montoya,  Levi Jones, Richie Brahm.. I could go on and on....
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 02:02 PM)Tony Wrote: Right.. Cuz they drafted the best LT ever in Munoz.. Then you got guys like.. Big Willie, Whitworth, Steinbach,  Montoya,  Levi Jones, Richie Brahm.. I could go on and on....

Nice examples from decades ago lol
Reply/Quote

Fred spitting the stats... I don't get why people root against a player on your team? Why would you want anyone to fail on your favorite team? Also I'd like to add that Jamaar is not changing positions either... That's a other huge difference here... 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 02:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Nice examples from decades ago lol

They still drafted them... Andre Smith was serviceable too, Zeigler was good too..You can't always land diamonds. No team hits on every Olineman they pick. This is just you wanting to be as negative as possible.  Why don't you go follow another team?
Reply/Quote