Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(08-08-2021, 06:01 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Don't forget that he's really just a rookie head coach because of a million reasons and it would be unfair (violins playing in the background) to let him go without giving him a real chance to be a decent HC.  Cry

This is Zacs team now and the owner said it with conviction. So lets not start this narrative. Its Zacs TEAM.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 05:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think this is BS. For one, I don't see Carman as a guy with massive hidden upside...at least not compared to similar prospects. Also - and this is the main thing - the most value is with a guy who can protect our franchise player (and his surgically repaired knee) right now.

Wow, sounds like we don't have a LT or a RT now...

Jonah Williams and Riley Reiff do not exist. Yawn
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 08:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, sounds like we don't have a LT or a RT now...

Jonah Williams and Riley Reiff do not exist. Yawn

This gets a bit boring. Carman is learning a new position and the coaches have said he is starting to get it. But many of the same bunch who were loudly advocating to draft Sewell just have to talk down Carman for some reason. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 08:15 PM)Joelist Wrote: This gets a bit boring. Carman is learning a new position and the coaches have said he is starting to get it. But many of the same bunch who were loudly advocating to draft Sewell just have to talk down Carman for some reason. 

I know. Love Shake and these guys but it is getting really old.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 05:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: O-line isn’t important when you have 3 studs at wide receiver

Ninja

Or at least that’s what a percentage of posters here actually believe

I'm unsure where "here" is for you, but it damn sure ain't this forum. 

I've never seen as many folks hating a draft pick before snap 1 than I have in this forum.

I would have preferred Sewell over Chase; hell I would have preferred 2-3 players over Chase; but Chase is who we got. Why not wait to see how it plays out?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm unsure where "here" is for you, but it damn sure ain't this forum. 

I've never seen as many folks hating a draft pick before snap 1 than I have in this forum.

I would have preferred Sewell over Chase; hell I would have preferred 2-3 players over Chase; but Chase is who we got. Why not wait to see how it plays out?

Relax, pal

I said “a percentage” which doesn’t mean everyone.

To be frank, most of the people who were adamant for Chase over Sewell haven’t really been on the boards since the draft. Except for that Nicomo poster.

The people who wanted Sewell are the ones still on here posting every day, while the “burrow needs weapons more than an o-line” crowd just up and vanished

Which says something
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 06:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except history has proven that the best teams develope players they draft instead of trying to address every need with veteran free agents.

How’s that been working out for the Bengals the past 5 years?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 10:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Relax, pal

To be frank, most of the people who were adamant for Chase over Sewell haven’t really been on the boards since the draft. Except for that Nicomo poster.

The people who wanted Sewell are the ones still on here posting every day, while the “burrow needs weapons more than an o-line” crowd just up and vanished

Which says something

So you meant a very small percentage...fair enough
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
https://theathletic.com/2759486/2021/08/08/bengals-training-camp-new-face-enters-mix-at-guard-and-what-joe-burrow-did-on-third-down-turned-heads/

"The search for their Week 1 starting guards took an unexpected turn this weekend with Bengals rookie fourth-round tackle D’Ante Smith getting first-team reps at the position Saturday and Sunday due to the continued struggles of second-round pick Jackson Carman and Michael Jordan’s ongoing inconsistency issues."

"And third, and probably most significantly, Carman simply hasn’t answered the bell the way the coaches had expected. Taking a look at Smith at guard doesn’t mean they don’t think Carman can eventually win the job, whether it be Sept. 12 or sometime later in the season, it might just be another way they are trying to light a fire under their second-round pick."

Report after Sunday's practice.  Not what you want to hear bout the second round pick, let's hope Smith steps up and surprises everyone with the opportunity.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 10:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Relax, pal

Which says something

Last time I noticed we got OL help in Reiff, Carman, D,Ante Smith and Trey Hill...

You take BPA, it is the way you draft for your needs and we needed a dude to replace AJ Green who was a shadow last year.
Reply/Quote
Carman's playing RG, he hasn't seen a second at LG all of TC; it's been Spain, Jordan, X-man and now Smith.

The media is blowing this completely out of proportion and I agree with Pup Jo on Twitter, in that:

https://twitter.com/PupJo3/status/1423973659371266051

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just shut up and let the guys play/compete. We know nothing of what the team is doing/scheming/experimenting with; seeing isn't believing. 
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 10:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: https://theathletic.com/2759486/2021/08/08/bengals-training-camp-new-face-enters-mix-at-guard-and-what-joe-burrow-did-on-third-down-turned-heads/

"The search for their Week 1 starting guards took an unexpected turn this weekend with Bengals rookie fourth-round tackle D’Ante Smith getting first-team reps at the position Saturday and Sunday due to the continued struggles of second-round pick Jackson Carman and Michael Jordan’s ongoing inconsistency issues."

"And third, and probably most significantly, Carman simply hasn’t answered the bell the way the coaches had expected. Taking a look at Smith at guard doesn’t mean they don’t think Carman can eventually win the job, whether it be Sept. 12 or sometime later in the season, it might just be another way they are trying to light a fire under their second-round pick."

Report after Sunday's practice.  Not what you want to hear bout the second round pick, let's hope Smith steps up and surprises everyone with the opportunity.

Saw this earlier, it is alright GF. Carman is getting some hard treatment from Pollack. It is all good bro.

All we want is the best 5 to start correct? Or do we want to cry about Draft picks that don't take over immediately?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 11:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Carman's playing RG, he hasn't seen a second at LG all of TC; it's been Spain, Jordan, X-man and now Smith.

The media is blowing this completely out of proportion and I agree with Pup Jo on Twitter, in that:

https://twitter.com/PupJo3/status/1423973659371266051

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Truth, it is installation time.

Just shut up and let the guys play/compete. We know nothing of what the team is doing/scheming/experimenting with; seeing isn't believing. 

Truth it is installation time.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 11:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Last time I noticed we got OL help in Reiff, Carman, D,Ante Smith and Trey Hill...

You take BPA, it is the way you draft for your needs and we needed a dude to replace AJ Green who was a shadow last year.

We didn’t need to replace Green. That’s what the Tee Higgins pick was about. I hate this stupid narrative that you fell into.

Delusion land

Unfortunately the bengals were so crap on the o-line that they had to grab best lineman available. Chase was such an unnecessary pick.

We don’t need to have 3 1000 yard type receivers

Such an insane narrative. No team should be throwing the ball that many times a game.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 11:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Saw this earlier, it is alright GF. Carman is getting some hard treatment from Pollack. It is all good bro.

All we want is the best 5 to start correct? Or do we want to cry about Draft picks that don't take over immediately?

We want our franchise QB protected and not knocked around like a piñata, cause that was last year all year until the major injury. The Bengals had all offseason too address this in FA and draft, and believe me if Burrow goes down again you'll see alot of crying from every Bengal fan!
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 11:16 PM)GodFather Wrote: We want our franchise QB protected and not knocked around like a piñata, cause that was last year all year until the major injury. The Bengals had all offseason too address this in FA and draft, and believe me if Burrow goes down again you'll see alot of crying from every Bengal fan!

Nate doesn’t get it

His mind is not on this planet

He said XSF isn’t a cast off because he was a 2nd round pick...

See how bizarre that is?

That must mean he thinks John Ross isn’t a cast off either
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 10:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Relax, pal

Which says something

Yeah, that the cry babies are always the loudest…

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 11:16 PM)GodFather Wrote: We want our franchise QB protected and not knocked around like a piñata, cause that was last year all year until the major injury. The Bengals had all offseason too address this in FA and draft, and believe me if Burrow goes down again you'll see alot of crying from every Bengal fan!

Hell... They're crying bright now because because Burrow had a bad practice or whatever all of this is about lately. If every team's starting QB goes down for the year, they're in trouble.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 11:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: We didn’t need to replace Green. That’s what the Tee Higgins pick was about. I hate this stupid narrative that you fell into.

Delusion land

Unfortunately the bengals were so crap on the o-line that they had to grab best lineman available. Chase was such an unnecessary pick.

We don’t need to have 3 1000 yard type receivers

Such an insane narrative. No team should be throwing the ball that many times a game.

Hmm, Burrow was forcing passes to a tired AJ Green all year last year. He is done.

Chase was not an unnecessary pick, we had no weapons after Boyd, Tee and Mixon.

We need our OL to play decent with a decent OL coach which we got in Frank Pollack.

The insanity is thinking that Zac Taylor should stick around if we cannot start winning games. You rule that insanity Frank. Mellow

For sure, the thing is Reiff is a good addition. Same with the players I mention earlier that all the negs won't even speak about.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 11:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hmm, Burrow was forcing  passes to a tired AJ Green all year last year. He is done.

Chase was not an unnecessary pick, we had no weapons after Boyd, Tee and Mixon.

We need our OL to play decent with a decent OL coach which we got in Frank Pollack.

The insanity is thinking that Zac Taylor should stick around if we cannot start winning games. You rule that insanity Frank. Mellow

We needed another weapon, yes. We didn’t need an elite top 5 pick. All we needed was a Sanu type.

What we REALLY needed was an elite o-lineman through free agency, or the best o-lineman in the draft. You’re one of these guys who thinks Boyd and Higgins aren’t good enough as a 1-2 when paired with a good o-line, and Burrow slinging the ball. Which is insane. But I get it, you’re insane.

It’s a little sad that you keep referencing something I never said. Like you think I want to keep zac Taylor around..

If that is your only counter argument, I’m just going to ignore you. Because it’s actually sad. And it gives me a headache
Reply/Quote