Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Wright - Released - Burfict to PuP - a few other moves
James Wright being released is shocking. Maybe his concussions are a series issue.
Kid looked good. Surprised they didn't keep him around for a camp body.

it was from Bleacher Report who is quoting tweets.

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr
#Bengals have released James Wright as waived/injured. If clears waivers will revert to IR list.

So I was right. They are trying to IR him.

PuP
Burfict
Hunt
Sean Porter

Active / Non Football Injury
Ogbuehi
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
Lqhybrid25
" James Wright being released is shocking. Maybe his concussions are a series issue.

Getting the list of the other 4 players and the source right now.

#Bengals have released James Wright as waived/injured. If clears waivers will revert to IR list.

So I was right. They are trying to IR him. Still trying to figure out the other 4 players the alert spoke of"

....It has nothing to do with a concussion it was his knee he had surgery on. The other 4 weren't released they were put on PUP or NFI. This thread is all sorts of wrong.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 04:19 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: James Wright being released is shocking. Maybe his concussions are a series issue.

Getting the list of the other 4 players and the source right now.

So I was right. They are trying to IR him. Still trying to figure out the other 4 players the alert spoke of

Wow.  Didn't know he had concussion issue.  Thought he hurt a leg.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 04:19 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: James Wright being released is shocking. Maybe his concussions are a series issue.

So I was right. They are trying to IR him.

PuP
Burfict
Hunt
Sean Porter

Active / Non Football Injury
Ogbuehi

Might be time to call Reggie.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
And this is how Tate ends up on the roster!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Looks like Wright is done for the year.

Per Hobson...

The Bengals are dealing with their first adversity of the 2015 season after they announced Tuesday they had waived injured wide receiver James Wright and have lost him for the rest of the season.

Wright, who had been penciled in as the No. 4 wide receiver and key special teams contributor, would revert to the Bengals’ injured reserve list if he clears waivers. Indications are Wright is facing season-ending knee surgery in the wake of tearing his PCL late last season.

Reply/Quote
Really liked what I saw from Wright last season, so this sucks, especially seeing as the depth behind our starting 3 looks shaky.

Reply/Quote
We are in def need of receiving help. Shouldn't have double dipped in the draft at OT. Hopefully the big 3 stay healthy and produce to their potential.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think we will sign a camp casualty probably a guy who is older and has a cheaper younger replacement. I could also see Reggie Wayne mainly because at this point he is relativity cheap.
Reply/Quote
Let's not skip over this Burfict thing. Was it the plan all along or a setback?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Porter seems destined to never play and Hunt is too close to 30 to afford losing entire seasons. The chances we ever see anything out of him keep getting slimmer.

Reply/Quote
Congrats to Brandon Tate on surviving again. :snark:
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Good thing Tate is back, otherwise folks may worry about the wr depth....
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I would of liked for us to pursue a legit WR in free agency. Denarius Moore is good, but it would of been nice to throw a legit #2 receiver in the mix. A guy like Jeremy Maclin would of made a huge difference here.

I wouldn't mind giving up a pick or too for a guy on the trading bloc. I don't if there is anybody unfortunately. Let's hope Marvin Jones can capture some of that 2013 magic or we could be in trouble at this position.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 04:58 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: I would of liked for us to pursue a legit WR in free agency. Denarius Moore is good, but it would of been nice to throw a legit #2 receiver in the mix. A guy like Jeremy Maclin would of made a huge difference here.

I wouldn't mind giving up a pick or too for a guy on the trading bloc. I don't if there is anybody unfortunately. Let's hope Marvin Jones can capture some of that 2013 magic or we could be in trouble at this position.

No way we would've gone after Maclin. That'd be a big/ridiculous contract for a #2 WR
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
In NFL news: PUP now stands for Porter Unable to Perform. It has also been rumored that Porter has been working out with former Bengal LB Keith Rivers to try to get ready for the upcoming season
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 05:02 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: No way we would've gone after Maclin. That'd be a big/ridiculous contract for a #2 WR

I don't believe it would of been impossible for the team. Granted, it'd make signing some of our own guys a little more difficult, but I think we can afford to make a few moves with where the team is at right now. We're not gonna be able to sign all of our guys anyway after this year and we need the depth.

Sanu, Jones, and Maclin would of made for an excellent trio behind AJ, and that game in Indy where we were playing with the skeleton crew would have seemed like a long time ago.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I am sure this is just the TC/pre-season PUP list...Not affecting the season..These guys can go to active roster players at anytime
Reply/Quote
D.Moore has been a huge disappointment, and will likely not make the team.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 04:51 PM)McC Wrote: Let's not skip over this Burfict thing.  Was it the plan all along or a setback?

Nothing to skip over it was plan all along. He can start practicing whenever he feels better.
Reply/Quote