Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Hearings
(06-09-2022, 11:17 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Two houses down I have a Let’s Go Brandon flag.  3 houses down the other way is a Trump 2020 flag.  The owner drive a red S10 with Don’t Blame Me, I voted for Trump painted on the tailgate.  There’s a **** Your Feelings flag on the edge of town.  This is just in this little small town.  This crazy mindset is all over.  There’s multiple flags up and down the interstate.

There is a woman from literally two towns over who was shown on Kimmel or Colbert I cant recall which for leaving her 5 or so kids home unattended while she went to storm the Capitol.

Trumpism has hit small town white folks hard.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 11:02 PM)jmccracky Wrote: I was trying to be funny. Accidentally took an extra edible gummie I take before bed for sleep. My jokes may fall flat tonight. Execution was terrible on my part. Lol

Hey if it zipped right over my head that’s on me. Enjoy the gummie and throw on Once Upon A Time In Hollywood or some such shit while you’re at it. Screw all this LOL
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 11:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There is a woman from literally two towns over who was shown on Kimmel or Colbert I cant recall which for leaving her 5 or so kids home unattended while she went to storm the Capitol.

Trumpism has hit small town white folks hard.  

Sounds like late night “comedy” is in about as good of a place as she’s in.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 12:05 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Sounds like late night “comedy” is in about as good of a place as she’s in.

Meh i like seeing these dumbasses get hung out to dry by their orange messiah and im not tuning into the real news stations. 
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 12:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh i like seeing these dumbasses get hung out to dry by their orange messiah and im not tuning into the real news stations. 

Sounds like you’ve got a front row seat for that where you live without having to watch Kimmel’s nightly cry and selling of his comedic soul.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 12:22 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Sounds like you’ve got a front row seat for that where you live without having to watch Kimmel’s nightly cry and selling of his comedic soul.

Im not really up to speed on what you're getting at on the Kimmel thing. 
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 12:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Im not really up to speed on what you're getting at on the Kimmel thing. 

He cries a lot (he’s the Dick Vermeil of comedians) and used to be very funny.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 10:09 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The idea is to paint any and all conservatives as the same type of people as those ***** morons at all cost.

Mostly just the conservatives who are downplaying and/or defending those ***** morons and the ones who motivated and propagandized them to be ***** morons.
Reply/Quote
Glenn Kirschner's theory as to why there isn't an active widespread investigation of Jan 6 by the DOJ

Under the Jan 6 commission, people can openly testify in public . . . if there was a DOJ investigation, they'd be restricted from revealing information about an ongoing investigation and less likely to publicly testify.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 10:37 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: All I can say is…yikes. I live in the country in a conservative area and really just don’t see it so I’m surprised to hear that.

Well that's just it isn't it? Typically speaking, the folks living out there are all conservative and thus don't have to 'OwN tHe LiBtArD nEiGhBoRs' by waving their Let's go Brandon flags around. They're already surrounded by like minded individuals.

As opposed to where I live where it's a deep shade of blue for 20 miles in any direction.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 07:55 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Well that's just it isn't it? Typically speaking, the folks living out there are all conservative and thus don't have to 'OwN tHe LiBtArD nEiGhBoRs' by waving their Let's go Brandon flags around. They're already surrounded by like minded individuals.

As opposed to where I live where it's a deep shade of blue for 20 miles in any direction.

I don't know. Where Nate is it's pretty much solidly Republican these days. Now, the difference may be that they are the disillusioned type that used to vote Democrat due to unions in the coal mines and steel mills but feel abandoned by the Democratic party and have also ate up the propaganda from the GOP to have changed course.

Fayette and Westmoreland Counties, which is my family's stomping ground, is 60-70% Republican in almost every election these days. You see these sorts of things everywhere.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 07:55 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Well that's just it isn't it? Typically speaking, the folks living out there are all conservative and thus don't have to 'OwN tHe LiBtArD nEiGhBoRs' by waving their Let's go Brandon flags around. They're already surrounded by like minded individuals.

I think it's more like showing you are part of a group. Homes and businesses around here have Trump stuff up. It is sort of like wearing stuff of the local sports team.  Actually I see way more MAGA apparel than Steelers or Browns stuff here. 

My road is my house with no outwards signs of affiliation, Mennonites with no sign of it, and homes with some combination of Trump stuff, anti biden stuff, and Confederate flags. 
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 08:45 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know. Where Nate is it's pretty much solidly Republican these days. Now, the difference may be that they are the disillusioned type that used to vote Democrat due to unions in the coal mines and steel mills but feel abandoned by the Democratic party and have also ate up the propaganda from the GOP to have changed course.

Fayette and Westmoreland Counties, which is my family's stomping ground, is 60-70% Republican in almost every election these days. You see these sorts of things everywhere.

I'm in the northwest of PA now. I live on a genuine dirt road. 

The less Trump loving or conspiracy loving Republicans I've talked to still echo the reagan era talking points.

Most Republicans I've encountered in PA say they are former democrats who changed because democrats want to take guns and make them work to support lazy people.  

Now I hear some of that and some of the crazy stuff. 
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 08:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm in the northwest of PA now. I live on a genuine dirt road. 

The less Trump loving or conspiracy loving Republicans I've talked to still echo the reagan era talking points.

Most Republicans I've encountered in PA say they are former democrats who changed because democrats want to take guns and make them work to support lazy people.  

Now I hear some of that and some of the crazy stuff. 

I knew you were in NW PA, I just didn't make it clear that there were separate thoughts, there, on where you are and Fayette/Westmoreland. It's pretty much the same in SW PA for Republicans, though, except you also throw in the abortion issue. Reagan is where it really started because it coincided with the closures of the mines and mills, then NAFTA really turned them.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 11:17 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Two houses down I have a Let’s Go Brandon flag. 3 houses down the other way is a Trump 2020 flag. The owner drive a red S10 with Don’t Blame Me, I voted for Trump painted on the tailgate. There’s a **** Your Feelings flag on the edge of town. This is just in this little small town. This crazy mindset is all over. There’s multiple flags up and down the interstate.

I don’t think any of those examples are crazy except the use of profanity.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 08:50 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think it's more like showing you are part of a group. Homes and businesses around here have Trump stuff up. It is sort of like wearing stuff of the local sports team.  Actually I see way more MAGA apparel than Steelers or Browns stuff here. 

My road is my house with no outwards signs of affiliation, Mennonites with no sign of it, and homes with some combination of Trump stuff, anti biden stuff, and Confederate flags. 

So Trump did do some good.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 09:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t think any of those examples are crazy except the use of profanity.

It isn't so much crazy as it shows that sort of rooting for the team mindset. I know people who parrot the conspiracy talk but if I ask them to just let me in on it and why they believe it they sort of trail off.

It's like being at a sporting event in my mind. In person you're in this crowd with a bunch of people "on your side" and even though you know the call on the field was right you enjoy booing the umpire for making it because it went against your team. 

The Trump stuff has that same sort of "instant community" aspect bring a fan of a sports team or being a member of a religious group does. 

I lived in Chicago in 2011 and 2012 so I saw some Obama attire, but Trump really became the first merchandise president.  It's pretty novel seeing people outwardly express via sign or attire ect a political figure or opinion all year every year. 

I recall seeing don't blame me I voted for Bush bumper stickers in 1993 but I don't recall anyone leaving Bush/Quayle 92 signs up for years after.  Trump changed the game, for sure. 
Reply/Quote

Or, and hear me out, not all conservatives are flag waving raving Q-Anon lunatics, closeted or not.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 09:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It isn't so much crazy as it shows that sort of rooting for the team mindset. I know people who parrot the conspiracy talk but if I ask them to just let me in on it and why they believe it they sort of trail off.

It's like being at a sporting event in my mind. In person you're in this crowd with a bunch of people "on your side" and even though you know the call on the field was right you enjoy booing the umpire for making it because it went against your team. 

The Trump stuff has that same sort of "instant community" aspect bring a fan of a sports team or being a member of a religious group does. 

I lived in Chicago in 2011 and 2012 so I saw some Obama attire, but Trump really became the first merchandise president.  It's pretty novel seeing people outwardly express via sign or attire ect a political figure or opinion all year every year. 

I recall seeing don't blame me I voted for Bush bumper stickers in 1993 but I don't recall anyone leaving Bush/Quayle 92 signs up for years after.  Trump changed the game, for sure. 

Agreed. I'm in a very reliably blue state (CT) but both grew up and now live in red towns with the "I already have my money so f*** other people benefiting from my tax payments" type of conservative. The amount of signs, flags, billboards that remain up both from 2016 and 2020 is unlike anything I've ever seen around here before. 

Very religious-esque. 

Might even call it a cult Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 11:34 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Or, and hear me out, not all conservatives are flag waving raving Q-Anon lunatics, closeted or not.

I would say the people who were at the Capitol are pretty extreme, and of all those there, best I can tell is about 1% stormed the Capitol.  

Reply/Quote