Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Jay Glazer on Zac Taylor
(01-21-2019, 11:11 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Brady said the Pats installed 8 new plays on Sunday morning and did a walk through. 4 of the plays were run later Sunday. Old Merv could not even get over false starts on the first play of most games.

The level of coaching of the 4 teams we saw yesterday was outstanding, here's hoping our new staff can be like them.
The teams that played yesterday were definitely the four best teams--the coaching, the level of play, the QBs.  And I'm with you, that maybe we can dare to dream it can one day be us.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:30 PM)McC Wrote: The teams that played yesterday were definitely the four best teams--the coaching, the level of play, the QBs.  And I'm with you, that maybe we can dare to dream it can one day be us.

We will be great again. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 04:07 PM)Shady Wrote: I'm with you, Bonnie. How do we know that any of these "leaks" are legit? 

(01-20-2019, 08:12 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Plus we long time Bengal fans know to wait for the other shoe to drop.

(01-20-2019, 09:08 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: As of right now there has been no announcement. How do you know it isn’t Bienemy from the Chiefs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(01-20-2019, 09:10 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Agreed! Fake news anyone? It isn’t like the media doesn’t get stories wrong now do they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand the caution as we are all Bengal fans but this has been confirmed by mulitiple sources, not just one. Rappaport, Shefter etc. Zac Taylor will be the new HC after the Superbowl people. Like i said, i understand the caution but there must be a gentleman's agreement here. Del Rio is sounding like the DC.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 03:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I understand the caution as we are all Bengal fans but this has been confirmed by mulitiple sources, not just one. Rappaport, Shefter etc. Zac Taylor will be the new HC after the Superbowl people. Like i said, i understand the caution but there must be a gentleman's agreement here. Del Rio is sounding like the DC.

I guess it's safe to say it won't be Bieniemy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 03:09 PM)McC Wrote: I guess it's safe to say it won't be Bieniemy.

Yep, would be announced today if it was.
Reply/Quote

This picture is so simple, yet I feel it does speak a thousand words. Coach Taylor working CLOSELY with Mcvay in an all out effort to climb back into the game yesterday. I like it.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 03:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I understand the caution as we are all Bengal fans but this has been confirmed by mulitiple sources, not just one. Rappaport, Shefter etc. Zac Taylor will be the new HC after the Superbowl people. Like i said, i understand the caution but there must be a gentleman's agreement here. Del Rio is sounding like the DC.

I feel like I'm in a dream. How could the Bengals be making such smart hires? Taylor? Both Callahans? Del Rio? Stop teasing me! 

Next thing you know, we'll be having top free agents knocking down the door to play here.  
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 04:13 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:
This picture is so simple, yet I feel it does speak a thousand words. Coach Taylor working CLOSELY with Mcvay in an all out effort to climb back into the game yesterday. I like it.

Awesome.

(01-21-2019, 04:39 PM)Shady Wrote: I feel like I'm in a dream. How could the Bengals be making such smart hires? Taylor? Both Callahans? Del Rio? Stop teasing me! 

Next thing you know, we'll be having top free agents knocking down the door to play here.  

I know right? Cannot wait till we can get down to bidness and build a championship roster with innovative coaches.

We have suffered enough, time for a change round here.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 03:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would you say you're as excited, more excited, or less excited than when Marvin Lewis came to the Bengals in 2003?
Marvin was considered a pretty good coaching candidate and seemed a lot more driven and passionate back then compared to the Dalton era.

For me, I am more excited with the potential hire of Zac Taylor than I was with Marvin Lewis being hired.

After what Marvin Lewis has did and done bringing the Bengals from the bottom to being respectable, except for the last couple of years of course. The last couple of years showed that the game passed Marvin Lewis by and it was time for a new direction. Marvin Lewis can't do that.

I'm more excited to see what a new coach and direction can do with the players on the Bengals now and what this team will look like in two to five years.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote

I hope so.  I just keep waiting to hear that the Bengals have been punished for extending an offer too early even though other teams are not punished, or that it all fell through.  It's just my natural fear as a Bengal fan.  Probably nothing.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 10:22 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: For me, I am more excited with the potential hire of Zac Taylor than I was with Marvin Lewis being hired.

After what Marvin Lewis has did and done bringing the Bengals from the bottom to being respectable, except for the last couple of years of course. The last couple of years showed that the game passed Marvin Lewis by and it was time for a new direction. Marvin Lewis can't do that.

I'm more excited to see what a new coach and direction can do with the players on the Bengals now and what this team will look like in two to five years.

Does anyone else find it ironic that it was the Rams that fired Jeff Fisher (white Marvin Lewis) and took off after he was gone?  The guy that had Goff as a borderline 3rd starter, inactive on game day?  

Now we are taking one of their coaches to hopefully inject some creativity and enthusiasm in this boring team.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 04:39 PM)Shady Wrote: I feel like I'm in a dream. How could the Bengals be making such smart hires? Taylor? Both Callahans? Del Rio? Stop teasing me! 

Could it be...Katie and Troy are finally getting to take over and are making (what we believe to be) smarter decisions?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 08:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Does anyone else find it ironic that it was the Rams that fired Jeff Fisher (white Marvin Lewis) and took off after he was gone?  The guy that had Goff as a borderline 3rd starter, inactive on game day?  

Now we are taking one of their coaches to hopefully inject some creativity and enthusiasm in this boring team.

Coaching is huge part of the equation !

(01-22-2019, 10:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Could it be...Katie and Troy are finally getting to take over and are making (what we believe to be) smarter decisions?

It sure seems that way......finally
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 11:29 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I hope so.  I just keep waiting to hear that the Bengals have been punished for extending an offer too early even though other teams are not punished, or that it all fell through.  It's just my natural fear as a Bengal fan.  Probably nothing.

From my understanding, Zac Taylor is the "favorite" to land the job but wasn't technically given any offer. However, that could be the way the Bengals phrased it to avoid getting into trouble by the league.
If true, I wonder who the Bengals would attempt to pursue if for whatever reason Taylor decided to not accept.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 08:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Does anyone else find it ironic that it was the Rams that fired Jeff Fisher (white Marvin Lewis) and took off after he was gone?  The guy that had Goff as a borderline 3rd starter, inactive on game day?  

fisher was there to help move the franchise.
Reply/Quote

I get the sentiment, but we can't really say that.  Fisher won a NFCCG, and coached in a SB.  Mediocre Merv never even sniffed that.  Jim Mora is closer to being the white Merv, but even he won titles in the USFL.  Merv is pretty much in uncharted territory.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

People need to remember though that Fisher did draft a lot of good talent for the Rams. Like Marvin though, he didn't seem to be great at getting the most out of it, as we've seen with how much better that talent has performed once Fisher's crew left and McVay's came in.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 11:37 AM)ochocincos Wrote: From my understanding, Zac Taylor is the "favorite" to land the job but wasn't technically given any offer. However, that could be the way the Bengals phrased it to avoid getting into trouble by the league.
If true, I wonder who the Bengals would attempt to pursue if for whatever reason Taylor decided to not accept.

Probably Bienemy, in that case.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 11:37 AM)ochocincos Wrote: From my understanding, Zac Taylor is the "favorite" to land the job but wasn't technically given any offer. However, that could be the way the Bengals phrased it to avoid getting into trouble by the league.

(01-22-2019, 12:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: Probably Bienemy, in that case.

This would be crushing at this point. I’m fully on the Zac Taylor train and my emotions can not handle having to board a different train. So let’s leep chugging please.

Reply/Quote
I'd be very curious to see why a position coach would turn down the opportunity to jump straight to being a head coach in the NFL.

People can bag on the Bengals FO all they want, but Marvin managed to get to the playoffs seven times during his tenure. So despite whatever restrictions or pitfalls the Bengals may impose, Marvin proved that you can win here despite that.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote