Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Jay Glazer on Zac Taylor
(01-18-2019, 04:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Regarding the tweet, this move does show the difference between now and 2003, but it also proves that the HC's power didn't leave with Marvin, as some thought it would.

(01-18-2019, 04:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We heard that for years didn't we !

Yeah, lots thought that Marv would be the only coach that this FO and namely MB would put up with...

Atleast Marv's type, Taylor is the exact opposite of Marv. Commanding presence, innovative, offensive minded, great communicator and motivator etc. Not to say that Marv wasn't a bit of this when he first got here but he definately lost pretty much all of this in his time.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 04:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We heard that for years didn't we !

True.  I thought myself that Mike would never give a new coach much power.  But Mike is 83 or 84 years old and I think his kids are starting to get more input.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 10:46 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: True.  I thought myself that Mike would never give a new coach much power.  But Mike is 83 or 84 years old and I think his kids are starting to get more input.

If not all the input it seems. I am leaning the way that Mikey just signs off on stuff nowadays.

Great times, lets get a ring for him before he goes.
Reply/Quote
I won’t get disappointed or excited by any hire until I see the product on the field. I have seen this too many times with Brown family. This organization is not the easiest to deal with and I won’t be convinced otherwise until I see the draft , free agents, final roster, play on the field and of course wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 07:11 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I won’t get disappointed or excited by any hire until I see the product on the field. I have seen this too many times with Brown family.  This organization is not the easiest to deal with and I won’t be convinced otherwise until I see the draft , free agents, final roster, play on the field and of course wins

Actually, you have never seen this with the Brown family.  But carry on.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 07:53 PM)McC Wrote: Actually, you have never seen this with the Browns family.  But carry on.

Yeah, some Bengal fans just haven't been paying attention lately and still think the same things are going on.

There is a big difference. Katie, Troy, Paul and Duke are the ones running the show and it shows big time and has even been authenticated. We aren't making this shit up and just look at the moves. PA gone, now Marv and all the Marv stink gone.

Bringing in a young new innovative, offensive minded coach....
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 07:11 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I won’t get disappointed or excited by any hire until I see the product on the field. I have seen this too many times with Brown family.  This organization is not the easiest to deal with and I won’t be convinced otherwise until I see the draft , free agents, final roster, play on the field and of course wins

What are you talking about?  This is the first time that anyone has ever seen the Brown family pass the torch of leadership, without someone's passing involved.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 07:11 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I won’t get disappointed or excited by any hire until I see the product on the field. I have seen this too many times with Brown family. This organization is not the easiest to deal with and I won’t be convinced otherwise until I see the draft , free agents, final roster, play on the field and of course wins

WTF

I think I know what your talking about and that’s false hope. Staged only for the purpose of putting butts in the seats. Yet, this is the biggest change I’ve seen this organization make. So, I’m not going to let my negativity strike my hopes down in light of what could be a colossal moment for this team. The FO seems all-in on this.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 07:11 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I won’t get disappointed or excited by any hire until I see the product on the field. I have seen this too many times with Brown family. This organization is not the easiest to deal with and I won’t be convinced otherwise until I see the draft , free agents, final roster, play on the field and of course wins

I won’t be convinced of any coach hire until it actually happens.

Reply/Quote
C'mon New Orleans..... Daddy needs a new coach!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 06:52 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I won’t be convinced of any coach hire until it actually happens.

I'm with you, Bonnie. How do we know that any of these "leaks" are legit? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 04:07 PM)Shady Wrote: I'm with you, Bonnie. How do we know that any of these "leaks" are legit? 

Plus we long time Bengal fans know to wait for the other shoe to drop.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 08:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What are you talking about?  This is the first time that anyone has ever seen the Brown family pass the torch of leadership, without someone's passing involved.

As of right now there has been no announcement. How do you know it isn’t Bienemy from the Chiefs?

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 04:07 PM)Shady Wrote: I'm with you, Bonnie. How do we know that any of these "leaks" are legit? 

Agreed! Fake news anyone? It isn’t like the media doesn’t get stories wrong now do they?

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 06:31 PM)McC Wrote: ...We've had the talent but Marv couldn't conquer the mental game against them.

It's because Marv's from Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 11:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: C'mon New Orleans..... Daddy needs a new coach!!!

It is going to be the longest two weeks in the lifetime of some Bengal fans!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 08:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What are you talking about?  This is the first time that anyone has ever seen the Brown family pass the torch of leadership, without someone's passing involved.

Plus last offseason there were uncommon Bengals moves made as well. 

Got to believe someone else is calling shots now. 

If not Hue would have already been hired. 

Lovin' it !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

I will want to see more evidence of Mikey passing the torch. I don't really trust him to get out of the way.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 03:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would you say you're as excited, more excited, or less excited than when Marvin Lewis came to the Bengals in 2003?
Marvin was considered a pretty good coaching candidate and seemed a lot more driven and passionate back then compared to the Dalton era.

I (I know it wasn't me you asked  Hilarious) think I am much more excited to have ZT than I was for Marvin.  Although the franchise was in a vastly different place then and needed Marvin to bring them in to a more realistic place on talent evaluation and draft process, I never looked at Marv as much of an innovator.  His teams were just kind of blah.  They would have some exciting times when the talent was here for a while, but it would fade and never reach their potential.  

I look at ZT as more of an innovator.  Creative.  Different.  Cerebral.  Now, I don't want to get too far ahead of myself with him.  He hasn't proven anything here yet, but the thought of a creative, offensive mind with our talent could be very exciting.  

He has to nail the defensive coach, and many of the other assistants, but I am much more excited to have him than I was Marvin.
Reply/Quote
Brady said the Pats installed 8 new plays on Sunday morning and did a walk through. 4 of the plays were run later Sunday. Old Merv could not even get over false starts on the first play of most games.

The level of coaching of the 4 teams we saw yesterday was outstanding, here's hoping our new staff can be like them.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote