Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jelani Woods / CJ Uzomah
(03-16-2022, 09:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: This is a player I would draft early if I had too
Theres a old saying
You cant teach size.
6'7 is very hard to match up with
Rookie or not.
He would be lethal in red zone packages.
JB would not have to throw a perfect
Talk to get it to him.
He is the must have player I want the Bengals
To draft this year.

Did you intentionally write this as a poem or did it just come out that way?
Reply/Quote
Just saw we have been linked to a Grant Calcaterra. If his medical check out he could be a really nice day 3 option.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I could see us taking Woods at 63 now and would be more than fine with it.

I really hope we dont do this - combine warriors can come back to hurt you when drafted a couple rounds early. 

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 05:42 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I really hope we dont do this - combine warriors can come back to hurt you when drafted a couple rounds early. 

They sure can, if we do Draft Jelani that early I sure hope that isn't the case.

There have been a lot of great players that people incorrectly called workout warriors before they got Drafted.

Orakpo, DK Metcalf are a couple pretty recently that were pretty damn good...

But there are a lot more that end up sucking so it is a great point and an understandable concern.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 01:19 AM)Synric Wrote: After his pro day Jelani Woods just became the most athletic Tight End ever tested...

With a possible Injury to Jeremy Ruckert and Jalen Wydermyer's very poor pro day testing Jelani Woods could jump up draft boards.

Pretty wild. Oh well, he might not make it to our 2nd round pick now anyways after this.

Somebody before 63 will probably take a shot at the most athletic TE ever tested...
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 05:42 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I really hope we dont do this - combine warriors can come back to hurt you when drafted a couple rounds early. 

Woods will be long gone before the 4th you can bank on that.
Reply/Quote
Workout warriors to me = fools gold

Unless you have the skill and brains to match.... you can only workout so much to increase your talent at some point the benefits are slim at best.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 06:51 PM)pulses Wrote: Woods will be long gone before the 4th you can bank on that.

Multiple TE's in this draft that are close to the same tier group.  I don't see Woods going in the first 3 rounds, especially if only one is taken in the 2nd Round. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is taken in the 5th.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 07:00 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Workout warriors to me = fools gold

Unless you have the skill and brains to match.... you can only workout so much to increase your talent at some point the benefits are slim at best.

I don't see Woods as just a workout warrior.
He put up 44-598-8 this past season at Virginia after transferring.
He's faster than Pat Freiermuth straight-line and slightly lower agility.
Freiermuth was considered a complete TE and went 55th overall.

Actually, Freiermuth's rookie year is probably about what Woods would put up in his first or second year as a starter.
60-497-7

So if a team really did spend a 2nd on Woods, it wouldn't be out of this world.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 10:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't see Woods as just a workout warrior.

Actually, Freiermuth's rookie year is probably about what Woods would put up in his first or second year as a starter.
60-497-7

I really like Freiermuth it's a shame he's a Steeler..... if your comp is right I'm cool with it. 

I was just making a generalized statement on workout warriors. I'm just of the belief you either got it or you don't... big muscles don't get you that far.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 10:23 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I really like Freiermuth it's a shame he's a Steeler..... if your comp is right I'm cool with it. 

I was just making a generalized statement on workout warriors. I'm just of the belief you either got it or you don't... big muscles don't get you that far.

The comp isn't the most accurate, but I think they have some similarities.
Freiermuth was more NFL-ready and a better blocker, but Woods is similar size and athleticism to him but faster speed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think Zac and Brian might be looking
For a guy in.this draft that had some catch radius
And wingspan. You figure after Tee Higgins,
Every WR is around 6 ft tall on this roster.
If they draft Woods in the 2nd RD Im cool with
That. C'mon they drafted Sample in RD 2.
At least with Woods they can get a TE who actually
Create mismatches be a factor in the passing game
Reply/Quote
If Woods isn't there at 63, I would gladly take Kolar.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really? Didn't know that. Thats cool. Maybe we could use him on trick play once in awhile if we draft him.

Dunno, if someone on the Bengals offense is going to be throwing a football I would prefer it to be Burrow.

-Packers haven't had an offensive non-QB player throw the ball since 2017 when Cobb did it once while Rodgers was on the IR.
-Bucs had Fournette throw 1 pass in 2021 for an incompletion and that's the only time a non-QB threw while Brady was there.
-Patriots had Edelman threw 6 passes in his career as a Patriot with Tom Brady, but he actually spent his entire college career as a QB.
-Chiefs never had a non-QB throw with Mahomes as the starter until they had them throw 3 times in 2020 going 1-3 for 4 yards and an INT, not a surprise they didn't have a non-QB throw in 2021. Lol

You have a Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes/Burrow type QB, don't take the ball out of their hands. Burrow completed 70.4% of his passes for 8.9 yards per attempt. No HS QB is going to give you better odds for a successful passing play.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 11:20 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: If Woods isn't there at 63, I would gladly take Kolar.

Same here, always liked Kolar every time I watched him play.

(04-02-2022, 11:41 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dunno, if someone on the Bengals offense is going to be throwing a football I would prefer it to be Burrow.

-Packers haven't had an offensive non-QB player throw the ball since 2017 when Cobb did it once while Rodgers was on the IR.
-Bucs had Fournette throw 1 pass in 2021 for an incompletion and that's the only time a non-QB threw while Brady was there.
-Patriots had Edelman threw 6 passes in his career as a Patriot with Tom Brady, but he actually spent his entire college career as a QB.
-Chiefs never had a non-QB throw with Mahomes as the starter until they had them throw 3 times in 2020 going 1-3 for 4 yards and an INT, not a surprise they didn't have a non-QB throw in 2021. Lol

You have a Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes/Burrow type QB, don't take the ball out of their hands. Burrow completed 70.4% of his passes for 8.9 yards per attempt. No HS QB is going to give you better odds for a successful passing play.

Don't forget about when it works like say with Mixon in the Superbowl...
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 02:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't forget about when it works like say with Mixon in the Superbowl...

Pretty sure the Superbowl was also a prime example of what happens when you take the ball out of the hands of your best players.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 02:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pretty sure the Superbowl was also a prime example of what happens when you take the ball out of the hands of your best players.

Yes, but not on the Mixon TD pass.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 10:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't see Woods as just a workout warrior.

60-497-7

Most experts don't even have Woods as a Top 5 TE in what is a pretty weak class. His average prospect rating is 117 overall per NFLMDD's Consensus Big Board, which is only 8th best among TE's.  It would be a shock to see him go in the 2nd.  I personally think he's getting pumped up too high based on his traits and the Bengals need for a TE.  I would be fine taking him, but not before day 3 and certainly not in the 2nd.  

Keep in mind that while his numbers last year were good, he was 5th on the Cavaliers in receiving yards.  Are we really going to spend a 2nd round pick on the #5 receiving option for a 6-6 ACC school?  
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 08:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Multiple TE's in this draft that are close to the same tier group.  I don't see Woods going in the first 3 rounds, especially if only one is taken in the 2nd Round. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is taken in the 5th.

Woods is  absolutely a day 2 pick I've seen him in round 2 and 3 in several mocks recently.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2022, 06:03 PM)pulses Wrote: Woods is  absolutely a  day 2 pick I've seen him in round 2 and 3 in several mocks recently.

I dont see 2nd round in any way, he is a great athlete, but I think that would be a real reach.

I guess a team could take a flyer in the 3rd, maybe...., but I'll stick with 4th at the earliest.

If he's taken in Rd 2 I'll come back in 4 weeks and admit I was wrong. 

Reply/Quote