Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jelani Woods / CJ Uzomah
(04-21-2022, 08:20 PM)pulses Wrote: Best pass catching TE in this draft is Charlie Kolar hands down.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/02/02/5-sure-handed-te-prospects-ny-jets-2022-nfl-draft/

I agree, one of the best receiving TE, but is one of the worst blockers.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 09:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Woods has a RAS (relative athletic score) of 10.0, I believe, which makes him the most athletic TE in the draft since something like 1975.  He will likely be way overdrafted because of this.  His vertical and short shuttle are insane for a guy his size, and  he didn't have the greatest QB getting him the ball. 

My thoughts, no matter how enticing a red zone threat he may be, is that he is not a very natural catcher of the football and has a LOT of double-clutch catches that might be breakups in the NFL, or worse. 

He doesn't look fluid in his moves, either.  That being said he is EXTREMELY raw in terms of number of routes run in actual games, and targets.  

His athleticism will get him drafted early...like maybe even the 2nd round, but I wouldn't touch him before the 4th or maybe even 5th round.  Just my two cents.  

For some reason, he reminds me of David Njoku of the Browns.  Hyper athletic developmental TE coming out of college that should translate well to the NFL game.... still waiting.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 08:24 PM)Yogo Wrote: I agree, one of the best receiving TE, but is one of the worst blockers.

Well take Bellinger who can do both then.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 08:30 PM)pulses Wrote: Well take Bellinger who can do both then.

Ah, thanks. Passed on Bellinger cause I knew nothing about him. Sounds like a fit to me if he can run good routes, catch and block.

Check out my 2nd Mock in the Mock thread Pulses has at least one of your guys in it in McMillian and maybe a couple others...
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 08:27 PM)Yogo Wrote: For some reason, he reminds me of David Njoku of the Browns.  Hyper athletic developmental TE coming out of college that should translate well to the NFL game.... still waiting.

Njoku was able to get $10.9 mill franchise tag. Pretty good for someone who has only put up a best season of 639-4. That wouldn't even be Top 10 nowadays.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 09:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ah, thanks. Passed on Bellinger cause I knew nothing about him. Sounds like a fit to me if he can run good routes, catch and block.

Check out my 2nd Mock in the Mock thread Pulses has at least one of your guys in it in McMillian and maybe a couple others...

Bellinger's an inline blocker who also has good hands and decent speed. His college numbers were low because San Diego St. was rotating 3 TE's in and out( don't make much sense but Bellinger was the best of the bunch). Didn't drop a pass last year and has decent upside. 6'6 252 ran a 4.63 and a 4.44 shuttle and 7.03 cone. 35 inch vertical.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 08:27 PM)Yogo Wrote: For some reason, he reminds me of David Njoku of the Browns.  Hyper athletic developmental TE coming out of college that should translate well to the NFL game.... still waiting.

And Woods is crazy inexperienced.  His athleticism is crazy, but I don't see him as a good "catcher of the football", either.  He double clutches a LOT.  
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 02:09 AM)pulses Wrote: Bellinger's an inline blocker who also has good hands and decent speed. His college numbers were low because San Diego St. was rotating 3 TE's in and out( don't make much sense but Bellinger was the best of the bunch). Didn't drop a pass last year and has decent upside. 6'6 252 ran a 4.63 and a 4.44 shuttle and 7.03 cone. 35 inch vertical.

Between McCollum and now Bellinger things are starting to look clearer for us in my eyes. Starting to get the jist of this Draft.

At least the less knowns now. Was different this year going to the Superbowl. Usually we are talking about the Draft in December.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 05:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Between McCollum and now Bellinger things are starting to look clearer for us in my eyes. Starting to get the jist of this Draft.

At least the less knowns now. Was different this year going to the Superbowl. Usually we are talking about the Draft in December.
I think you can get Bellinger in the 4th or 5th round too.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 08:30 PM)pulses Wrote: Well take Bellinger who can do both then.

(04-21-2022, 09:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ah, thanks. Passed on Bellinger cause I knew nothing about him. Sounds like a fit to me if he can run good routes, catch and block.

Not so fast.

Bellinger's best season in college is 31 rec for 357 yards. 11.5 YPR. Career 11.3 YPR guy.
That's not that good for a receiving TE.

There's reason for optimism though from his Combine/Pro Day, but there should be questions why he couldn't produce more in college.
Look at Drew Sample if you want to see someone who people thought was a good blocker and should become more of a pass catcher in the NFL due to Combine performance but really hasn't.

At least Woods put up 44-598-8 (13.6 YPR) in his last season in college to go along with his great Combine.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 06:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not so fast.

Bellinger's best season in college is 31 rec for 357 yards. 11.5 YPR. Career 11.3 YPR guy.
That's not that good for a receiving TE.

There's reason for optimism though from his Combine/Pro Day, but there should be questions why he couldn't produce more in college.
Look at Drew Sample if you want to see someone who people thought was a good blocker and should become more of a pass catcher in the NFL due to Combine performance but really hasn't.

At least Woods put up 44-598-8 (13.6 YPR) in his last season in college to go along with his great Combine.
San Diego St had a rotation of 3 TE;s they played that's why his numbers were so low. He never dropped a pass last year. I've done research on him he is a good prospect and very intriguing. He's also a decent inline blocker as well.  6'6 252
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 06:21 PM)pulses Wrote: San Diego St had a rotation of 3 TE;s they played that's why his numbers were so low. He never dropped a pass last year. I've done research on him he is a good prospect and very intriguing. He's also a decent inline blocker as well.  6'6 252

Yep I know about him. I wasn't talking without knowledge.
TDN feels he's going to be just a chain mover who makes catches, not a play maker.
I agree with that assessment, despite his good testing.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 06:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep I know about him. I wasn't talking without knowledge.
TDN feels he's going to be just a chain mover who makes catches, not a play maker.
I agree with that assessment, despite his good testing.

All of his combine numbers are better than Dalton Schultz and he turned out ok. Besides he doesn't have to be a superstar to take him in the 5th round.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 06:34 PM)pulses Wrote: All of his combine numbers are better than Dalton Schultz and he turned out ok. Besides he doesn't have to be a superstar to take him in the 5th round.

Agreed if taking 5th round or later.
Just don't expect someone taken that late to turn into a stud starter.

If taking a TE late, I like James Mitchell.
He'll get looked over because he was recovering from a knee injury that ended his season, but he's been a more productive receiver in college than most late-round guys. In 22 games between 2019-2021, he put up 52 rec for 838 yards (16.1 YPR) and 7 TDs.

That's also in the ACC, which is a better conference than the MWC that Bellinger is in.
By comparison, Bellinger has only put up 68 rec for 771 yards (11.3 YPR) and 5 TDs in 31 career college games.

I don't think Mitchell is as fast as Bellinger, but I think he could be more of a play maker in the passing game while also being a decent blocker.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 08:20 PM)pulses Wrote: Best pass catching TE in this draft is Charlie Kolar hands down.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/02/02/5-sure-handed-te-prospects-ny-jets-2022-nfl-draft/

I know he's among the worst TE blockers, but I'd be all for a pass catching TE, if our new look Oline is much more improved and doesn't get hurt.  Until then, I want RBs and TEs that can chip and block just a little for Burrow's well-being.  Kolar looks good on his tape.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 11:46 PM)Yogo Wrote: I know he's among the worst TE blockers, but I'd be all for a pass catching TE, if our new look Oline is much more improved and doesn't get hurt.  Until then, I want RBs and TEs that can chip and block just a little for Burrow's well-being.  Kolar looks good on his tape.
Kolar had like 2200 yards over the last 3 seasons too. Like I mentioned earlier I like Daniel Bellinger in the 4th or 5th he's an inline blocker with great hands as well. His numbers were low because San Diego State played a 3 TE rotation and they are a run heavy team so that hurt him numbers wise.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 12:51 AM)pulses Wrote: Kolar had like 2200 yards over the last 3 seasons too. Like I mentioned earlier I like Daniel Bellinger in the 4th or 5th he's an inline blocker with great hands as well. His numbers were low because San Diego State played a 3 TE rotation and they are a run heavy team so that hurt him numbers wise.

Seems I'm not the only one who has compared Bellinger to Sample.
Matt Minich, who is a Bengals media guy similar to Joe Goodberry, feels the same.

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 07:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Seems I'm not the only one who has compared Bellinger to Sample.
Matt Minich, who is a Bengals media guy similar to Joe Goodberry, feels the same.

I never said you was wrong about Bellinger i just said i think he would be a good pick in round 5. They've talked to several TE's this year. Ultimately I think they will draft someone to replace Hurst( Woods,Kolar,McBride etc) and prob resign Sample to a cheap contract. If they really do want McBride tho they may have to take him at 31 because he won't be there at 63.
Reply/Quote
This TE class is deep even with a few guys dropping. We still have big money positions like DL and CB or a fallen OL to consider in the 2nd. Those are amazing measurables, but you better be sold to pull the trigger. You can get a solid BPA and a guy like Kolar or Likely in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 12:38 AM)phil413 Wrote: This TE class is deep even with a few guys dropping. We still have big money positions like DL and CB or a fallen OL to consider in the 2nd.  Those are amazing measurables, but you better be sold to pull the trigger. You can get a solid BPA and a guy like Kolar or Likely in the 3rd.

I think Likely slips to the 4th he had a pretty bad pro day and ran 4.83 and was 245 lbs. He was lucky to be 230 when you watch his tape.
Reply/Quote