Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill's attitude
Really like what seems to be a new blue collar "just get the job done" attitude from Hill.

Was pleasantly surprised when he scored the TD to see him just lay the ball on the ground and run off field without celebrating.

Looked like he is serious and on a mission. With Hewitt leading the way this could be punishing on opposing defenses.

Think Tate has looked much better and trying to prove himself as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
That was my favorite thing about the night.

Hill seems to have matured... but its only one TD in an early preseason game... I think he will still pull out the dance moves in real games.

Still, I think he is rolling with the punches so far. He looks great!
Reply/Quote
Agree it is just one TD in a preseason game.

But was refreshing to see.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 01:33 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree it is just one TD in a preseason game.

But was refreshing to see.

I think Hill learned a very valuable lesson last year (and hopefully others on the team did as well).

You celebrate when you win the game, not when you simply score.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 01:18 AM)Go Cards Wrote:  With Hewitt leading the way this could be punishing on opposing defenses.

It feels like a long time since I've seen as much I formation as I saw tonight. I love it. Classic smashmouth football. Or...classic get a block and then slash through for big yards football at least. 

Reply/Quote
I noticed that, too, and it's like he's still carrying what happened on his back and knows it won't be made up for until he wins us a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
Didn't like it . I'm in the minority but I enjoyed the celebrations.

Reply/Quote
I hope his humility continues into the season. I hate it when people excessively celebrate something as common as scoring. I'd love to see Hill just set the ball on the ground and walk to the sideline every time he scores this year. Would really help win the fans back seeing that he has humbled himself.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 04:49 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Didn't like it . I'm in the minority but I enjoyed the celebrations.

Win the Super Bowl, and celebrate all you want.

But I hear ya, I loved Chad's celebrations.  
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 08:21 AM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: I hope his humility continues into the season. I hate it when people excessively celebrate something as common as scoring. I'd love to see Hill just set the ball on the ground and walk to the sideline every time he scores this year. Would really help win the fans back seeing that he has humbled himself.

Nah.........  maybe jog to the sideline because that says "I'm ready to go to work again."

I agree though on that winning fans back.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 01:34 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think Hill learned a very valuable lesson last year (and hopefully others on the team did as well).

You celebrate when you win the game, not when you simply score.

100% agree!!!!  He was asked about a new dance in post game interview and he said, " ........ I don't know, we'll see."  

I was hoping he would respond with something like, "Those days are done!"

That foolishness with Chad Johnson caused a lot of resentment through the locker room according to Whit and Peko. It made it all about him. Not good on any level.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 10:22 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 100% agree!!!!  He was asked about a new dance in post game interview and he said, " ........ I don't know, we'll see."  

I was hoping he would respond with something like, "Those days are done!"

That foolishness with Chad Johnson caused a lot of resentment through the locker room according to Whit and Peko. It made it all about him. Not good on any level.

Exactly 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Wait, does this mean his cocky swagger is gone? I can never keep up on this stuff.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 08:21 AM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: I hope his humility continues into the season. I hate it when people excessively celebrate something as common as scoring. I'd love to see Hill just set the ball on the ground and walk to the sideline every time he scores this year. Would really help win the fans back seeing that he has humbled himself.

Yeah, I hate when all the fans in the stadium start cheering and clapping just because we score a td.  They should all just sit quietly and not make any noise.  Same for everyone who watches the game at home on TV.  No celebrating when we score.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, I hate when all the fans in the stadium start cheering and clapping just because we score a td.  They should all just sit quietly and not make any noise.  Same for everyone who watches the game at home on TV.  No celebrating when we score.

Whatever

Fist bumps and high fives are cool.

Putting on an episode of dancing with the stars is not.
Reply/Quote
I have a good feeling the guy is gonna dominate this year
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, I hate when all the fans in the stadium start cheering and clapping just because we score a td.  They should all just sit quietly and not make any noise.  Same for everyone who watches the game at home on TV.  No celebrating when we score.

What zone are you in fred? Nobody's talking about the fans whatsoever!
Reply/Quote
Give me s break. Dance, do flips, hug a cheerleader, kiss a baby, I don't care. I want the players to enjoy what they do. Anybody that gets upset when another person is having fun or celebrating needs to reflect on what's wrong in their own life when they don't want other people to experience joy.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 05:38 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Give me s break. Dance, do flips, hug a cheerleader, kiss a baby, I don't care. I want the players to enjoy what they do. Anybody that gets upset when another person is having fun or celebrating needs to reflect on what's wrong in their own life when they don't want other people to experience joy.

Hill did the same exact thing Earl Campbell used to do after his 74 career touchdowns.  He laid the ball down, and jogged back to the bench.   Campbell was asked about why he didn't 'show it up' after he scored and he said, "My show is in the TD I just scored!"

You don't think Earl Campbell had fun???  This was before they started paying these yahoos multi-million dollars and many became 'prima donnas'!!

Fans will still come out and idolize these guys no matter how expensive tickets become.

As long as the sport is still alive, I will pay my cable bill to watch the Bengals, but I will not spend any money beyond that including memorabilia ... I let family do that for gifts and such if they so desire!!

WHO DEY!!!
Reply/Quote

So are you saying this will harm Jeremy Hill or the team ? 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote