Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesse Bates Was Just On NFL Network
Jesse Bates was just interviewed on NFL Network but wasn't anything too special and just normal free agent speak: he loves to be here, wants to be back, thankful that he's already up for a new contract when a lot of players his age aren't even in the league yet, likes that his family is so close in Indiana (3 hours away?) and can come watch him play pretty easily.

Wasn't much to it and was tough to read either way, but I hope we bring him back!

Keep the squad together and make their lives easier by signing and drafting linemen so our offense can score more and keep the defense off the field and give them more room for error!
Reply/Quote
He posted the eyes in Twitter and Sources are saying they are about to get a deal done. He isn't going anywhere...
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 04:58 PM)Tony Wrote: He posted the eyes in Twitter and Sources are saying they are about to get a deal done. He isn't going anywhere...

Saw the eyes on Twitter but didn't know what that meant lol

What sources are saying they're getting a deal done?

I LOVE that we'll be bringing him back (if true) and it makes sense that he wasn't saying much because players are a lot more outspoken to get the attention from other teams if they're going to hit the market.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 04:58 PM)Tony Wrote: He posted the eyes in Twitter and Sources are saying they are about to get a deal done. He isn't going anywhere...

What sources? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 05:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What sources? 

You know, the unnamed sources.  They announce and predict everything these days.   Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 05:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Saw the eyes on Twitter but didn't know what that meant lol

What sources are saying they're getting a deal done?

I LOVE that we'll be bringing him back (if true) and it makes sense that he wasn't saying much because players are a lot more outspoken to get the attention from other teams if they're going to hit the market.

(02-23-2022, 05:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What sources? 

(02-23-2022, 05:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You know, the unnamed sources.  They announce and predict everything these days.   Ninja

One of those new unnamed sources that pops up on Twitter every week.

It's all about those re-tweets.

It would be funny to one day find out that some underpaid dude in the league office that has to file paperwork was making extra cash on the side by letting guys like Schefter know when paperwork is submitted for approval.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
We should trade him for Quinton Nelson.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We should trade him for Quinton Nelson.

And Laremy Tunsil. 

Colts get him on odd weeks and the Texans get him on even weeks.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Sounds like he'll be FT'd. He made the comment, "You only get one shot at this. I hope it's not under the tag.". Also talked about how the NFLPA needs to address the FT because it "hurts guys."

He probably stays on the tag this year and walks next year. Hopefully he doesn't mail it in again like he did in the regular season.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 07:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sounds like he'll be FT'd.  He made the comment, "You only get one shot at this.  I hope it's not under the tag.". Also talked about how the NFLPA needs to address the FT because it "hurts guys."

He probably stays on the tag this year and walks next year.  Hopefully he doesn't mail it in again like he did in the regular season.

WTF says things like this? You only get one shot? What is he, 12?

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 07:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sounds like he'll be FT'd.  He made the comment, "You only get one shot at this.  I hope it's not under the tag.". Also talked about how the NFLPA needs to address the FT because it "hurts guys."

He probably stays on the tag this year and walks next year.  Hopefully he doesn't mail it in again like he did in the regular season.

Admittedly, I don't pay super close attention to the contract side of things.  It's just not my interest.  But I don't know how the FT "hurts" anyone unless they get injured or phone it in and don't want to put out full effort, in which case their next longer term deal would be hit.  But it's guaranteed money, and it's not bottom money.  

I kind of find it insulting when players get upset when they have "prove it" years and just want their payday.  I get it from their perspective of "get paid today, who knows what tomorrow brings", but that's not how almost anyone else's job works and making significantly less money doing them.  Bates has what, $7M to his name now as a Bengal?  He could retire tomorrow.  Or, he can decide to keep playing because he enjoys it.  Not saying he's making a scene, but this is why I don't get into the contract details.  Billionaires and millionaires arguing about money doesn't interest me beyond the fact that the more one guy wants to pad his account means the rest of the team often suffers. 
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 08:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: WTF says things like this? You only get one shot? What is he, 12?

this worries me that he's gonna pout all season if he doesnt get his "big contract"
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 08:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: this worries me that he's gonna pout all season if he doesnt get his "big contract"

Dont want douchebags on this team. Leaders don't act like children. FT him and trade his ass.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 05:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You know, the unnamed sources.  They announce and predict everything these days.   Ninja

Not gonna lie. I just been seeing people say it on Twitter and groups...
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 08:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: WTF says things like this? You only get one shot? What is he, 12?

He apparently caught Eminem's part of the SB halftime show.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 08:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dont want douchebags on this team. Leaders don't act like children. FT him and trade his ass.

Yes!! For Quinton Nelson 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 08:06 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Admittedly, I don't pay super close attention to the contract side of things.  It's just not my interest.  But I don't know how the FT "hurts" anyone unless they get injured or phone it in and don't want to put out full effort, in which case their next longer term deal would be hit.  But it's guaranteed money, and it's not bottom money.  

I kind of find it insulting when players get upset when they have "prove it" years and just want their payday.  I get it from their perspective of "get paid today, who knows what tomorrow brings", but that's not how almost anyone else's job works and making significantly less money doing them.  Bates has what, $7M to his name now as a Bengal?  He could retire tomorrow.  Or, he can decide to keep playing because he enjoys it.  Not saying he's making a scene, but this is why I don't get into the contract details.  Billionaires and millionaires arguing about money doesn't interest me beyond the fact that the more one guy wants to pad his account means the rest of the team often suffers. 

I get not wanting to play under the tag but I don't.

Players complain because they might get hurt and don't have long-term security, but here's the thing: signing gives him more than half of the safety contracts in the league are getting guaranteed with their long-term contracts, so they'd be getting all that for only one-year guaranteed with the potential to make more next offseason. 

I can maybe see how older guys might not want that because they don't know how long they have left, but being only 24(?) means that he still has many years left to cash in with longer deals. Take a lot guaranteed now and then signing one next offseason gives you even more guaranteed money.
Reply/Quote
The franchise tag for safeties has yielded bad results for the players lately. Anthony Harris and Marcus Maye both essentially lost out on massive money because of the tag year, and to abates point most players get one crack at the massive pay day off their rookie deal and risking it on a one year deal is tough.
Reply/Quote
I think the opinions of others can be best understood if we know each other's priorities for this team when it comes to money allocation by position.

My opinion in order:
Offense
QB, WR1, OLINE, WR2, RB, TE, WR3
We currently have WR3 at $10M and RB at $11M

Defense
DE, CB, DT, LB, SS, FS
We currently have DE & DT paid well, but paying Bates his asking price makes FS the highest paid defender and is my last priority.

What are your priority positions that deserve the money?
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 08:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dont want douchebags on this team. Leaders don't act like children. FT him and trade his ass.

Bruh...ill never understand why ppl hate athletes that act like regualr humans.

Are you seriously mad that hed be upset that he didnt get a long contract? Hes not a bad person for wanting security.
-Housh
Reply/Quote