Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets Trade Proposal
(08-12-2018, 12:56 AM)jason Wrote: No... They're screwed if Driskell has to start any games this year. He's a nice lil preseason player , but that's it. Most teams are screwed when the starting QB goes down

once again....
the Bengals aren't screwed if Dalton goes down.....

Driscoll is a pro....he can handle it...

so who do you want as our back up QB.???
Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers...?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 07:51 PM)Steve Wrote: once again....
the Bengals aren't screwed if Dalton goes down.....

Driscoll is a pro....he can handle it...

so who do you want as our back up QB.???
Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers...?

Tee hee hee, nothin' quite like a loaded question...

Brady was a virtual unknown, coming out of Michigan as a late 6th round selection.  Rodgers was right up there for Heisman, and projected to be a top 5 selection.  

Now, was your question intended to be who do you want, before anyone knew who they were, or after they have played their illustrious pro careers?  I know, that's a tough question, because back at the time, average fans only had ESPN to go on for information.  The internet was still in it's relative dial up infancy, and Belichick may have had a regional coverage advantage by coaching in Cleveland prior to New England.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 05:48 PM)corpjet Wrote: We need a true backup QB, Im all for trading whoever is gong to get cut for a serviceable back up signal caller.

I'd be all for getting Teddy here, but I'm also ok with Driskell being the backup. Barkley needs to go though.....
Reply/Quote
Dont be surprised if the Bills cut Mc Carron, and he comes back.

I would take Teddy, but only if they cut him. I am still worried about his leg, and his psychy working through all that.
Reply/Quote
Bridgewater, unless VERY damaged, has a lot more trade value than Johnson who's age, contract point to ' short timer."
Reply/Quote
Would Johnson even be a scheme fit in the Jets 3-4? I don't see him taking the spot of what they've got, especially with Leonard Williams, Henry Anderson, and Nathan Shepherd as their Top 3 DE's there. I also don't think he'd be capable of being a 3-4 OLB, at least not at a high level.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 04:19 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Dont be surprised if the Bills cut Mc Carron, and he comes back.

I would take Teddy, but only if they cut him. I am still worried about his leg, and his psychy working through all that.

Did AJM suck in the Bills first Preseason game? Haven't heard anything about how he played.

Honestly would rather have someone else besides AJM, i don't like how he played at all last Offseason.

Should of traded him before he stunk it up here.

(08-13-2018, 07:05 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Would Johnson even be a scheme fit in the Jets 3-4? I don't see him taking the spot of what they've got, especially with Leonard Williams, Henry Anderson, and Nathan Shepherd as their Top 3 DE's there. I also don't think he'd be capable of being a 3-4 OLB, at least not at a high level.

He wouldn't, it is just a dream, honestly think Shawn Williams would be a more likely trade.

Have to have certain D-line players to play a 3-4 and MJ is not the type. He is purely a 4-3 End.

Walking tree to boot, but he can play DT on passing downs pretty well and bat down passes.

Love MJ off the field, but he is taking up a lot more salary than he is worth honestly.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 07:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Did AJM suck in the Bills first Preseason game? Haven't heard anything about how he played.

Honestly would rather have someone else besides AJM, i don't like how he played at all last Offseason.

Should of traded him before he stunk it up here.

I can't agree with this. While AJM is not setting the world on fire, he led the team to a win in the playoffs against Pittsburgh until Hill gave them the ball back fighting for uneeded yardage. I would be ecstatic to have him back. The kid finds ways to win, and always has....
Reply/Quote
It's only one preseason game, but if Darnold keeps looking like starter material they're going to shop Bridgewater; particularly to the Broncos and any other teams that need a backup/potential reclamation project.  He's only signed for a single year for the Jets, so they're losing him after this season, regardless.  The Broncos need a vet backup and they may need a starter soon since they have one-year-wonder Keenum holding down the fort.  Bridgewater makes a lot more sense there than he does many other places.

(08-14-2018, 08:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I can't agree with this. While AJM is not setting the world on fire, he led the team to a win in the playoffs against Pittsburgh until Hill gave them the ball back fighting for uneeded yardage. I would be ecstatic to have him back. The kid finds ways to win, and always has....

McCarron could have hedged his bets against Hill ruining everything by playing more than 1 quarter of competent football, though.  Team game and all that...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote