Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Harbaugh?
I figure he has to be finished at Michigan. He has not won a bowl game since 2015. He is 2-4 this year and only 29-16 since 2016. He is just 3-8 against OSU and Mich St.

People claim he is hard to get along with, but his NFL resume is incredible. In just 4 seasons he had 44 regular season wins, 5 post season wins, and a Super Bowl appearance.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
He would be a clear upgrade. But he's not coming thru those doors.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He has a higher win percentage than Billichik with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick as his QBs. I'd say that he's worth a shot. 
Reply/Quote
Not my first choice, but wouldn’t be opposed. Bet he knows a good DC and Oline coach, or two. Would make for a fun rivalry with the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
I can't stand the guy personally would rather have a young head coach who knows what they are doing instead of an attention *****.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If it worked out, sure. I just want to win. If Harbaugh gives the best option, then sign him.

But, timing wise, I don't think it'll work out.

The Harbaugh rumors are that he's looking to jump to the NFL before he gets fired. I'm betting ZT comes back for one more year. So if Harbaugh is shopping himself for 2021, he isn't going to get a look from the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
He can do better and knows it.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I figure he has to be finished at Michigan.  He has not won a bowl game since 2015.  He is 2-4 this year and only 29-16 since 2016.  He is just 3-8 against OSU and Mich St.

People claim he is hard to get along with, but his NFL resume is incredible.  In just 4 seasons he had 44 regular season wins, 5 post season wins, and a Super Bowl appearance.

Not crazy about the idea of Harbaugh. A HUGE part of his success in SF was due to Vic Fangio, who had a top 5 defense in all 4 seasons. Plus, I don't think his personality would mesh with the Mike and the crew...at all.
Reply/Quote
One of the rare instances I agree with Fred. I would absolutely take Harbaugh. He wouldn’t have to worry about recruiting or student athletes here, he could just concentrate on coaching. And he’s had prior success at the NFL level.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Not crazy about the idea of Harbaugh. A HUGE part of his success in SF was due to Vic Fangio, who had a top 5 defense in all 4 seasons. Plus, I don't think his personality would mesh with the Mike and the crew...at all.

But a HC should get some credit for hiring good coordinators. Marvin had his issues, but that was a strength with him for the most part.

I do agree with the personality clash though. He’s the exact opposite of the type of yes man the family probably wants.

Reply/Quote
Question for Fred..
Fred If you were a Fish.. What kind of Fish do you think you would be?
Reply/Quote
There's no denying his NFL resume but if he can't even succeed at the college level, what chances are he's going to duplicate his NFL success in Cincy?

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I figure he has to be finished at Michigan.  He has not won a bowl game since 2015.  He is 2-4 this year and only 29-16 since 2016.  He is just 3-8 against OSU and Mich St.

People claim he is hard to get along with, but his NFL resume is incredible.  In just 4 seasons he had 44 regular season wins, 5 post season wins, and a Super Bowl appearance.

Absolutely.

He's an established NFL HC with a proven track record.

During his tenure with SF, he had a Top 5 defense 3 years, a Top 10 defense the only other year.
He has a (much) bigger network and established reputation that he should be able to put together a pretty respectable staff.

Heck, the possibility of the Bengals might also be appealing to him too, as he would get to coach against his brother twice a year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
100%.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: There's no denying his NFL resume but if he can't even succeed at the college level, what chances are he's going to duplicate his  NFL success in Cincy?

Some coaches are better in NFL vs college.
Specifically with the way a team is built.

In college, you have to recruit a lot more and there's no "cap." So typically the best teams stay the best because they constantly win. Michigan wasn't a perennial winner before he got there, so he still was going to have a harder time to build a good team when recruiting against Ohio St, Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, etc. There's also no draft, which is specifically intended to benefit the worst teams more.

While I realize Harbaugh came from Stanford before going into the NFL, the NFL is where he's had the most success. He needs to go back to it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sure...let's follow a long expired Marvin Lewis era and a never should have been Zac Taylor era, with a Jim Harbaugh burning bridges and flaming out once again, era. 

No ***** way. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: There's no denying his NFL resume but if he can't even succeed at the college level, what chances are he's going to duplicate his NFL success in Cincy?

Totally different situations. Like I previously mentioned, in college coaches have much more on there plates. You don’t have to worry about recruiting in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: There's no denying his NFL resume but if he can't even succeed at the college level, what chances are he's going to duplicate his  NFL success in Cincy?

Depends on the definition of success. It's not the NFL where the goal is a Lombardi.

For starters, Michigan is in the Big 10. Harbaugh has to walk into a kid's locker room and say "Hey, how would you not like to play in the SEC? Want to go to the second best conference!? Looking to reduce your chances of going to the NFL!? I'm your guy!"

There's some sarcasm there, but at the start of the season, the SEC had four times as many players as Big 10 in the NFL, which was the second highest. It makes it hard to recruit.

Second, Harbaugh's worst season (until now) was 8-5.  Half the time he was 10-3. In NFL terms, that's postseason, where anything could happen. Postseason with a team full of SEC players. Record-wise, he's got half the career length but about the same results as Carr and that guy from the 80s (although, admittedly, they had more Bowl wins).

Harbaugh isn't my favorite, but he's done decent as a college coach and did well as an NFL coach.
Reply/Quote
No. I can’t stand the guy.
Had success with SF but sux at Michigan

It’s never going to happen. Can you see him coming here or can you see MB hiring a guy with his personality? I can’t see the two matching up at all.
Reply/Quote
He wouldn’t work well with Mikey but also I don’t think he would want to step into his brothers division.
Reply/Quote