Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Turner comments
Anyone watch Thursday night Bechton for the Jets was atrocious. He looked worse than all our G including Price and Johnson who have been horrible.
Reply/Quote
[quote='Bengalfan4life27c' pid='918539' dateline='1601728769']
Anyone watch Thursday night Bechton for the Jets was atrocious. He looked worse than all our G including Price and Johnson who have been horrible.
[/

He’s been good all year he’s a monster in the run game and has been a good blocker. He hurt his shoulder last week and didn’t start the game and for some reason the Jets still suited him up because there a terrible run team lol. The staring LT got hurt early in the game and Bechton had to come in and was clearly playing hurt. He would look good in stripes I remember when the draft process 1st started he was ranked at 33 and some thought the Bengals could pick him but as the draft came closer he shot up draft boards. Brian Baldinger is a great follow on twitter breaking down players I’ll post his link on Bechton below.

https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/1308447818328297473?s=21
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 09:22 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I still think Turner has a personality difference when compared to a lot of the guys we have out there. It’s why he loves Hart. I bet he agrees and endorses his Instagram posts. All speculation of course, but I feel like turner is a ‘good ol boys’ type of coach.

If it isn’t a good working environment, you aren’t going to have positive results. The sooner we can the guy the better.

I could give a rats ass about what someone post on social media. Who cares! You snowflakes think a post gauges someone’s football ability is laughable. The two are not related unless you want to be hip and cool with the snowflake crowd. Yes Hart sucks but it isn’t due to his Instagram post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 10:50 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I could give a rats ass about what someone post on social media. Who cares! You snowflakes think a post gauges someone’s football ability is laughable. The two are not related unless you want to be hip and cool with the snowflake crowd. Yes Hart sucks but it isn’t due to his Instagram post.

You’re being naive. Shit like that can absolutely affect his relationship with his teammates, and the locker room in general.

Taylor can talk about “high character” guys all he wants, but as long as Hart and Turner are here it’s just lip service.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 10:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re being naive. 

And you are just making stuff up in your head.

Extreme assholes like Bill Romanoskwi, Rodney Harrison, and Joey Porter have a pile of SuperBowl rings.

And on the other extreme some people claimed Andy Dalton was "too nice" but Roger Staubach and Tony Dungee also have a few rings.

Too many people make a big thing out of "character".
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 11:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And you are just making stuff up in your head.

Extreme assholes like Bill Romanoskwi, Rodney Harrison, and Joey Porter have a pile of SuperBowl rings.

And on the other extreme some people claimed Andy Dalton was "too nice" but Roger Staubach and Tony Dungee also have a few rings.

Too many people make a big thing out of "character".

We’re all just speculating. That’s all we can really do on a message board without inside information. It is pretty easy to assume Hart’s idiotic comments rub at least some of his teammates the wrong way. Especially combined with how bad his play is. If he was good it would be a lot easier to ignore. And I’m not the one who made a big deal about character. Taylor did. I’m just calling him out on it.

Your need to constantly defend Hart is extremely weird, and proves you just like to argue.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 11:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re all just speculating. That’s all we can really do on a message board without inside information. It is pretty easy to assume Hart’s idiotic comments rub at least some of his teammates the wrong way. Especially combined with how bad his play is. If he was good it would be a lot easier to ignore. And I’m not the one who made a big deal about character. Taylor did. I’m just calling him out on it.

Your need to constantly defend Hart is extremely weird, and proves you just like to argue.

I hate defending Fredtoast, but I will. He isn’t defending Hart, but stating the same thing as I did. Character is over rated on the field and what matters is production.

I applaud Hart for speaking his mind regardless of what I think of it because it pisses the PC crowd off. Once again I find it laughable the snowflake crowd some how thinks it impact all his teammates opinion of him. There true opinion of his teammates is what they see on the field and if he can actually play. I don’t see Joe Burrow getting on Twitter every hour anxiously waiting for the next post of a teammate.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 11:32 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I hate defending Fredtoast, but I will. He isn’t defending Hart, but stating the same thing as I did. Character is over rated on the field and what matters is production.

I applaud Hart for speaking his mind regardless of what I think of it because it pisses the PC crowd off. Once again I find it laughable the snowflake crowd some how thinks it impact all his teammates opinion of him. There true opinion of his teammates is what they see on the field and if he can actually play. I don’t see Joe Burrow getting on Twitter every hour anxiously waiting for the next post of a teammate.

Here’s a hint...he can’t.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 11:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Here’s a hint...he can’t.

No sh*T Sherlock

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 10:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re being naive. Shit like that can absolutely affect his relationship with his teammates, and the locker room in general.

Can someone give me a quick synopsis of what he has all said?

If it's just the LGBT stuff being in the media, I can almost guarantee you that his teammates could give a rat's ass.

Note: I'm not saying I agree with him, only that I sincerely doubt those comments affects his relationships with his teammates.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 12:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Can someone give me a quick synopsis of what he has all said?

If it's just the LGBT stuff being in the media, I can almost guarantee you that his teammates could give a rat's ass.

Note: I'm not saying I agree with him, only that I sincerely doubt those comments affects his relationships with his teammates.

Well let’s see, I don’t do social media (I think it’s all ridiculous) but some other shit I’ve seen mentioned on Reddit and elsewhere include: racist remarks about Asians hating black people, how tumors are the bodies defense mechanism and they don’t kill people, BLM conspiracy stuff, he got into it with Dunlap about Los being concerned about playing during a pandemic, etc. That’s just to name a few.

And I guarantee out of a 53 man roster (and staff) there’s at least a handful of people that have a problem with his anti-homosexual stuff too. Even if they’re not gay, they likely have friends or family who are.

He’s a nut job. And he sucks. Quite a winning combination.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 12:12 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: No sh*T Sherlock

You’re the one who phrased it like his teammates don’t know if he can play or not.

Reply/Quote
Whatever he is on, to make those comments, I'll take a misdemeanors worth.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 10:50 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I could give a rats ass about what someone post on social media. Who cares! You snowflakes think a post gauges someone’s football ability is laughable. The two are not related unless you want to be hip and cool with the snowflake crowd. Yes Hart sucks but it isn’t due to his Instagram post.

Let me set the record straight here. I could care less about his Instagram posts. My point wasn’t about the actual posts but more about the buddy buddy relationship that could exist between Turner and Hart. It seems that went a bit over your head.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 01:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This guy is absolutely delusional.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;</blockquote>

First quote:

We definitely pick on him, and we certainly don't appreciate him.

So Turner's comment is true.

Second quote:

I'll have to take his word that Hart is mentally unaffected, and maybe this is the best Hart has played (the best he has played does not equal played well).

Again I have to say truth to his comments.

Conclusion:

Turner's quotes are not delusional, we are just in a very sad situation...
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 12:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Can someone give me a quick synopsis of what he has all said?

Except that there are certainly players in the NFL that are a part of that community...
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 11:32 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I hate defending Fredtoast, but I will. He isn’t defending Hart, but stating the same thing as I did. Character is over rated on the field and what matters is production.

Character is overrated on the field? Quick... Which 3 players had the biggest role in the 2015 playoff implosion vs Pittsburgh?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 12:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And I guarantee out of a 53 man roster (and staff) there’s at least a handful of people that have a problem with his anti-homosexual stuff too. Even if they’re not gay, they likely have friends or family who are.

People who let the political opinions of their co-workers  effect how they do their own job are the problem.

People are going to have different opinions.  We all need to accept that and not let it effect how we do our own job.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People who let the political opinions of their co-workers  effect how they do their own job are the problem.

People are going to have different opinions.  We all need to accept that and not let it effect how we do our own job.

I didn’t realize not treating gay people like shit was “political.”

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I didn’t realize not treating gay people like shit was “political.”

Culture issues should never be political, ever. Politicians already suck bad enough without the added pressure of trying to change peoples minds about their personal beliefs. All it does is divide ppl further.

That being said, screw you Turner for not having Redmond on the 53 to start the season when he's clearly a better player than Johnson and Price. Bad talent evaluation.
Reply/Quote