Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Biden is Trying to Lose
(03-11-2020, 06:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am starting to smell a troll.

6andcounting can't be this clueless

Besides the quote from 0:15 through 0:20 he's jovial and laughing. Not exactly angry outbursts. 

He's not making it personal to anybody or wagging his finger in disgust. He's playing up the crowd. I'm against  actual violence - this aint it.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(03-11-2020, 06:33 PM)Dill Wrote: Welcome to the radical far left. 

What's your address? I want to send you our version of the MAGA cap.

[Image: olive-green-chinese-mao-red-army-cadet-s...aa3bbb.jpg]

A promise is a promise even to oneself. So I’m rooting for Bernie. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-11-2020, 07:27 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I'm against  actual violence - this aint it.

He offered to pay the legal fees for someone to commit an assault for him.  

And he was no joking.

I still say you are trolling.  You don't seem to be a big enough rube to blindly worship Trump like that.
Man how come the only other republican in this forum is a dang Steeler fan...
(03-12-2020, 12:23 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Man how come the only other republican in this forum is a dang Steeler fan...

There's a few others. There used to be more, but it tended to go:

Poster: all _______ people are _______!
Mod: you can't say that, you're suspended.
(One month later)
Same poster: all _______ people are _________!
Then they'd get hit with a banhammer.

I don't think it had so much to do with them being republican, just people who don't like the rules.
(03-11-2020, 07:27 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Besides the quote from 0:15 through 0:20 he's jovial and laughing.

And whatever does not fit your narrative just does not count, right?
(03-12-2020, 12:23 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Man how come the only other republican in this forum is a dang Steeler fan...

I'm not a Steeler fan, neither are a few others. It's just pointless on here cause usually no matter what you say or if you try to argue with facts the lines get moved. See this post? it's their motto.

(03-12-2020, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And whatever does not fit your narrative just does not count, right?

Why not? Trump joking doesn't seem to fit yours either. 
(03-12-2020, 01:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Why not? Trump joking doesn't seem to fit yours either. 

He was not joking.

Watch the video.  Tell me how many of the comments you think were jokes.
(03-12-2020, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And whatever does not fit your narrative just does not count, right?

I recall saying exactly this.  Mellow

Best of all I'm not conservative (I mean there are issues I'm conservative on), Republican or a Trump voter. I run counter to a lot of the left wing viewpoints and Trump bashing on this board so I get pegged s a Republican. I'm more than willing to argue against Trump supporters, hypocrisy in the criticism of Obama vs the defending of Trump on similar issues, and right wing outrage culture (I'm looking at you Sean Hannity), but no one on this board is right wing.  
(03-11-2020, 07:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He offered to pay the legal fees for someone to commit an assault for him.  

And he was no joking.

I still say you are trolling.  You don't seem to be a big enough rube to blindly worship Trump like that.

Except he didn't pay the guy's legal fees because he was joking.
(03-12-2020, 06:29 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Except he didn't pay the guy's legal fees because he was joking.

And no one assaulted that person either. I've seen the video.
IF someone had assaulted him right then and there as Trump said that, then Fred might have a talking point. But I'm pretty sure most people knew he was being sarcastic. Many anti-Trump people keep taking him so literally, and for Dems to claim they are smarter, it's just like a double slap that they can't see the sarcastic remarks. But I will admit Trump's speeches have gotten worse.
(03-12-2020, 06:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And no one assaulted that person either. I've seen the video.
IF someone had assaulted him right then and there as Trump said that, then Fred might have a talking point. But I'm pretty sure most people knew he was being sarcastic. Many anti-Trump people keep taking him so literally, and for Dems to claim they are smarter, it's just like a double slap that they can't see the sarcastic remarks. But I will admit Trump's speeches have gotten worse.

What Dems complain about is the poor judgment Trump uses in making statements he does as president. Even a joke from him can send the stock market plummeting or send pipe bombs to his opponents.

E.g., when he said "Russia, if you're listening . . ." during the campaign.  Everyone knew that he was not "really" speaking to Russia, and yet soon after came the DNC hack and dump.  But when Democrats complained, Trump supporters immediately insisted it was "only a joke," and how foolish to take such statements seriously-- as if that somehow salvages Trump's poor judgment and self discipline.

Trump rattles off jokes and threats like he is simply an ordinary bully loudmouth shouting at the tv in a New York sports bar, with no wider consequences. And his supporters seem to see it that way too. He may be a bully loudmouth, but he is not in a sports bar. He represents the nation when he speaks and the whole world is listening. His statements not only have a performative effect, they signal the rest of the world what the U.S. tolerates, and when his statements contradict other departments and spokespersons of the exec, that signals disorganization and dysfunction--and for some foreign actors, that is an opportunity.
(03-12-2020, 06:29 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Except he didn't pay the guy's legal fees because he was joking.

...he's cheap, broke and lies a lot.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-12-2020, 07:58 PM)Dill Wrote: What Dems complain about is the poor judgment Trump uses in making statements he does as president. Even a joke from him can send the stock market plummeting or send pipe bombs to his opponents.

That is what is so surreal about the whole Trump being president thing.  He had the freedom and power to do and say whatever he wanted and get expert editing in post-production to make sure he comes off looking spotless...and yet he chose to become what should be the ultimate servant of the people.

But I mean, Obama and Reagan made all sorts of sarcastic comments and said stupid/insensitive/incorrect stuff that their opponents loved to get all up in arms about, but those guys seemed like they might actually have senses of humor in there somewhere.  When someone like Trump plays the "I was only joking" card it just comes off with more of a thud.

His sarcasm seems more like a defense mechanism. It's like when you suggest some raunchy sexual stuff to a woman you know and you put LOL at the end of the message in case she isn't up for it. Hey I was just kidding...unless you want to do it, in which case I was being serious....LOL!
(03-12-2020, 06:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And no one assaulted that person either. I've seen the video.

Then why did he plead to battery charges and apologize to the guy he asaulted?

https://abc11.com/1655658/

Stop getting all you facts from the echo chamber.

He was not joking.  

He was just lying as usual.
(03-12-2020, 11:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That is what is so surreal about the whole Trump being president thing.  He had the freedom and power to do and say whatever he wanted and get expert editing in post-production to make sure he comes off looking spotless...and yet he chose to become what should be the ultimate servant of the people.

But I mean, Obama and Reagan made all sorts of sarcastic comments and said stupid/insensitive/incorrect stuff that their opponents loved to get all up in arms about, but those guys seemed like they might actually have senses of humor in there somewhere.  When someone like Trump plays the "I was only joking" card it just comes off with more of a thud.

His sarcasm seems more like a defense mechanism.  It's like when you suggest some raunchy sexual stuff to a woman you know and you put LOL at the end of the message in case she isn't up for it.  Hey I was just kidding...unless you want to do it, in which case I was being serious....LOL!

Reagan and Obama did have a sense of humor for sure. Reagan was rarely not smiling. Trump rarely is. I don't recall ever seeing Trump laugh. Does anyone here have a link to a Trump laugh?

As far as stupid and incorrect stuff though--for both presidents it was relatively rare. A week of Trump's missteps would be a full term of them for either Reagan or Obama. Also, their worst comments were caught off camera, which suggests some judgement about what looks bad. Trump's worst are not recognized by him as bad and proclaimed from public stages. Mexico IS sending us "rapists," aren't they?

Trump is cruel and vindictive to people in a very personal way (e.g., public mention of Mika's "bleeding" facelift; the "ugly" comparison of Cruz' wife to his). Neither former president was.

Surreal indeed is that TENS OF MILLIONS of followers lap it up, while other millions DENY that it is what it is and will embrace it for another four years.
(03-11-2020, 07:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: A promise is a promise even to oneself. So I’m rooting for Bernie. LOL

Rooting for Bernie like in 2016? The DNC is telling you who to vote for in 2020? They know you will vote for who they tell you to vote for. BLIND SHEEP!!!! BAA BAA BAA
(03-13-2020, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why did he plead to battery charges and apologize to the guy he asaulted?

https://abc11.com/1655658/

Stop getting all you facts from the echo chamber.

Looks like maybe he knocked the guy off balance but we don't really see the punch land so how do we know it actually happened?

MSM will do anything to make Trump look bad--even pay someone to plead guilty.

After going over the video multiple times, I'd say this looks like a false flag operation perpetrated by the Obama WH, just like Sandy Hook.