Poll: Would you want Joe Brady as our next HC?
Yes. He’s the real deal, and what we thought we were getting in Taylor.
No. I’d rather have an experienced HC this time.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Joe Brady?
I go back and forth on the young coach/first time head coach thing. I really would like an experienced guy with some balls, but who is really out there that fits that mold? Really, nobody.

I am warming up to the idea of Brady. I could care less about the connection with Burrow and Chase. I look at what he did and where he comes from.

Remember, he was a New Orleans staffer under Peyton, went to LSU and now is the OC in the NFL. That's a very good pedigree. I also think Rhule is a solid head coach, so that's another guy he's been exposed to. I was worried how much his play calling and system would translate to the NFL, but Darnold looks pretty good in it so far.

I do wonder about how good he will be as an overall figure head and leader of a team as he seems pretty laid back. But, at least we know he would be a solid, creative offensive play caller.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 02:14 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: More importantly, Andy Reid is an offensive wizard.  A maestro.  Basically, the anti-Zac Taylor.  Zac has sucked as an OC at every stop, college and pro.  Dude got his current job riding McVay’s coattails.

You're exactly right. Taylor is just horribly unqualified. Thats what makes Joe Brady different/interesting. The chemistry with Burrow is just a bonus. The Bengals are not the only team interested in him unlike when Taylor was hired.
Reply/Quote
I think we may want to do an early (extremely early) watch on the positions that will/may be open.

Bengals
Denver
Houston
NYG
Chicago
Vikings

Am I missing any?

How would you rank these opportunities? We can want who we want, but if there is competition....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Fun fact: Joe Brady was the 4th son of Mike's, and he got his love of football from watching his big brother Greg in high school.
Reply/Quote
32... whew that's young. It's definitely a gamble (even if worthy of it). Keeping a close eye on the Panthers Offense tonight.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The only people in or outside of the NFL who thought Zac Taylor was a good hire was the Bengals.

As numerous others have pointed out, the writing was on the wall that this guy didn't know how to create a good offensive scheme. The Bengals, shockingly, didn't do their homework to figure that out.

He's been a failure at every stop as an OC. Unfortunately I think hiring a young unproven coach will scare them off someone like Brady. I hope I'm wrong because he seems to actually have a good offensive mind that, so far, has shown in multiple stops.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 09:49 PM)TheFan Wrote: The Bengals, shockingly, didn't do their homework to figure that out.

Doesnt that seem to be the theme from the front office for years and years?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 05:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think we may want to do an early (extremely early) watch on the positions that will/may be open.

Bengals
Denver
Houston
NYG
Chicago
Vikings

Am I missing any?

How would you rank these opportunities? We can want who we want, but if there is competition....

I'd say the Bengals are in the top three of that group.  Chicago may be enticing if a coach thought he could work with a talent like Fields, assuming he shows promise this year.  Denver could be interesting as they are a likely destination for Rodgers.  That could be a negative, too with A-Aron's affinity for public tantrums and desire for a major role in how the team is run.  Houston or the Giants might be more enticing if they manage to get top 5 picks and a shot a new quarterback to go along with a new coach.

Assuming Burrow gets out of this season in one piece, which is a questionable assumption at this point, I think the Bengals have a lot of young offensive talent to offer an incoming coach.  If Taylor gets fired, they'll likely be able to offer a shot at a high pick, too.  The front offices willingness to spend in FA also may make a prospective coach more inclined to think that he can build something here.
Reply/Quote