Poll: Would you want Joe Brady as our next HC?
Yes. He’s the real deal, and what we thought we were getting in Taylor.
No. I’d rather have an experienced HC this time.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Joe Brady?
(09-20-2021, 11:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not reading past the “no.”

You want to be a dick, then you can **** off. Plenty of other people to discuss this with.

Rolleyes Give me a break. Rolleyes If you can't take a little humor, then maybe you need to get off the internet. Rolleyes

(09-20-2021, 11:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not reading past the “no.”

Of course not. You know you have no reason to think Brady would make a good HC except for 1 collegiate season in which he wasn't even a HC at that point. So, instead, don't read a dissenting viewpoint and call the other person a dick. Makes perfect sense. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
ZT is a clown. Worst coach in NFL history. Zero credentials, zero success, zero brains, zero humility.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:46 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Rolleyes Give me a break. Rolleyes If you can't take a little humor, then maybe you need to get off the internet. Rolleyes

Of course not. You know you have no reason to think Brady would make a good HC except for 1 collegiate season in which he wasn't even a HC at that point. So, instead, don't read a dissenting viewpoint and call the other person a dick. Makes perfect sense. Rolleyes

All I did was nicely ask you to stop using the annoying and snarky emojis in every single post. I even apologized for my “lol” earlier. I’m just trying to have a civil discussion here. But whatever, you do you.

Back on topic…If Brady has a nice season this year (say top half of the league) that will be two years of OC experience (only one less than McVay had). Now, Carolina’s offense wasn’t great last year, but he only had McCaffrey for 3 games. And while Bridgewater is a decent QB, he’s obviously not as good as Burrow. Some team might take a chance on him. I would like it to be us. You wouldn’t. That’s fine. There might be a bunch of other candidates I like better by then. Who knows. I would be very excited about hiring Brady though. He’s coached under Sean Payton, he’s done the passing game coordinator thing at LSU, and now he’s an OC at the NFL level, and he seems to have his team headed in the right direction.

We’ll see what happens the rest of the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:51 AM)740Bengal Wrote: ZT is a clown. Worst coach in NFL history. Zero credentials, zero success, zero brains, zero humility.

I agree (lol), but what are your thoughts on Joe Brady?

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:59 AM)TJ528 Wrote: i mean honestly, when KC hired Andy Reid, Philly fans thought that was the worst hire ever.

Look how it's turned out for them?  Reid was basically Marvin Lewis in Philly. 

Look at Arians.  No one considered him a success in Arizona.  Matter of fact, he was fired. 

Who's to say there's not a big name coach who wants another chance to redeem himself? 

I dont know who that is.  

Personally, I'd prefer Joe Brady.  At least he's been an OC.  He's being successful as an OC.  

Zac Taylor, the best he'd ever done was a QB coach in the NFL, and when he was OC in college he sucked at UC. 

Great point. Taylor actually had a lot of failures throughout his coaching career. I’m not entirely sure about Joe Brady’s coaching background, but I’m willing to bet it’s a considerably better resume than Zac’s.

That 2016 season at UC eerily resembles what we’re seeing with the Bengals now. Taylor and Coach Tupperware did a phenomenal job in ruining the football career of Gunner Kiel. Terrifies me of what Taylor and Co. could potentially do to Burrows career… Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All I did was nicely ask you to stop using the annoying and snarky emojis in every single post

Just because you asked, doesn't mean I have to follow suit. You asked, I answered. And I said No. I'm not going to change how or what I post just because someone doesn't like it (unless said someone is a mod).

(09-20-2021, 11:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m just trying to have a civil discussion here. But whatever, you do you.

Yes, calling someone a dick because they didn't do what you asked them to do is VERY civil. Rolleyes

(09-20-2021, 11:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Back on topic…If Brady has a nice season this year (say top half of the league) that will be two years of OC experience (only one less than McVay had). Now, Carolina’s offense wasn’t great last year, but he only had McCaffrey for 3 games. And while Bridgewater is a decent QB, he’s obviously not as good as Burrow. Some team might take a chance on him. I would like it to be us. You wouldn’t. That’s fine. There might be a bunch of other candidates I like better by then. Who knows. I would be very excited about hiring Brady though. He’s coached under Sean Payton, he’s done the passing game coordinator thing at LSU, and now he’s an OC at the NFL level, and he seems to have his team headed in the right direction.

We’ll see what happens the rest of the season.

Like i said, as an OC, I would love for Brady to come in and start calling plays. But, I don't see any reason to bring him in as HC except that Taylor needs replaced.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Just because you asked, doesn't mean I have to follow suit. You asked, I answered. And I said No. I'm not going to change how or what I post just because someone doesn't like it (unless said someone is a mod).

Yes, calling someone a dick because they didn't do what you asked them to do is VERY civil. Rolleyes

Like i said, as an OC, I would love for Brady to come in and start calling plays. But, I don't see any reason to bring him in as HC except that Taylor needs replaced.

Well, I did start the thread, so I don’t think it was that unreasonable to ask. And I said you were being a dick because you ignored my apology (and cut it out of the post you replied to).

But I’m tired of arguing with you about it. Post however you want. You’re certainly coming off great…

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, I did start the thread, so I don’t think it was that unreasonable to ask.

I didn't think it was unreasonable either. It was still my prerogative to say No. And that's all I did. (well, I added the rolling eyes emoji at the end to be funny).

(09-20-2021, 12:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And I said you were being a dick because you ignored my apology (and cut it out of the post you replied to).

Because I didn't care. I wasn't upset that you lol'd something. I wasn't offended by anything you said. No reason to address something that has no effect on me unless I can make a funny and/or stupid comment about it and I didn't feel like doing so there. 

(09-20-2021, 12:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But I’m tired of arguing with you about it. Post however you want. You’re certainly coming off great…

I think so, too. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Brady has a much better resume than Taylor did.  Brady has a proven successful track record, Taylor didnt.  Ive never understood the Taylor hire.  Taylor was a QB coach with nothing in his background that would make anyone think he was a great candidate.  In the few stops where Taylor was the OC, he sucked bad. So lets hire this guy as head coach and let him call plays?  Is anyone suprised the Bengals offense sucks with Taylor calling the offense when Taylor was never successful as an OC running an offense?  I dont know if Brady would end up being better or not but he has been successful running an offense where Taylor never has.

and please no talk about Leftwich.  The Tampa Bay offense isnt great because Leftwich is the O.C.  The offense is great because you have Tom Brady running that offense with weapons like Gronk, A.B., Goodwin, Evans, and now hes got Gio.

Likewise, Bieniemy's success is because he has Mahomes, Kelce, Hill etc.. and on top of that Bieniemy doesnt actually run the offense, Reid is the one that calls the offensive plays.  Im not suprised Bieniemy hasnt been hired as a head coach somewhere.  He doesnt have the resume
Reply/Quote
I hate to be a downer, but Brady is making a name for himself. First at LSU & now in Carolina. I don't think he'd consider coming to Cincinnati at all to be head coach. I get it, the ole adage, "There are only 32 jobs." That out of the way, I think that statement only holds true for guys like Zac who weren't on the radar of most NFL teams for getting a head coaching job. My memory is fuzzy, wasn't Marvin even getting overlooked despite his Ravens' success? The Bengals were a team that gave him an actual chance. When the season ends and there are a handful of openings, a guy like Joe Brady is going to have multiple opportunities. He'll pass on Cincinnati and the Brown family owned Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 01:17 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: and please no talk about Leftwich.  The Tampa Bay offense isnt great because Leftwich is the O.C.  The offense is great because you have Tom Brady running that offense with weapons like Gronk, A.B., Goodwin, Evans, and now hes got Gio.

Likewise, Bieniemy's success is because he has Mahomes, Kelce, Hill etc.. and on top of that Bieniemy doesnt actually run the offense, Reid is the one that calls the offensive plays.  Im not suprised Bieniemy hasnt been hired as a head coach somewhere.  He doesnt have the resume

I mean, if Winston wasn’t an absolute turnover machine in 2019 wouldn’t Tampa’s offense have been pretty damn good?. I remember them putting up huge numbers. They were like 3rd in YPG and PPG, iirc.

And it’s a weird argument that Bieniemy doesn’t have the resume. He has the resume to get the interviews, right? Teams are all completely aware Reid calls the plays when they bring him in, no? Yet teams still are interested in him until he meets with them. That sounds like he just doesn’t interview well to me.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 01:24 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I hate to be a downer, but Brady is making a name for himself. First at LSU & now in Carolina. I don't think he'd consider coming to Cincinnati at all to be head coach. I get it, the ole adage, "There are only 32 jobs." That out of the way, I think that statement only holds true for guys like Zac who weren't on the radar of most NFL teams for getting a head coaching job. My memory is fuzzy, wasn't Marvin even getting overlooked despite his Ravens' success? The Bengals were a team that gave him an actual chance. When the season ends and there are a handful of openings, a guy like Joe Brady is going to have multiple opportunities. He'll pass on Cincinnati and the Brown family owned Bengals.

Burrow and Chase being here would have to be at least somewhat tempting for him.

Reply/Quote
And Moss....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 01:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow and Chase being here would have to be at least somewhat tempting for him.

Agreed and I almost posted as much, but decided not to since other NFL teams will also have good QBs and WRs; the big difference being Burrow and Chase were Brady's LSU guys.

I think a likely future Bengals head coach is Bieniemy since everyone in the league is passing him over. He's the guy that has to jump at the Bengals opportunity since there are only limited positions. Guys like Brady, Leftwich, and other hot commodities will go elsewhere.

Anyhow, this is all way too early speculation since Mikey is bullish on Zac as head coach.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 01:17 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Brady has a much better resume than Taylor did.  Brady has a proven successful track record, Taylor didnt.  

At this point, no he doesn't. All he has is that he's been a better OC than Taylor was at this respective point in his career. Aside from being a better OC, they're resume's are almost identical, prior to this season. After this season, Brady will have been an OC for longer in both the pros and college. But, that still isn't that much of a resume.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 01:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean, if Winston wasn’t an absolute turnover machine in 2019 wouldn’t Tampa’s offense have been pretty damn good?. I remember them putting up huge numbers. They were like 3rd in YPG and PPG, iirc.

And it’s a weird argument that Bieniemy doesn’t have the resume. He has the resume to get the interviews, right? Teams are all completely aware Reid calls the plays when they bring him in, no? Yet teams still are interested in him until he meets with them. That sounds like he just doesn’t interview well to me.

Bruce Arians was the one calling the offensive plays in 2019.  Since Tom Brady came to the team in 2020, it has been Brady calling the shots.  Brady is the QB and he is the one responsible for running that Tampa Bay offense.  There was a big stink up about this last year when Tampa Bay was stuggling and Brady thought the playbook was outdated.  Brady putting his stamp on the offense wining a Super Bowl showed he was right.

Bieniemy being interviewed so much might be due to the Rooney Rule.  Teams may not be all that interested but they interview him anyway
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This thread is not about how bad the OL sucked against the Bears, or Burrow throwing 3 picks. Both were a major reason we lost, but that’s not what this is about. There will be plenty of other places to cover that. Ad nauseam.

No, this is about Taylor’s play calling. It was horrendous. Just so vanilla, and uninspiring. It often feels like defenses know EXACTLY what is coming with him. Going back to last year, and the year before.

So here’s the question, if we fire Taylor mid-season, or this offseason, how would you feel about Brady as our next HC? He’s got the Panthers offense humming with Sam Darnold of all people. He would obviously have a far better QB here with Burrow. And we know what they did together at LSU.

So would you be willing to take a shot on another young offensive minded up and coming coach, or would you want a more established retread type guy?

I’ll throw up a poll to vote on. I have a feeling people are going to lean towards the more proven HC route, but Joe Brady is going to be a very hot name if he continues to have success in Carolina. I’ve heard some mention he doesn’t interview all that well, but I’m beyond tired of hearing that as an excuse to pass on guys like him or Eric Bieniemy. I’m sure Zac Taylor can dazzle and bullshit with the best of them, but the guy sure as hell doesn’t have the coaching/play calling thing down.

All for Joe Brady and it seems like the perfect fit if Taylor doesn't get his shit together. We have the guys he broke records with.

Also for a HC with experience just the same though if Taylor still sucks.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:11 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Bruce Arians was the one calling the offensive plays in 2019.  Since Tom Brady came to the team in 2020, it has been Brady calling the shots.  Brady is the QB and he is the one responsible for running that Tampa Bay offense.  There was a big stink up about this last year when Tampa Bay was stuggling and Brady thought the playbook was outdated.  Brady putting his stamp on the offense wining a Super Bowl showed he was right.

Bieniemy being interviewed so much might be due to the Rooney Rule.  Teams may not be all that interested but they interview him anyway

But Leftwich was still the OC in 2019.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But Leftwich was still the OC in 2019.

He was but like Bieniemy he was not responsible for running that offense.  In both cases it was the head coach running the offenses.   It would be like trying to give blame or credit to Brian Callahan for what the Bengals offense does or doesnt do.  Ultimately the blame or credit falls on Zac Taylor because regardless of whatever title he gave to Callahan, it is Taylor calling the shots for the Bengals Offense.

I really believe Zac Taylor is one of the most unqualified people to ever be hired as an NFL head coach.  His resume, what little he had was mostly bad.  He should have never been a candidate much less hired as the head coach.   He wasnt even a coordinator, he was a position coach.  In the brief time in his coaching history that he was an O.C., he was horrible.  He is still bad.  He needs to be fired.
Reply/Quote
Out of curiosity, if not Taylor and not Brady, who are some candidates people would like to see that are realistic?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote