Poll: Would you want Joe Brady as our next HC?
Yes. He’s the real deal, and what we thought we were getting in Taylor.
No. I’d rather have an experienced HC this time.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Joe Brady?
(09-20-2021, 09:17 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Haven't read through the thread, but I don't get people's fascination with going with yet another unproven, before-he's-ready HC. Sure, Brady sure likes like a much better OC than Zac ever was (or will be), but besides the fact Burrow was successful in college with Brady, what, if anything, says Brady is ready to be a HC of ANY team let alone the Bengals?

Please, someone enlighten me as to why Brady is more ready to be a HC than Zac was or of any the other more established NFL coordinators.

Sure, I'll take him as an OC in a heartbeat. But Head Coach? No thanks.

Agree 100 % this is Brady’s 1st year as an NFL coordinator. Zac Taylor resume is scary bad he was a quarterbacks coach with Rams. We hired a head coach who wasn’t even a coordinator. I want the next head coach to have multiple years as a proven NFL play caller.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:27 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Seriously. If Brady continues to make the Panthers offense look good after 3 or more seasons, then sure, give him a shot, but as of right now? No.

3 or more seasons? Lol

That’s not how the NFL works. He’ll probably have a HC job next year if he continues to have success. Especially with a reclamation project at QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because proven HC’s are just lining up to work for Mike Brown, right?

There's only 32 teams and HC is one of the greatest jobs one can aspire to be. This statement isn't legit. Good talking points to slam MB, but not legit at all. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 3 or more seasons? Lol

That’s not how the NFL works. He’ll probably have a HC job next year if he continues to have success. Especially with a reclamation project at QB.

Brady is likely only an option this quick for this fanbase, and that is because of Burrow/Chase etc. 

A number of young HC candidates are likely ahead of him everywhere else including E.B, Leftwich etc. 

A nice experienced HC hire would be someone like Todd Bowles.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:34 AM)jj22 Wrote: There's only 32 teams and HC is one of the greatest jobs one can aspire to be. This statement isn't legit. Good talking points to slam MB, but not legit at all. 

It’s absolutely legit. There’s only 32 DC jobs as well, but that didn’t stop like 6 different guys from turning down the job.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because proven HC’s are just lining up to work for Mike Brown, right?

So our only option is to go with an unproven guy who had a good year in college with Burrow and a decent year with the Panthers last year as OC?

Why not go with Burrow's HC from college? At least, he has HC experience.

Seriously, though, can't get a proven HC, get a coordinator with multiple years of NFL experience.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

they will if the Cash is right...    We have an attractive Roster at the moment...    

But i dont mean just proven HC's but at least a decent resume in the NFL  ie Coordinator. with some success.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: Brady is likely only an option this quick for this fanbase, and that is because of Burrow/Chase etc. 

A number of young HC candidates are likely ahead of him everywhere else including E.B, Leftwich etc. 

A nice experienced HC hire would be someone like Todd Bowles.

I’d be happy with any of those guys. Leftwitch would be very intriguing. But you’re wrong about only Bengals fans being interested in Brady. He’s quickly becoming a hot name.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:23 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Ocho, here's my problem with your statement above. 

Everyone on here during the off season was saying, this is a different organization.  Mike Browns no longer involved.  They aren't doing things like they did in the 90's and 2000's...blah blah blah....

If this is true, then the Bengals will belly up the money and hire a head coach that has success in the NFL no matter the cost.  

Otherwise, Elizabeth is just basically spouting BS when she saying "It's a New Dey, We have New Stripes".  

Great marketing, now show us your family can actually run a professional football team finally. 

How often do experienced NFL head coaches with proven success hit the market?
Very, very rarely.

What proven NFL coaches are going to be available this year that you would trust to improve the franchise?
(Not a snarky comment, genuinely asking)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 3 or more seasons? Lol

I bet you he won't. The only ones who think he's ready to be a HC are Bengals fans.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:38 AM)PhilHos Wrote: So our only option is to go with an unproven guy who had a good year in college with Burrow and a decent year with the Panthers last year as OC?

Why not go with Burrow's HC from college? At least, he has HC experience.

Seriously, though, can't get a proven HC, get a coordinator with multiple years of NFL experience.

You must not be paying attention to whats going on in down in Jacksonville. Being a proven HC in college means nothing at the NFL level.

And Brady would have multiple years experience by next season.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d be happy with any of those guys. Leftwitch would be very intriguing. But you’re wrong about only Bengals fans being interested in Brady. He’s quickly becoming a hot name.

I was interested in Leftwitch last year as well...    Hes doing well down there in tampa...  he might be ready for the next step...

(Frazier's Defense has been really good in buffalo.    Is he ready for another shot?)   
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: How often do experienced NFL head coaches with proven success hit the market?
Very, very rarely.

What proven NFL coaches are going to be available this year that you would trust to improve the franchise?

Dennis Allen
Todd Bowles
Gus Bradley 
Doug Pederson 
Bill O'Brien (not as GM).
Jason Garrett 

Are we talking experience or success. Success, it's going to be hard to find because they do keep their jobs for the most part (Reid and McCarthy the exceptions). Second stops can be great for those HC's that showed more than ZT but didn't get the time to change the culture of the team and build it. 

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: they will if the Cash is right...    We have an attractive Roster at the moment...    

But i dont mean just proven HC's but at least a decent resume in the NFL  ie Coordinator. with some success.

Well, I did say exactly that in the OP…

but Joe Brady is going to be a very hot name if he continues to have success in Carolina.

I certainly don’t think we’d be able to wait “3 more seasons” or whatever though. He’ll already have a HC job by then. And you have to look at the context of what he’s working with. Sam Darnold literally looked like a total bust before Brady and Rhule got ahold of him.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: How often do experienced NFL head coaches with proven success hit the market?
Very, very rarely.

I’m sure we could get some retread like Jason Garrett. But that would basically be like going back to Marvin, imo. Good but not great. And definitely not someone you’re going to win a Super Bowl with.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:43 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I bet you he won't. The only ones who think he's ready to be a HC are Bengals fans.

He’s already interviewed with multiple teams (Jets, Eagles, Falcons, Texans). And that was before he had Sam Darnold playing well. There will be plenty more interviews in his near future.

Reply/Quote
Very, very rarely.

i mean honestly, when KC hired Andy Reid, Philly fans thought that was the worst hire ever.

Look how it's turned out for them?  Reid was basically Marvin Lewis in Philly. 

Look at Arians.  No one considered him a success in Arizona.  Matter of fact, he was fired. 

Who's to say there's not a big name coach who wants another chance to redeem himself? 

I dont know who that is.  

Personally, I'd prefer Joe Brady.  At least he's been an OC.  He's being successful as an OC.  

Zac Taylor, the best he'd ever done was a QB coach in the NFL, and when he was OC in college he sucked at UC. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:59 AM)TJ528 Wrote: i mean honestly, when KC hired Andy Reid, Philly fans thought that was the worst hire ever.

Look at Arians.  No one considered him a success in Arizona.  Matter of fact, he was fired. 

Who's to say there's not a big name coach who wants another chance to redeem himself? 

I dont know who that is.  

Personally, I'd prefer Joe Brady.  At least he's been an OC.  He's being successful as an OC.  

Zac Taylor, the best he'd ever done was a QB coach in the NFL, and when he was OC in college he sucked at UC. 

Philly fans are idiots. How many NFCCG’s did he take them to?

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:46 AM)jj22 Wrote: Dennis Allen
Todd Bowles
Gus Bradley 
Doug Pederson 
Bill O'Brien (not as GM).
Jason Garrett 

Are we talking experience or success. Success, it's going to be hard to find because they do keep their jobs for the most part (Reid and McCarthy the exceptions). Second stops can be great for those HC's that showed more than ZT but didn't get the time to change the culture of the team and build it. 

Experience AND success.

And that's my point. The guys who have both are usually kept at their job.

I don't care to have a bad HC just because he has experience.

Doug Pederson might be someone I'd wanna bring in.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:59 AM)TJ528 Wrote: i mean honestly, when KC hired Andy Reid, Philly fans thought that was the worst hire ever.

I dont know who that is.  

Philly fans may have thought that, but Reid had many postseason wins and even a SB appearance in Philly.
Arians too.
A majority of the experienced HCs that become available have never won a playoff game.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote