Poll: Would you want Joe Brady as our next HC?
Yes. He’s the real deal, and what we thought we were getting in Taylor.
No. I’d rather have an experienced HC this time.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Joe Brady?
(09-19-2021, 09:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I started this thread to talk about a specific candidate. Which you’ve now made multiple posts without addressing.

What are your thoughts on Joe Brady?

Tee Higgins fumbled.....

I addressed the spirit of the thread and that it's "ad nasium". As to Joe Brady; No thanks, we need someone that has skins.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I said in a thread a few days ago I was gonna quit busting on Zac and give it a few games to see what happens. I take that back.

As others have said in numerous threads Zac Taylor is in way over his head. He's like a 2 year old trying to ride a 10 speed. He needs to be in the unemployment line in the morning, I don't need to see anymore.

I'd take Brady in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:31 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I heard Howie Long say to the “doesn’t interview well” remark “who cares? Does he know HOW to coach? Does he connect with his players?” And that just really makes sense to me.

I’d be all for bringing Joe Brady in. The downside to him though could also be what’s held ZT back with veteran coach hires. Does he have connections in the coaching ranks yet? How would he fill out his staff? Would we be doing this aaaaaaaaallllllllll over again, with no proven position coaches wanting to chance their careers by signing on with  an unproven HC? Or say Carolina goes deep into the playoffs. Like the Rams did the year we hired the glorified car salesman. And he doesn’t have much of a chance to hire someone of note.

Our D Coach Lou might be here next year with a job while the head coach might be jobless. So you might not need to build the whole staff just the offensive side.
Reply/Quote
The problem with an "experienced" HC is that it'd be very unlikely for any to come to Cincinnati.
I think it'd have to be a good OC/DC (not position coach) who hasn't been a HC yet and looking for an opportunity.
Joe Brady or Eric Bieniemy are two logical choices due to their ties to the Bengals.
But whoever is the HC next year better draft a good OL in the 1st round. Burrow is getting hit way too much (some of which is his own fault) for this offense to have any consistency.
I'd prefer an OC that knows how to attack downfield some.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:01 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Our D Coach Lou might be here next year with a job while the head coach might be jobless. So you might not need to build the whole staff just the offensive side.

I know I've been tough on Anarumo the past two seasons, but he has (slowly) improved the defense from where it was two years ago.
The run defense has looked good the past two games.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But whoever is the HC next year better draft a good OL in the 1st round. Burrow is getting hit way too much (some of which is his own fault) for this offense to have any consistency.
No we need a tight end. Tight end first round.

A tight end will open up the run game!

Frank pollack, baby!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I know I've been tough on Anarumo the past two seasons, but he has (slowly) improved the defense from where it was two years ago.
The run defense has looked good the past two games.

Don't want to deny Lou any credit, but to be fair this team shelled out a LOT of cash on the defensive side of the ball.  This defense is still allowing the same back-breaking third and long conversions.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
BTW Taylor had an interview before the season started and was asked if Brian our OC would get to call any plays this year. Taylor said no that it is not in the cards....If Taylor gets fired I hope we get a chance to see Callahan call some plays for a few games to see what he is about.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The problem with an "experienced" HC is that it'd be very unlikely for any to come to Cincinnati.
I think it'd have to be a good OC/DC (not position coach) who hasn't been a HC yet and looking for an opportunity.
Joe Brady or Eric Bieniemy are two logical choices due to their ties to the Bengals.
But whoever is the HC next year better draft a good OL in the 1st round. Burrow is getting hit way too much (some of which is his own fault) for this offense to have any consistency.

Can’t keep relying solely on the draft to address the OL. It has to be priority #1 in FA. Overpay some guys if you have to.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:04 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Don't want to deny Lou any credit, but to be fair this team shelled out a LOT of cash on the defensive side of the ball.  This defense is still allowing the same back-breaking third and long conversions.

They spent a lot of money on the defense and used a lot of high draft picks on the offense. Both have a lot of investment.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can’t keep relying solely on the draft to address the OL. It has to be priority #1 in FA. Overpay some guys if you have to.

It's their fault that they took a guy in the 2nd round then decided to switch his position. There's going to be time needed to learn the new position.
They did have enough cap space to get a good OL in FA though.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don’t know if Brady is the answer but I’m all for giving it a shot. Hard to take this crap again.
Reply/Quote
I’m fast approaching the same place with Zac Taylor as I was with Marvin Lewis: anybody but him.

But yes, I’d take Joe Brady in a heartbeat
Reply/Quote
Haven't read through the thread, but I don't get people's fascination with going with yet another unproven, before-he's-ready HC. Sure, Brady sure likes like a much better OC than Zac ever was (or will be), but besides the fact Burrow was successful in college with Brady, what, if anything, says Brady is ready to be a HC of ANY team let alone the Bengals?

Please, someone enlighten me as to why Brady is more ready to be a HC than Zac was or of any the other more established NFL coordinators.

Sure, I'll take him as an OC in a heartbeat. But Head Coach? No thanks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:17 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Haven't read through the thread, but I don't get people's fascination with going with yet another unproven, before-he's-ready HC. Sure, Brady sure likes like a much better OC than Zac ever was (or will be), but besides the fact Burrow was successful in college with Brady, what, if anything, says Brady is ready to be a HC of ANY team let alone the Bengals?

Please, someone enlighten me as to why Brady is more ready to be a HC than Zac was or of any the other more established NFL coordinators.

Sure, I'll take him as an OC in a heartbeat. But Head Coach? No thanks.

exactly.

Give me someone with a Positive resume in the NFL please
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The problem with an "experienced" HC is that it'd be very unlikely for any to come to Cincinnati.

Ocho, here's my problem with your statement above. 

Everyone on here during the off season was saying, this is a different organization.  Mike Browns no longer involved.  They aren't doing things like they did in the 90's and 2000's...blah blah blah....

If this is true, then the Bengals will belly up the money and hire a head coach that has success in the NFL no matter the cost.  

Otherwise, Elizabeth is just basically spouting BS when she saying "It's a New Dey, We have New Stripes".  

Great marketing, now show us your family can actually run a professional football team finally. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Maybe when Zac was working on his game plan for this week his Madden game had a glitch and only gave him like 4 offensive plays to choose from.   Ninja

Someone replaced Zac's Madden playbook with the one from Tecmo Bowl.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: exactly.

Seriously. If Brady continues to make the Panthers offense look good after 3 or more seasons, then sure, give him a shot, but as of right now? No.
Reply/Quote
We've went the unproven route. My bet is on MB over-correcting when it's time to replace ZT and that will be with a retread HC with some experience.

The issue with unproven coaches like ZT and Brady is - do they have the relationships to bring in a good coaching staff. ZT didn't, which is why we ended up being Miami Dolphins circa 2013 of the mid west as all his coaching friends came from one stop, and we don't know if Brady has much more coaching relationships.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: exactly.

Because proven HC’s are just lining up to work for Mike Brown, right?

Reply/Quote