Poll: Would you want Joe Brady as our next HC?
Yes. He’s the real deal, and what we thought we were getting in Taylor.
No. I’d rather have an experienced HC this time.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Joe Brady?
(09-19-2021, 07:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Some old defensive player said of the patriots that, and I’m paraphrasing,

“The colts and Peyton Manning would always try to trick you. With the patriots, you knew what they were gonna do, it’s just that they would execute perfectly. Every little thing”

The patriots always had top tier offensive lines

But I digress

Poor arguement they meant Tom would get the ball out fast and target his RBs alot.

Today through 3 quarters Zac Taylor literally said we are only going to pass when we go empty and stack it up to run and go under center to run. No passes with the RB in the backfield, no screens, no misdirects...

Could the Line have played better yes... but Zac made it 10x harder on them than it should have been.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I literally said this thread is not for that. Start your own thread to discuss the OL. This is about coaching.

Sorry,wasn't trying to poop on the thread, it just isn't going to fix anything to have a different guy saying "ok, here's all the things we can't do because our offense only works if everybody on the opposing defense goes away from us
"
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:22 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya this dude is something,  thats for sure.....

Ok keyboard tough guy! You done threatening people in the GDT yet? Lol

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:24 PM)Benton Wrote: Sorry,wasn't trying to poop on the thread, it just isn't going to fix anything to have a different guy saying "ok, here's all the things we can't do because our offense only works if everybody on the opposing defense goes away from us
"

The offense wasn’t limiting last week. Today Taylor just had a terrible game plan, and he stuck with it until it was too late.

He’s also supposed to be this big QB guru (working with Goff got him a HC job), so you’d like to see Burrow take serious strides forward under his coaching…

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ok keyboard tough guy! You done threatening people in the GDT yet? Lol

Who did I threaten? Lol.. I only respond. Never go seeking people out like you and your buddy...
Reply/Quote
Maybe when Zac was working on his game plan for this week his Madden game had a glitch and only gave him like 4 offensive plays to choose from. Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I was hoping they would have brought him in with Burrow but I guess it made too much sense for this organization. It’s a shame.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:24 PM)Benton Wrote: Sorry,wasn't trying to poop on the thread, it just isn't going to fix anything to have a different guy saying "ok, here's all the things we can't do because our offense only works if everybody on the opposing defense goes away from us
"

The Oline certainly needs improved. ZT has had 3 years to do so and failed. Offensive play calling can also make an offensive line look a bit better than they are but ZT just isn't a good play caller. He never has, never will be, and has never done anything at any level to ever show he's a great offensive mind. 

Brady and numerous other coaches have. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:34 PM)Tony Wrote: I got my buds on here... someone like u will never be that and I guarantee in real life you wouldn't say shit toi me... I guarantee it..

(09-19-2021, 07:33 PM)Tony Wrote: Who did I threaten? Lol.. I only respond. Never go seeking people out like you and your buddy...

Yeah, you’re right. You weren’t acting like an internet tough guy at all…

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To what? A thread wanting to replace Zac?

So where are all these other threads? How ‘bout you dutch oven another thread if you have no contribution to make?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:23 PM)Synric Wrote: Poor arguement they meant Tom would get the ball out fast and target his RBs alot.

Today through 3 quarters Zac Taylor literally said we are only going to pass when we go empty and stack it up to run and go under center to run. No passes with the RB in the backfield, no screens, no misdirects...

Could the Line have played better yes... but Zac made it 10x harder on them than it should have been.

Exactly. Was obvious what we we were going to do and the lack of screens and misdirects drives me insane.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bieniemy took an interview here. And that was before we even had Burrow. Now if you’re talking about proven HC’s, then sure, we’ll have trouble landing one of those. But Bieniemy is one of the hottest names in the league.

True. He’s a hot name. But he’s been passed up by every other team for the past 3 years. He’s an unknown at this point.

I meant that proven coaches typically aren’t looking to come here. Proven DCs want to go coach for a winner. Proven head coaches go for an organization with a good track record. Maybe Burrow makes it a more attractive destination to some. But we’re always looking for an up and comer.
Reply/Quote
Jeff Lebby , Ole Miss OC as our OC.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:06 PM)J24 Wrote: I want a defensive minded coach.

(09-19-2021, 07:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I could be open to that. Our defense does seem much closer at this point.  As long as he hires a better OC than Taylor. Which shouldn’t be too hard.
 I want a coach that knows what he is doing. Particularly in the personal department. To me the biggest problem with Zac is that he overvalues his system and underrates how important the players are.

We need a coach that understands great players when championships. With that being said we need the whole organization to buy into philosophy as well.

I'm going to get shit for saying this but a lot of the nonsense that has happened during the last three seasons didn't happen under Marvin.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Flashbacks of Bob Bratkowski

1st down - run for 1
2nd down- run for 2
3rd down- incomplete
Punt

Rinse and repeat next drive.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:17 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: So where are all these other threads? How ‘bout you dutch oven another thread if you have no contribution to make?
[Image: real-nice.gif]

Just hit the back arrow
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:25 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Flashbacks of Bob Bratkowski

1st down - run for 1
2nd down- run for 2
3rd down- incomplete
Punt

Rinse and repeat next drive.

I mean, Zac had like 3 or 4 lunches with Sean McVay. I can’t believe this isn’t working…

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: real-nice.gif]

Just hit the back arrow

I started this thread to talk about a specific candidate. Which you’ve now made multiple posts without addressing.

What are your thoughts on Joe Brady?

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:06 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: He's young. I'm guessing he relates to them well and is probably easy going. At least the sense I get. That doesn't make it facts, just guesswork on my part. Whatever the reason, they do seem to love the guy. If Zac could just be half as good at coaching, we might be in a better spot.

That’s the problem. Zac Taylor is the team’s friend. The best head coaches in NFL history were men on a mission with unresolved anger issues. The entire roster feared them. Zac Taylor is as fearsome as a pink-dyed French poodle with a bow on its head, a bedazzled collar, and its ass shaved.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s the problem. Zac Taylor is the team’s friend. The best head coaches in NFL history were men on a mission with unresolved anger issues. The entire roster feared them. Zac Taylor is as fearsome as a pink-dyed French poodle with a bow on its head, a bedazzled collar, and its ass shaved.

Being a hardass is not a prerequisite for being an all time great coach. Andy Reid doesn’t coach that way. And he’s as good as it gets.

Reply/Quote