Poll: Would you want Joe Brady as our next HC?
Yes. He’s the real deal, and what we thought we were getting in Taylor.
No. I’d rather have an experienced HC this time.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Joe Brady?
(09-19-2021, 06:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hope it was implied that I found a thread started about replacing Zac while complaining about the frequency of other type threads to be silly.

Can you say truthfully that those threads aren’t warranted? What about Zac’s resume tells you he’s going to be a good coach?

I’ve had an open mind this year. He almost lost us the game week 1. Week 2, his game plan was atrocious. Can he redeem himself week 3?

To me, all I have seen is his players win in spite of him in week 1, then regress in week 2 because of a bad game plan. Hope to see things improve. But my open mind is starting to draw conclusions, based on what I’m seeing. Those conclusions are the offensive line isn’t good, and Zac is not a good coach. Lots of evidence for these conclusions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:51 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Can you say truthfully that those threads aren’t warranted? What about Zac’s resume tells you he’s going to be a good coach?

I’ve had an open mind this year. He almost lost us the game week 1. Week 2, his game plan was atrocious. Can he redeem himself week 3?

To me, all I have seen is his players win in spite of him in week 1, then regress in week 2 because of a bad game plan. Hope to see things improve. But my open mind is starting to draw conclusions, based on what I’m seeing. Those conclusions are the offensive line isn’t good, and Zac is not a good coach. Lots of evidence for these conclusions.

Not one thing in Zac's resume tells me he's going to be a good coach. Matter of fact I hated the hire from day one and hated it even more when we failed to surround him with veteran coordinators. I simply found the "ad nausium" about other threads to be funny.

WTS, the players seem to love playing for the dude. Why? Who the hell knows. Of course I liked Marvin more than most around here. So maybe Zac's replacement will be a bigger upgrade than Zac was to Marvin. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
No thanks on Joe Brady. I prefer if they continue with a wide zone offense with a new coach.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:57 PM)Synric Wrote: No thanks on Joe Brady. I prefer if they continue with a wide zone offense with a new coach.

You need a good o-line to execute the wide zone offense
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not one thing in Zac's resume tells me he's going to be a good coach. Matter of fact I hated the hire from day one and hated it even more when we failed to surround him with veteran coordinators. I simply found the "ad nausium" about other threads to be funny.

WTS, the players seem to love playing for the dude. Why? Who the hell knows. Of course I liked Marvin more than most around here. So maybe Zac's replacement will be a bigger upgrade than Zac was to Marvin. 

One can only hope. Doesn’t seem like high profile coaches want to come here..
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:11 PM)Benton Wrote: Until you fix the line, you're going to have a limited playbook. ZT may not be a good coach, but it doesn't really matter with a bad line.

Could utilize screens if the D is always going to push upfield. ZT calls maybe one a game so far. Bears DBs were just sitting on our routes all day. ZT with no creativity. The Bears were just sitting on the routes.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You need a good o-line to execute the wide zone offense

You need a solid offensive line to execute any offense. Today was more the coach telegraphing the plays more than it was on the offensive line no matter how much you push your narrative.

As to my post I prefer the wide zone because of its versatility.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not one thing in Zac's resume tells me he's going to be a good coach. Matter of fact I hated the hire from day one and hated it even more when we failed to surround him with veteran coordinators. I simply found the "ad nausium" about other threads to be funny.

He's young. I'm guessing he relates to them well and is probably easy going. At least the sense I get. That doesn't make it facts, just guesswork on my part. Whatever the reason, they do seem to love the guy. If Zac could just be half as good at coaching, we might be in a better spot.
Reply/Quote
I want a defensive minded coach.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To what? A thread wanting to replace Zac?

Joe Brady is getting his name out there early in Carolina. Many thought Darnold was a lost cause, and he has him playing very well. So it’s intriguing to me to think about what he could do here with Burrow. If that doesn’t interest you, don’t post. Or give your opinion why you’re against it.

What you did brings absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:05 PM)Synric Wrote: You need a solid offensive line to execute any offense. Today was more the coach telegraphing the plays more than it was on the offensive line no matter how much you push your narrative.

As to my post prefer I the wide zone because of its versatility.

My narrative?

Burrow is on pace to be the most sacked qb in a season.

What a silly narrative I have
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:00 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: One can only hope. Doesn’t seem like high profile coaches want to come here..

Bieniemy took an interview here. And that was before we even had Burrow. Now if you’re talking about proven HC’s, then sure, we’ll have trouble landing one of those. But Bieniemy is one of the hottest names in the league.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:05 PM)Synric Wrote: You need a solid offensive line to execute any offense. Today was more the coach telegraphing the plays more than it was on the offensive line no matter how much you push your narrative.

As to my post I prefer the wide zone because of its versatility.

The OLine has to play better, period. Especially if your young QB holds it too long sometimes and your head coach telegraphs his plays. Yes, that's a lot to ask of them. However, that's how it is right now. Burrow getting sacked 5 times a game isn't going to get it done. That's not a narrative, that's just the truth.
Reply/Quote
I'd take Brady in a heartbeat, but I never for 1 second had an ounce of confidence in Zac....
Reply/Quote
Bienemy doesn’t know how to coach with a bad o-line

Remember the super bowl?

No thanks, Bienemy
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:13 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: The OLine has to play better, period. Especially if your young QB holds it too long sometimes and your head coach telegraphs his plays. Yes, that's a lot to ask of them. However, that's how it is right now. Burrow getting sacked 5 times a game isn't going to get it done. That's not a narrative, that's just the truth.

Us and our crazy narratives about the offensive line. Silly us!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:06 PM)J24 Wrote: I want a defensive minded coach.

I could be open to that. Our defense does seem much closer at this point. As long as he hires a better OC than Taylor. Which shouldn’t be too hard.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: My narrative?

Burrow is on pace to be the most sacked qb in a season.

What a silly narrative I have

You cannot telegraph your offense and expect and offensive line to be good that's not how the NFL works.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:15 PM)Synric Wrote: You cannot telegraph your offense and expect and offensive line to be good that's not how the NFL works.

Some old defensive player said of the patriots, that, and I’m paraphrasing,

“The colts and Peyton Manning would always try to trick you. With the patriots, you knew what they were gonna do, it’s just that they would execute perfectly. Every little thing”

The patriots always had top tier offensive lines

But I digress
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hope it was implied that I found a thread started about replacing Zac while complaining about the frequency of other type threads to be silly.

Ya this dude is something,  thats for sure.....

HOW many times did Zac call Run, Run , Pass today?? This might have been the worst playcalling of Zacs career. That's saying something...
Reply/Quote