Poll: Would you want Joe Brady as our next HC?
Yes. He’s the real deal, and what we thought we were getting in Taylor.
No. I’d rather have an experienced HC this time.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Joe Brady?
(09-20-2021, 02:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Out of curiosity, if not Taylor and not Brady, who are some candidates people would like to see that are realistic?

Wade Phillips I say again...

Then let him bring in whoever he wants at OC.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Out of curiosity, if not Taylor and not Brady, who are some candidates people would like to see that are realistic?

This guy on Reddit put together a pretty good list.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/prvoeh/waytoearly_head_coaching_candidates_just_in_case/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wade Phillips I say again...

He’s getting a little long in the tooth (74) to be a HC. The hours are pretty crazy.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wade Phillips I say again...

Would he want more control then the Browns and Tobin would be willing to give?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This guy on Reddit put together a pretty good list.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/prvoeh/waytoearly_head_coaching_candidates_just_in_case/

Very good list he put together. I think my favorite on the list would be Brian Daboll: Offensive Coordinator, Buffalo Bills

Led the Bills from the 30th ranked offense when he took over to the 2nd ranked offense last year. Josh Allen went from extreme project to MVP candidate under his tutelage.

Plus he isn't a new upstart guy, been in the league for several years.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wade Phillips I say again...

I wouldn't mind Wade Phillips but that means we can't miss on the coordinators.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Is Bill Cowher realistic?  probably not but he would get my vote.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:58 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Is Bill Cowher realistic?  probably not but he would get my vote.

You want a guy that’s been out of the league for 15 years?

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This guy on Reddit put together a pretty good list.

I know there's been discussion around him before but I wouldn't mind giving Darrin Simmons a shot. His special teams have almost always been well coached. Be interesting who his coordinator choices would be.

Matt Eberflaus is another intriguing candidate as is Don "Wink" Martindale.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You want a guy that’s been out of the league for 15 years?

I still think he could get it done.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:04 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I still think he could get it done.

Certainly would do a better job than Zac. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I know there's been discussion around him before but I wouldn't mind giving Darrin Simmons a shot. His special teams have almost always been well coached. Be interesting who his coordinator choices would be.

The bright side to Simmons is that he is used to dealing with the handicap that is the Brown family ownership group. That is a real value.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The bright side to Simmons is that he is used to dealing with the handicap that is the Brown family ownership group. That is a real value.

Do you think he'd want to keep his duties as special teams coordinator? Ninja
Reply/Quote
Please no 1st time HCs. We need to bring
In a HC that has been successful at
The NFL level. Hiring a HC with a resume
Of .500 and over football means you can bring
Better assistants also.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:28 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Please no 1st time HCs. We need to bring
In a HC that has been successful at
The NFL level. Hiring a HC with a resume
Of .500  and over football means you can bring
Better assistants also.

Jason Garrett

Brian Billick

Marvin Lewis
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:42 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Another losing season and I'm sure Burrow will be singing a different tune.

They can always keep Taylor on-staff as a cheerleading waterboy!

Honestly, I don't Zac employed at any position in this organization.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s getting a little long in the tooth (74) to be a HC. The hours are pretty crazy.

(09-20-2021, 02:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Would he want more control then the Browns and Tobin would be willing to give?

These are the questions with Wade.

(09-20-2021, 02:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Very good list he put together. I think my favorite on the list would be Brian Daboll: Offensive Coordinator, Buffalo Bills

Led the Bills from the 30th ranked offense when he took over to the 2nd ranked offense last year. Josh Allen went from extreme project to MVP candidate under his tutelage.

Plus he isn't a new upstart guy, been in the league for several years.

Yes, I like Daboll myself. Could really help out our Offense which right now is looking rough to say the least.

Just saw that XSF is dinged up and he didn't have a good game against the Bears at all. I think a good move would be to 
start Carman and Trey Hill. They need the reps and Hopkins is clearly not the same as he was before the injury. Perfect 
time to give Carman some starts with XSF being dinged up.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is bigger than the Bengals. Brady is the path to buying time before a trade demand.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I know there's been discussion around him before but I wouldn't mind giving Darrin Simmons a shot. His special teams have almost always been well coached. Be interesting who his coordinator choices would be.

Eberflus is an intriguing candidate. When the Josh Daniels drama was happening, Eberflus was strongly recommended to Reich by the Colts FO. A lot of his defensive players have spoken highly of his coaching style.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Someone said this earlier but I think it is the root issue with this question. Some people are worried that going for another young coach could put us right back where we are at. However, I think with a QB on a rookie contract you have to go big or go home. There are no former NFL HC with the chops to get us in the playoffs. If this defense keeps up I think it's fairly obvious that the red carpet should be rolled out for Joe Brady and Lou should be kept around. Honestly if we finish bottom 10 we could draft an elite corner or offensive lineman and be an immediate playoff contender.
Reply/Quote