Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow: 'I've won everywhere'
'A lot of the people in my area became LSU fans when I went down there, and If I happen to be the 1st pick this year, I'm coming back home and I think that'll make a lot of people feel a lot better.'

'Teams are picking at the top for a reason and I feel like I've won everywhere I've ever been and that if anybody can do it, I can do it.'

'I want to get drafted to a good organization that is going to maximize my talents. I've won everywhere that I've been and never had a losing season in sports from the moment I was five years old. I'm not a loser, I just want to go somewhere where I can win.'

Starts around 33 minutes - https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Shaq-talks-to-LSU-quarterback-and-projected-1-pick-Joe-Burrow-plus-weighs-in-on-the-Hall-of-Fame-class-and-talks-quarantine-stories-on-The-Big-Podcast-with-Shaq
Reply/Quote
Okay, let's over analyze and interpret his quotes. 3... 2... 1... GO!

'I want to get drafted to a good organization that is going to maximize my talents. I've won everywhere that I've been and never had a losing season in sports from the moment I was five years old. I'm not a loser, I just want to go somewhere where I can win.'

Are we an organization that will maximize his talents? Will Zac build the offense around Burrow rather than make Burrow conform?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also on the Burrow front, from Dan Graziano:

'I am told the Dolphins would like to go up and trade for that No. 1 overall pick and take Joe Burrow who they see as the No. 1 quarterback in this draft. But I’m also told that at this point, the Bengals have given no indication that they’re willing to move out of that pick; that they intend to sit there at No. 1 and take Joe Burrow.'
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 04:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Also on the Burrow front, from Dan Graziano:

'I am told the Dolphins would like to go up and trade for that No. 1 overall pick and take Joe Burrow who they see as the No. 1 quarterback in this draft. But I’m also told that at this point, the Bengals have given no indication that they’re willing to move out of that pick; that they intend to sit there at No. 1 and take Joe Burrow.'

And I like reading this stuff.  It's good to know other teams want him & I hope the end result is the Bengals hold firm and we draft Burrow.

This type of info also makes me wonder if we'll see Tua drop further down than anticipated by all the mocks.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 04:34 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: And I like reading this stuff.  It's good to know other teams want him & I hope the end result is the Bengals hold firm and we draft Burrow.

This type of info also makes me wonder if we'll see Tua drop further down than anticipated by all the mocks.

Yeah.  You don't hear them talking about trading away even less picks to not go as far and then taking Tua.

When that Thursday night comes and Burrow becomes our QB, I swear to Jeebus I'm gonna troll every Dolphins fan site, newspaper, shock jock and tv station and tell them all to eat shit. The Dolphins and their fans have gotten on my very last nerve.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 04:34 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: And I like reading this stuff.  It's good to know other teams want him & I hope the end result is the Bengals hold firm and we draft Burrow.

Yeah, I've seen a couple of reports this week about Tua potentially dropping, and maybe even Herbert going before him. Seems to be a lot of uncertainty right now as to how teams are evaluating him, and where they will be comfortable taking him.
Reply/Quote
Love his confidence. Can’t wait for the Burrow era to get started.

Reply/Quote
Man it's going to suck when we draft Herbert over him Ninja
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 04:40 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah.  You don't hear them talking about trading away even less picks to not go as far and then taking Tua.

When that Thursday night comes and Burrow becomes our QB, I swear to Jeebus I'm gonna troll every Dolphins fan site, newspaper, shock jock and tv station and tell them all to eat shit.  The Dolphins and their fans have gotten on my very last nerve.

Yeah, 2 weeks from now, Burrow will be a Bengal and all those fish fans can kiss our collective, tiger striped asses! Mellow LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 04:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I've seen a couple of reports this week about Tua potentially dropping, and maybe even Herbert going before him. Seems to be a lot of uncertainty right now as to how teams are evaluating him and where they will be comfortable taking him.

For sure, he has the injury history, but he's also not that big of a guy compared to many NFL peers.  Sure, undersized guys can experience success, like Brees, but I feel more comfortable with talent & size.
Reply/Quote
We've taken some strong strides toward helping him win with an improved defense. Still missing some pieces at LB.

I see us taking 2 LBs in this draft. The rest ought to be Olinemen and WRs. Oh yeah, and a QB. LOL
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
From everything that I've "heard" is that the Dolphins believe that Burrow is clearly the best QB in the draft and would love to move up and get him.

I've also read/heard that there are plenty of people inside the Dolphins organization that think Herbert is the better prospect, but the owner LOVES Tua.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out with the Dolphins. Somebody is moving to #3 to get a QB. If the Dolphins are sitting at 5 and someone else moves to 3, does another team move to 4 (Chargers) to take Tua or Herbert in front of the Dolphins. I'll LMAO if the Dolphins end up not getting one of the top 3 QBs at #5 after tanking
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 04:56 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: For sure, he has the injury history, but he's also not that big of a guy compared to many NFL peers.  Sure, undersized guys can experience success, like Brees, but I feel more comfortable with talent & size.

That’s what she said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
If Peter King or Fins think Burrow is worth 4 draft first round draft picks that means he is worth a lot more.

Would Chiefs trade Mahomes for 4 draft picks?

( just think of our 4 last first round draft picks- would you trade Burrow for those 4 guys???)

The Bengals have stepped up in free agency and shown they are serious about winning. they have put their money where their mouth is.

Joe Cool completely believes he is going to win the Super Bowl wherever he goes. Doing it in his home state 2 hours from home is the cherry on the top of the cake.

Did Manning or Luck have a season in college anywhere remotely close to last year for Burrow playing almost every week against elite teams.

I cannot wait until Joe Burrow is a Bengal. Going to drive the national media crazy. Much more importantly, it is going to drive the STEELERS crazy when Joe does to them what Ben has done to us for years when the play breaks down.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 04:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Love his confidence. Can’t wait for the Burrow era to get started.

Me 2

Ready for all the BS to be over
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 04:40 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah.  You don't hear them talking about trading away even less picks to not go as far and then taking Tua.

When that Thursday night comes and Burrow becomes our QB, I swear to Jeebus I'm gonna troll every Dolphins fan site, newspaper, shock jock and tv station and tell them all to eat shit.  The Dolphins and their fans have gotten on my very last nerve.

(04-09-2020, 04:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, 2 weeks from now, Burrow will be a Bengal and all those fish fans can kiss our collective, tiger striped asses! Mellow LOL

I live for this day.  Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 04:57 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: We've taken some strong strides toward helping him win with an improved defense. Still missing some pieces at LB.

I see us taking 2 LBs in this draft. The rest ought to be Olinemen and WRs. Oh yeah, and a QB. LOL

Why is this narrative still going on?  It is public knowledge that we are now considered a base 3-4 hybrid.  We made Reader the highest paid NT in the NFL for a reason.  Dunlap, Lawson, Hubbard are now LBers.  Shawn Williams will/should be playing hybrid LB/S hybrid. Bynes will start at ILB most likely with Pratt.  There are still other LBers on the roster to step up for the 2 ILBers spots.  This defense in most cases will only have one or two true LBers on the field at one time.  This draft needs to be offense, Offensive Line to be specific.  You are drafting a QB at the number one overall pick, protect him at all costs.  One LBer in this draft, hopefully Murray at 33.  If he is not there then take the best player available that is a spot of need.  Picks 1 and 33 need to start day 1...A WR is not going to start day 1...A DT/NT is not going to start day 1....A safety is not going to start day 1... A CB is not going to start day 1.....three positions have a chance to start day 1...RT, any guard, ILBer

Just my thoughts...have a great day!!
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 04:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'A lot of the people in my area became LSU fans when I went down there, and If I happen to be the 1st pick this year, I'm coming back home and I think that'll make a lot of people feel a lot better.'

'Teams are picking at the top for a reason and I feel like I've won everywhere I've ever been and that if anybody can do it, I can do it.'

'I want to get drafted to a good organization that is going to maximize my talents. I've won everywhere that I've been and never had a losing season in sports from the moment I was five years old. I'm not a loser, I just want to go somewhere where I can win.'

Starts around 33 minutes - https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Shaq-talks-to-LSU-quarterback-and-projected-1-pick-Joe-Burrow-plus-weighs-in-on-the-Hall-of-Fame-class-and-talks-quarantine-stories-on-The-Big-Podcast-with-Shaq

He didn't win at Ohio St  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
You can't underestimate "knowing how to win".

Last time we drafted a QB who had finished undefeated his senior year in college we made the playoffs five straight years.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 05:52 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Why is this narrative still going on?  It is public knowledge that we are now considered a base 3-4 hybrid.  We made Reader the highest paid NT in the NFL for a reason.  Dunlap, Lawson, Hubbard are now LBers.  Shawn Williams will/should be playing hybrid LB/S hybrid. Bynes will start at ILB most likely with Pratt.  There are still other LBers on the roster to step up for the 2 ILBers spots.  This defense in most cases will only have one or two true LBers on the field at one time.  This draft needs to be offense, Offensive Line to be specific.  You are drafting a QB at the number one overall pick, protect him at all costs.  One LBer in this draft, hopefully Murray at 33.  If he is not there then take the best player available that is a spot of need.  Picks 1 and 33 need to start day 1...A WR is not going to start day 1...A DT/NT is not going to start day 1....A safety is not going to start day 1... A CB is not going to start day 1.....three positions have a chance to start day 1...RT, any guard, ILBer

Just my thoughts...have a great day!!

To the first bold, um, if you DO switch to a 3-4, you NEED a ton of LBs. So yes, we can expect (if we're all on the same page) to see 2 LBs drafted, one high, one low.

To the second bold, no they aren't.

A 3-4 hybrid, that plays Nickel 70% of the time, only means that we will have 3-4 personnel for MAYBE 15% of our snaps.

Dunlap is staying on the line, as is Hubbard; Hubbard may go into coverage 5 times a game, if that.

Lawson is the only one who will be in coverage a bit more.

Don't expect things to be as insanely-drastic as they sound; a 3-4 hybrid doesn't mean, "3-4 base defense for 90% of snaps."
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote