Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Burrow VS Justin Herbert
(10-19-2022, 11:47 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: At the time, i didn't feel that way. Here's something interesting i found last night. A thread on a Chargers MB about Herbert. It goes back to when he was drafted. 200 pages long, but check out the first 6 pages or so. Literally, there was only one or two guys that were ok with them drafting him there. 

https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/forum/los-angeles-chargers-forum-nfl-forum-padres-forum/the-los-angeles-chargers-forum/986548-justin-herbert-bolts-franchise-qb-official-discussion

Herbert had a few stinker games his final season in college.  I thought he was overhyped, and that any team that took him in the 1st round would likely regret doing so. I was more than a little surprised when he turned out to be as good of a pro QB as he is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 11:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Herbert had a few stinker games his final season in college.  I thought he was overhyped, and that any team that took him in the 1st round would likely regret doing so. I was more than a little surprised when he turned out to be as good of a pro QB as he is.

I've mentioned a couple times that, early on that season, i was a bigger Herbert fan than Burrow fan. It wasn't till around the 'bama game that i switched full time to Burrow. 

I think Herbert has surprised a lot of people with how good he's turned out. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Burrow > Herbert. And, the stats may say it's close, but the eye test says otherwise.
Reply/Quote
Has a bit of a Ken Anderson / Dan Fouts vibe to it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Get tired of the Allen lovefest. Burrow was have down better last year and went to the SB.

Guy is good and talented as hell but he's not great yet IMO.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 11:20 AM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: The Chargers aren't helping Herbert by not having a speed receiver running down the field on every play forcing defenses to defend the entire field - because that dude has a magical arm. All their receivers seem like Tyler Boyd types.

Nah. Boyd isn’t winning 50/50 balls like Williams and Allen can.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 12:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Get tired of the Allen lovefest. Burrow was have down better last year and went to the SB.

I assume you meant Herbert? Because Josh Allen is a straight up alien, and deserves every bit of the praise he’s now getting.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 12:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Get tired of the Allen lovefest. Burrow was have down better last year and went to the SB.

Allen/Mahomes are the best QBs in football, and I dont think it's very close. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 12:21 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Allen/Mahomes are the best QBs in football, and I dont think it's very close. 

Burrow has a chance to get into that group.... only if he sticks with the adjustment of taking what the defense gives you.  

Those two players are freaks... Burrow while he has some athleticism really has to mold his game after Brady to take that next step.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I'll give Herbert the nod in "not looking like a clown coming to the game" category.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
By EPA per attempt, Herbert is ever so slightly better than Burrow since they came into the league. Burrow has been notably better than Herbert this season, though, as far as EPA per attempt is concerned. From week two onward, Burrow has the third highest EPA per attempt in the entire league, behind Mahomes and Allen. 

Burrow finished the 2021 regular season on a run like this and I was optimistic about that trend. I thought that this could be the season we really see Burrow catapult himself into the top five passers. Week one still happened, so it is hard to say that it is happening but so far, it looks like an outlier. He has been lights out otherwise. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll give Herbert the nod in "not looking like a clown coming to the game" category.

Homie needs some serious hair help though.

[Image: 111820-justin-herbert-index.jpg?quality=...&strip=all]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 12:21 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Allen/Mahomes are the best QBs in football, and I dont think it's very close. 

2-0 against one of them. Been to more Super Bowls in fewer years than the other.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
There's kind of a resurgence of defense in the nfl.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 07:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 2-0 against one of them. Been to more Super Bowls in fewer years than the other.

Cool. So just say what you want to say.

You think burrow is better than mahomes and Allen. Right?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 07:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's kind of a resurgence of defense in the nfl.

This league is nothing if not predictable. 

The latest iteration of defense will soon be trumped by the offenses changing and becoming successful again. Then everyone will do that for a while until defenses come up with an answer to the (then) curent offensive explosions, until offenses figure out what they're doing and they'll figure out a way to beat that. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 07:53 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Cool. So just say what you want to say.

I don’t really care, but it’s closer than you seem to think.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 07:53 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Cool.  So just say what you want to say.

He's standing in the same room, looking at them across the way...

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 08:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t really care, but it’s closer than you seem to think.

I don’t care either.

But instead of using circular logic. Just state what you think.

I think mahomes and Allen are better. Shoot me
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 08:12 PM)ATOTR Wrote: I don’t care either.

But instead of using circular logic. Just state what you think.

I think mahomes and Allen are better. Shoot me

I didn’t say they weren’t. You said it wasn’t close. And that’s not sn example of circular logic as I ever understood it.

Reply/Quote