Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow contract
(07-21-2022, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Bengals have a value over $1 BILLION.

They should not have any problem putting a few hundred million in escrow.  It can still earn interest income as long as the principle is not at risk.

Evaluation doesn’t meant anything. It’s not the same as cash. At all. Usually companies are evaluated about 10x revenue, depending on the industry. I’m sure Mike Brown has $150M in the bank. But does he have another $70M in guaranteed $ for chase, and another $50M for Higgins, and so forth?

I agree with everyone here, the guarantee $ is getting pretty big and it only hurts a few select teams in the league.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 07:30 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Evaluation doesn’t meant anything. It’s not the same as cash. At all. Usually companies are evaluated about 10x revenue, depending on the industry. I’m sure Mike Brown has $150M in the bank. But does he have another $70M in guaranteed $ for chase, and another $50M for Higgins, and so forth?

I agree with everyone here, the guarantee $ is getting pretty big and it only hurts a few select teams in the league.

that's alot to sock away in cash for a family business.
Reply/Quote
Expect 55-60 per

And idc

He’s getting whatever he wants
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 01:51 PM)pally Wrote: JoeyB will get more money than Kyler Murray

And I’d put money all of it is guaranteed if we make playoffs again
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 07:40 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: that's alot to sock away in cash for a family business.

Not counting TV contracts, which is huge, the bengals operated at a negative $17M In 2020. But they make about $320M/year in TV contracts.

The last 10 year average operating income is $40M/year. So that’s about $360/year in profit. We will never know what the browns pay each family member in dividends, but if they saved 10%/year for cash on hand, that would have them at $360M saved from the last 10 years. Sounds like a lot, but if they put in escrow $200M for Burrow, $70M Chase, $50M Higgins that’s $320M. They only have $60M left and they would add another $40M/year.

The money goes quick!

https://www.statista.com/statistics/272067/operating-income-of-the-cincinnati-bengals/

https://www.forbes.com/teams/cincinnati-bengals/?sh=582175594551
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 08:01 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Not counting TV contracts, which is huge, the bengals operated at a negative $17M In 2020. But they make about $320M/year in TV contracts.

The last 10 year average operating income is $40M/year. So that’s about $360/year in profit. We will never know what the browns pay each family member in dividends, but if they saved 10%/year for cash on hand, that would have them at $360M saved from the last 10 years. Sounds like a lot, but if they put in escrow $200M for Burrow, $70M Chase, $50M Higgins that’s $320M. They only have $60M left and they would add another $40M/year.

The money goes quick!

https://www.statista.com/statistics/272067/operating-income-of-the-cincinnati-bengals/

https://www.forbes.com/teams/cincinnati-bengals/?sh=582175594551

thanks for the info!
Reply/Quote
I’m sure the Brown/Blackburn family has investments outside of just owning the Bengals. If they don’t, quite frankly, they would be idiotic.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 10:06 AM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: I’m sure the Brown/Blackburn family has investments outside of just owning the Bengals.  If they don’t, quite frankly, they would be idiotic.

This is what I worry about, because I honestly don't think they do. I mean I am sure they have like a 401K and stocks and stuff, but as far as anything that greatly increases revenue and profit - I don't think they have anything like that. 

90% of NFL owners are billionaires who make their money in other ventures and who buy a team based on that ventures profit. The Browns...not so much. They make their money by owning the Bengals. 

Mike Brown is literally one of the "poorest" (relative term) owners in the league. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
My guess is a 6-year 300 million deal for Joe Burrow. So it will be higher than Kyler Murray but with probably less guaranteed.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
10-year, $500 million. $300 mil guaranteed.

**** it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 08:04 PM)Big Boss Wrote: 10-year, $500 million.  $300 mil guaranteed.

**** it.

If we don't guarantee every cent i have a feeling David Tepper will. 
Reply/Quote
I bet that JoeyB will not have a "do your homework" clause in his contract like Kyler Murray has. Murray has to be on his team issued tablet at least 4 hours per week. His tablet use will be monitored to insure he is not on it gaming or internet surfing.

How crazy is that for a QB to have to have that clause at all?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The Browns kind of screwed the league with the Watson deal and guaranteeing it all.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 10:05 AM)pally Wrote: I bet that JoeyB will not have a "do your homework" clause in his contract like Kyler Murray has.  Murray has to be on his team issued tablet at least 4 hours per week.  His tablet use will be monitored to insure he is not on it gaming or internet surfing.

How crazy is that for a QB to have to have that clause at all?

One time Raiders coaches gave JaMarcus Russell blank tapes to take home and watch. Next day he told them he had watched and analyzed them all.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One time Raiders coaches gave JaMarcus Russell blank tapes to take home and watch. Next day he told them he had watched and analyzed them all.

That was the first thought I had when I heard about the clause. On one hand, that makes it scary how good he's been with just natural talent. On the other, how do you give a QB a second contract knowing you have to put that in it?
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 09:08 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: That was the first thought I had when I heard about the clause. On one hand, that makes it scary how good he's been with just natural talent. On the other, how do you give a QB a second contract knowing you have to put that in it?

I still don't know how they'll enforce it.

An iPad that keeps track of when he's logged in, but like they said on NFL Total Access tonight, who's to say he just isn't logged on while playing video games?

Unless they quiz him, but people were talking about how childish this whole idea even is so I don't think they'd risk that. Plus what if he fails? Do they still start him but fine him? What kind of message does that send to the team?
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 09:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I still don't know how they'll enforce it.

An iPad that keeps track of when he's logged in, but like they said on NFL Total Access tonight, who's to say he just isn't logged on while playing video games?

Unless they quiz him, but people were talking about how childish this whole idea even is so I don't think they'd risk that.

It's really not that hard to track internet usage history. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 12:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Browns kind of screwed the league with the Watson deal and guaranteeing it all.

No kind of about it.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 09:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's really not that hard to track internet usage history. 

I know but I'm saying they might be all one page where he can just say he was scrolling or if it is videos he could just go to that page but then be playing games or whatever so it looks like he's reading everything on the page.
Reply/Quote
It's going to be tough to build a roster when Joe is a $50 million cap hit and Chase makes $30 million and Higgins $22 million.

Have a Top 5 QB making $10 million a year is a cheat code.
Reply/Quote