Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow contract
(07-21-2022, 04:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: JESUS if they are paying 230 mil to QBs that havent really done or won anything what they hell are we gonna have to pay burrow????lol

I"m more worried about how much independent study time Burrow will get.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 10:06 AM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: I’m sure the Brown/Blackburn family has investments outside of just owning the Bengals. If they don’t, quite frankly, they would be idiotic.

Pete Brown, Mike’s brother, along with former Bengals strength coach Kim Wood founded Hammer Strength which made elite weight machines. Pete being the money man. They were the ones to get the first Nautilus and Hammer Strength machines into virtually every professional, college, and high school conditioning room. The company sold for over $100,000,000. Now the question is where did that money go when Pete died? He had no spouse or children so was his heir his brother, his 6 nieces and nephews, or some combination.

And talking about inheritances, do we know how much of the team was left to Robin Brown’s 4 children?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm still hopeful Burrow may perhaps take a team friendly deal of sorts to keep his guys around him. But we shall see. So far we certainly can't say he hasn't deserved a huge contract. I just don't want to end up like the teams that are semi competitive with a great QB, but can't build a good enough team around them to win anything meaningful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 09:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know but I'm saying they might be all one page where he can just say he was scrolling or if it is videos he could just go to that page but then be playing games or whatever so it looks like he's reading everything on the page.

It's a team owned tablet. They can install keystroke trackers on it or any myriad of trackers to see where he was, how long  he was there, etc. If that stupid sob can't be bothered to spend 30 minutes a day watching film for the amount of money he is being paid, he needs to just quit wasting oxygen. He has all the natural talent in the world, but ran like a deer in the headlights when he made the playoffs last year. I half expected him to cry and leave the field in the middle of the game he looked so bewildered. He is the only QB in NFL history to need this clause put in his contract.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 09:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's a team owned tablet. They can install keystroke trackers on it or any myriad of trackers to see where he was, how long  he was there, etc. If that stupid sob can't be bothered to spend 30 minutes a day watching film for the amount of money he is being paid, he needs to just quit wasting oxygen. He has all the natural talent in the world, but ran like a deer in the headlights when he made the playoffs last year. I half expected him to cry and leave the field in the middle of the game he looked so bewildered. He is the only QB in NFL history to need this clause put in his contract.

I'd love to hear JoeyB's response to a question about how many hours per week he puts in on film study.

According to Pat MacAfee, Peyton Manning spent an average of 20 hours each week on film

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 10:10 AM)pally Wrote: I'd love to hear JoeyB's response to a question about how many hours per week he puts in on film study.

According to Pat MacAfee, Peyton Manning spent an average of 20 hours each week on film

It is not work to them.

It is like someone who plays a musical instrument at a high level.  They enjoy doing it so "practice" is not a drudge.
Reply/Quote