Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Joe Burrow injury updates
(07-27-2023, 05:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am a bit on high alert, but non-contact injury, immediately grabbing the ankle/calf and the way he walked onto that cart has me terrified that he ruptured his achilles. I ruptured mine back in June, and that was essentially my reaction. I was running, it popped and felt like I was kicked in the calf. I was able to walk off the field, but very gingerly.

I did not see them perform a Thompson test on his leg on the field. Cautiously optimistic it isn’t an Achilles. The cynic in me says they wouldn’t do a Thomason’s test on the field so I observers are less likely to suspect Achilles tear. And would do it in the trainer’s room where other’s can’t watch the exam.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I did not see them perform a Thompson test on his leg on the field. Cautiously optimistic it isn’t an Achilles. The cynic in me says they wouldn’t do a Thomason’s test on the field so I observers are less likely to suspect Achilles tear. And would do it in the trainer’s room where other’s can’t watch the exam.

Yeah, that is what I was looking for, too. I was trying to watch if he had any plantarflexion in the foot but I didn't see him move it hardly at all. 
Reply/Quote
Rappaport is saying calf strain. No timetable.
Reply/Quote
Man, was loving the Trey news and now this just sucked everything good out of it.... Shocked

Hope it isn't a big deal, see a calf issue, but when people say the word achilles that scares the shit out me!!!Twitch
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:21 PM)samhain Wrote: Rappaport is saying calf strain.  No timetable.

A lot better news than it could have been.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Calf strain is 3 or 4 weeks if he’s lucky.

The lad is ***** cursed in preseason.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:21 PM)samhain Wrote: Rappaport is saying calf strain.  No timetable.

Well that's better than an ACL.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:22 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: A lot better news than it could have been.

Yep.  I think we've seen the last of him until the regular season.  
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Then they dropped the ball. You don't allow him to practice if there was any hint of a calf issue (which it sounds like there was with the sleeve). Calf injuries are tricky to begin with. 

Zac said it was just some soreness before practice and a lot of guys were feeling it today...especially in this heat and humidity

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:23 PM)samhain Wrote: Yep.  I think we've seen the last of him until the regular season.  

Yeah, all for him being 100% come the opener, no point in him risking anything like this again until the real games...

Thanks for the update Samhain. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I know Zac said calf, but achilles is trending #1 on twitter and it's scaring me to death.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:26 PM)BengalBob Wrote: I know Zac said calf, but achilles is trending #1 on twitter and it's scaring me to death.

Are we really debating on if we trust the head coach of the team or randoms on Twitter.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:26 PM)BengalBob Wrote: I know Zac said calf, but achilles is trending #1 on twitter and it's scaring me to death.

He put weight on it walking to the cart.  No way he does that with an achilles.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:28 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Are we really debating on if we trust the head coach of the team or randoms on Twitter.   Hilarious

I'm not debating, just sharing my concern.
Reply/Quote

A bit of encouraging news is that the news of a calf strain came quickly. A ruptured achilles is very quick to diagnose, so it is possible that they ruled out something major like that. 
Reply/Quote
Taylor said he had calf soreness yesterday which is why he was wearing the sleeve.

All I can say though is....Why can't we have nice things?
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/fox19jeremy/status/1684659851333419008?s=46&t=KykfZ347urC7n4SwKapNFg

Should make everyone feel a lot better Deffo his calf.

How the hell do you embed tweets on here?
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:29 PM)samhain Wrote: He put weight on it walking to the cart.  No way he does that with an achilles.

You can walk with a ruptured Achilles. Kobe Bryant walked off the court. I walked all the way to the parking lot to get in the car. Your gait is definitely awkward, but you can walk for a short period of time. 
Reply/Quote
Fingers crossed.....
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:28 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Are we really debating on if we trust the head coach of the team or randoms on Twitter.   Hilarious

Yeah, probably a bunch of stealer fans hoping it is a torn ACL, but will trust in the HC and the team myself over those sad sacks.
Reply/Quote