Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Joe Burrow injury updates
(07-27-2023, 05:32 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You can walk with a ruptured Achilles. Kobe Bryant walked off the court. I walked all the way to the parking lot to get in the car. Your gait is definitely awkward, but you can walk for a short period of time. 

I still walk on one today. Had achilles surgery 40 years ago and injured again 5 years ago. The Dr's say it will take 3 surgeries and two years off work to fix and they don't advise doing, they now would have to extend it about 6". So I just get shoes with graphite rods along the soles outside edge to hem me up and keep my foot from rolling. 

Yet was bowling and wearing regular shoes and tore my meniscus and ACL 6 months ago, probably because of my achilles and not wearing proper shoes. They only addressed my meniscus and cleaned up the ACL which is 70% torn saying at my age a knee replacement was in the future anyway. Sux getting old and put out to pasture lol.

Hope Burrow gets back to full strength quickly. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:28 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Are we really debating on if we trust the head coach of the team or randoms on Twitter.   Hilarious

Yeah, Twitter is a lie infested shit hole, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
the good news is...this happened early enough to give Siemen plenty of time to get ramped up if he has to play any regular season games.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 06:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-avoid-disaster-joe-burrow-expected-to-miss-time-calf-injury

If it takes the max 8 weeks you're missing 3 to 4 games depending on rehab.

Get Wentz or Bridgewater on the phone for a chance to showcase with this offense.  
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 06:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-avoid-disaster-joe-burrow-expected-to-miss-time-calf-injury

Article is a bunch of hoopla and speculation. "IF it is a strain he could miss 4-8 weeks".

BS article.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 07:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: I still walk on one today. Had achilles surgery 40 years ago and injured again 5 years ago. The Dr's say it will take 3 surgeries and two years off work to fix and they don't advise doing, they now would have to extend it about 6". So I just get shoes with graphite rods along the soles outside edge to hem me up and keep my foot from rolling. 

Yet was bowling and wearing regular shoes and tore my meniscus and ACL 6 months ago, probably because of my achilles and not wearing proper shoes. They only addressed my meniscus and cleaned up the ACL which is 70% torn saying at my age a knee replacement was in the future anyway. Sux getting old and put out to pasture lol.

Hope Burrow gets back to full strength quickly. 

Dude.

I ***** feel for you, man. That is just terrible. I'm only 30 but this is the second major injury I have had and by far the worst. It has taken some spirit out of me but I really hope you are able to get to feeling better, one way or another. 
Reply/Quote

Great news, considering
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 07:01 PM)phil413 Wrote: If it takes the max 8 weeks you're missing 3 to 4 games depending on rehab.

Get Wentz or Bridgewater on the phone for a chance to showcase with this offense.  

Doubtful he misses that much. He’ll be fine. The guy who posted the SI article isn’t a doctor, he just googled what it would take a regular person to he’ll from a grade 2 calf strain. Could be grade 1. Until a doctor verifies it there’s no point in listening to journalists. 
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 06:11 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Man, I’m starting to really see why you guys are so cynical about the Bengals. Y’all can’t catch a break.

Now you're starting to get it, lol. Read up on the history. Our first Joe Burrow tore his rotator cuff his rookie season back in the late 60s. Surgery of the day couldn't fix it, and he was toast after one stellar season. Boomer Esiason's shoulder in 88. Carson Palmer's knee in 2005. Andy Dalton's thumb in 2015. KiJana Carter, David Pollack, etc, etc. And those are just the injuries.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 07:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Now you're starting to get it, lol. Read up on the history. Our first Joe Burrow tore his rotator cuff his rookie season back in the late 60s. Surgery of the day couldn't fix it, and he was toast after one stellar season. Boomer Esiason's shoulder in 88. Carson Palmer's knee in 2005. Andy Dalton's thumb in 2015. KiJana Carter, David Pollack, etc, etc. And those are just the injuries.

Hilarious

Terrible. But you guys have a great sense of humor about it. Burrow will be OK. It wasn’t an Achilles and grade 2 is the most common injury. Only guy I’ve seen cover it is Mark Adickes and he expects him to be back in around 4 weeks, but he’ll feel the injury for months. And he’s actually a surgeon that specializes in sports injuries (he’s the team doc for the Rockets) and not some moron sports journalist who has no medical background.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 07:06 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Doubtful he misses that much. He’ll be fine. The guy who posted the SI article isn’t a doctor, he just googled what it would take a regular person to he’ll from a grade 2 calf strain. Could be grade 1. Until a doctor verifies it there’s no point in listening to journalists. 

Hopefully Adickes is right. 
Reply/Quote
Kelsey Conway using this as an excuse if Tee or Wilson decided to sit out.

Said it before I’ll say it again that women is a rat.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 07:12 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Kelsey Conway using this as an excuse if Tee or Wilson decided to sit out.

Did I miss something? What happened
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 07:09 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Hilarious

Terrible. But you guys have a great sense of humor about it. Burrow will be OK. It wasn’t an Achilles and grade 2 is the most common injury. Only guy I’ve seen cover it is Mark Adickes and he expects him to be back in around 4 weeks, but he’ll feel the injury for months. And he’s actually a surgeon that specializes in sports injuries (he’s the team doc for the Rockets) and not some moron sports journalist who has no medical background.

Yes, I'd definitely listen to a doc like that before one of the sensationalist moron. Hell, I'd listen to a veterinarian before one of them for that matter. LoL.

Reply/Quote
Take my eyes, not his calf!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 07:12 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Kelsey Conway using this as an excuse if Tee or Wilson decided to sit out.

She's a douche bag. I think it was her (99% sure) that just asked ZT a question about Joes Contract and if this  injury matters in negotiations or not. Like, she can't get the F'ing thoughts about someone's paycheck out of her mouth for even a 5 minute presser.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 07:14 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Did I miss something? What happened

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 07:18 PM)PDub80 Wrote: She's a douche bag. I think it was her (99% sure) that just asked ZT a question about Joes Contract and if this  injury matters in negotiations or not. Like, she can't get the F'ing thoughts about someone's paycheck out of her mouth for even a 5 minute presser.

People were giving me abuse when she posted the pic of Tee and his mum after the Buffalo game.

She’s a ***** ambulance chaser a horrible journalist and a Steeler fan to boot.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 07:18 PM)PDub80 Wrote: She's a douche bag. I think it was her (99% sure) that just asked ZT a question about Joes Contract and if this  injury matters in negotiations or not. Like, she can't get the F'ing thoughts about someone's paycheck out of her mouth for even a 5 minute presser.

She thinks that she's asking the "smart" questions, yet she's coming off like a gold digger.  (Isn't their a Kanye song in there, somewhere?)

As to Joe's little setback, calf strains are no joke.  I've endured two in my adult lifetime.  As odd as this sounds, walking on it actually seemed to make it heal faster (for me anyway).

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:21 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, that is what I was looking for, too. I was trying to watch if he had any plantarflexion in the foot but I didn't see him move it hardly at all. 

I also didn’t see the training staff stretching his calf as if it is a cramp. But, I’m not going to let that bother me now because the front office has been killing it lately and I’m going to ride that wave as long as I can.
Reply/Quote