Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Joe Burrow injury updates
(08-30-2023, 12:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: yes and since we only had 1 home game so that was great to see, i guess the concern is we have had little more about him throwing on field in practice etc.. so some could worry he had a setback but I am in the camp he is fine and unless we have no Joe Burrow under center sighting by early next week I believe he is still fine

And that video was from 3 weeks ago.
While seeing him out there before that preseason game was encouraging, has he been seen a lot by fans/media since?
If so, what all has he been doing?

Until Burrow gets a few regular practices in, I'll always have a worry in the back of my mind that he isn't ready to play for the upcoming game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I tend to agree with the "keeping things close" feelings of some. I don't really hear much day-to-day about Burrow's recovery... which feels by design. The media can really suck.... why bring the noise?
Reply/Quote
Some made a big deal that he didn't travel with the team to the away games like it was because he had a setback.

I took it to mean he didn't want to waste two days of calf rehab away from the facility.
Reply/Quote
Last week I was concerned Joe Burrow wasn't practicing yet and there hasn't been a contract. This week I'll be worried... next week if he's still not practicing I'm making an extra stop to the liquor store before Sunday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 02:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Last week I was concerned Joe Burrow wasn't practicing yet and there hasn't been a contract. This week I'll be worried... next week if he's still not practicing I'm making an extra stop to the liquor store before Sunday.

I don't see any reason for Burrow to be practicing if his contract is not settled.  The Bengals management has had a very long time to get this done, but here we are
 10 days before the first game.  Last time I checked, Mike Brown was still running around in that golf cart.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 02:32 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I don't see any reason for Burrow to be practicing if his contract is not settled.  The Bengals management has had a very long time to get this done, but here we are
 10 days before the first game.  Last time I checked, Mike Brown was still running around in that golf cart.

If the hang up really is because Burrow wants Tee's deal done first, that might be why.
I can imagine Tee's involves the pay (at least guarantees) because he almost certainly would get paid like a true WR1 if hitting the open market, but he's not clear cut WR1 in CIN.
And the Bengals have never given more than $10.75 mill APY to a WR who wasn't clear-cut WR1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
JOEYB is in uniform and at practice

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This made my day. And to think people were saying that Joe was sitting out practice because of his contract negotiations.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 02:54 PM)pally Wrote: JOEYB is in uniform and at practice

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4728fii0t7ofviy16cjz...y.gif&ct=g]

BEST NEWS I'VE EVER HEARD!

I was getting worried but this is INCREDIBLE!

Obviously need to see how well he practices and if he's still restricted at all, but the fact that he's out there is AMAZING!
Reply/Quote
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 02:32 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I don't see any reason for Burrow to be practicing if his contract is not settled.  The Bengals management has had a very long time to get this done, but here we are

He still has 2 full years left on his contract. Obviously everyone wants it to get done and currently it makes no sense what the hold up would be, given all the other QBs got theirs done. But it's not like Burrpw is going into the year with no future 
Reply/Quote
Excellent! I was about to post the news but others beat me to it!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 03:00 PM)Bengalion Wrote: This made my day. And to think people were saying that Joe was sitting out practice because of his contract negotiations.
I found it hard to believe, especially given how our franchise has a been operating lately (better), but I couldn't still help but be nervous.

It goes to show that we have the best man for the job!
(08-30-2023, 03:10 PM)TheFan Wrote: He still has 2 full years left on his contract. Obviously everyone wants it to get done and currently it makes no sense what the hold up would be, given all the other QBs got theirs done. But it's not like Burrpw is going into the year with no future 

I'm actually glad we're getting it done now and not waiting because, after we win the ship this year, his value would be a billion a year.
Reply/Quote
He's practicing so everyone can shut the **** up now lol

Close the thread. It's bad juju.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
You guys saying he has two more years left and aren't worried about it...well you want to get Joe at the best price possible and signing him THIS OFFSEASON would give you that.

If the FO doesn't get the deal done before the season then it's a MASSIVE failure.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Line went up a half a point.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 03:10 PM)TheFan Wrote: He still has 2 full years left on his contract. Obviously everyone wants it to get done and currently it makes no sense what the hold up would be, given all the other QBs got theirs done. But it's not like Burrpw is going into the year with no future 

I don't really like dragging this out another year.  Making him play for less than Jonah after all he's done for the franchise already just sends a bad message.  
Tee isn't going to get $20 million/yr here.  Having said that, I think we could settle for less at WR2 because we have Burrow already.  If we still had an Andy Dalton-like QB, I could totally get having two WR1's.   

On offense I'd spend my money on QB, OL, WR1 and try to go cheap on the other positions.  I think they should've just cut Mixon, but I hope he really makes me eat my words.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 03:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You guys saying he has two more years left and aren't worried about it...well you want to get Joe at the best price possible and signing him THIS OFFSEASON would give you that.

If the FO doesn't get the deal done before the season then it's a MASSIVE failure.

Hey! You just said close the thread and then added to it!

But I agree. Let's close this thread. He is back at practice.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 04:25 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I don't really like dragging this out another year.  Making him play for less than Jonah after all he's done for the franchise already just sends a bad message.  
Tee isn't going to get $20 million/yr here.  Having said that, I think we could settle for less at WR2 because we have Burrow already.  If we still had an Andy Dalton-like QB, I could totally get having two WR1's.   

On offense I'd spend my money on QB, OL, WR1 and try to go cheap on the other positions.  I think they should've just cut Mixon, but I hope he really makes me eat my words.

Oh I definitely agree the hope is it get it done this year, and there's no reason we shouldn't. But saying that's a reason for him purposefully sitting out of practice was silly. 
Reply/Quote