Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Joe Mixon
(10-01-2022, 01:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Didn't get rid of it at all, just made there a very heavy financial punishment. If that's being weighed against a 4-5yr/$100-130m contract...

Or we could call it a "hold in" but it's the exact same results, a guy not actually participating with the intent of playing.
Or he could be "injured" and stay on the rehab field the entire time.

Plus he can skip all voluntary stuff, as it's voluntary and he has no workout bonuses to lose.

It's not just fines. If the team declares you healthy and you skip 4 games you don't accrue a season meaning the player is not a free agent the next year.

We seen exactly how a Hold out/Hold In works with Roquan Smith in Chicago. Yes he didnt participate in OTAs or Training Camp but he practices the two weeks before the season and is playing.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Stole this off Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/xs22oo/examples_of_mixons_tell_lean_for_run_upright_for/

Mixon may be tipping the play

Leaning: 23/29 were runs. 3 of the passes were quick pop out throws to Mixon. So maybe 26/29 if you count those.

Upright: 21/22 were throws. The single upright handoff was on a quick snap.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Not making excuses for Mixon's poor play at all, but if he's tipping the plays then I would blame the coaches for allowing this to go unnoticed.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 01:45 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Stole this off Reddit  - https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/xs22oo/examples_of_mixons_tell_lean_for_run_upright_for/

Leaning: 23/29 were runs. 3 of the passes were quick pop out throws to Mixon. So maybe 26/29 if you count those.

That's... not great... if it holds true throughout games. Really seems like something you'd expect a half-competent coaching staff to catch.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Is there a coachingstaff@bengals.com email we can forward it to, to help them out?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 04:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's... not great... if it holds true throughout games. Really seems like something you'd expect a half-competent coaching staff to catch.

Maybe it was a fake they've been developing so they can have the Ravens fooled. This dummy just blew it for us. 
Reply/Quote
The game within the game. I honestly thought are the Bengals smart enough to pull something like this off?

Maybe Burrow knows they're purposefully a 2nd half team, only. All the way until the super bowl where they will suddenly become a 1st half team. Didn't work last year though lol.

"OK Mixon run like trash, take the online hits, until we tell you to press the on switch"
Reply/Quote
When is the trade deadline? I’m done with Joe Mixon but he’s not solely to blame. The offensive line is still horrendous with respect to run blocking. The right side is better than the left side but that’s not saying much.

The Bengals had a much more balanced offense with players like Rudi Johnson in the backfield.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 05:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: When is the trade deadline?  I’m done with Joe Mixon but he’s not solely to blame.  The offensive line is still horrendous with respect to run blocking.  The right side is better than the left side but that’s not saying much.  

The Bengals had a much more balanced offense with players like Rudi Johnson in the backfield.

To be fair, Rudi was a part of a different NFL and he was also awful his last season in Cincinnati. To your point, I am fine getting rid of Mixon at some point. It will likely be in the off-season, though. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 05:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: When is the trade deadline?  I’m done with Joe Mixon but he’s not solely to blame.  The offensive line is still horrendous with respect to run blocking.  The right side is better than the left side but that’s not saying much.  

Can't imagine the Bengals making a huge in-season trade... just doesn't seem like their style. Couldn't even tell you the last time it happened. 

It would be nice to have a bruiser RB instead of the dance/bounce it outside style.  This team only needs a RB to get 3-4 yards a carry... we got the weapons elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 05:52 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Can't imagine the Bengals making a huge in-season trade... just doesn't seem like their style. Couldn't even tell you the last time it happened. 

It would be nice to have a bruiser RB instead of the dance/bounce it outside style.  This team only needs a RB to get 3-4 yards a carry... we got the weapons elsewhere.

Well, Mixon is not far off from getting three yards a carry. Let's aim for that four yards per carry mark. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 05:53 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Well, Mixon is not far off from getting three yards a carry. Let's aim for that four yards per carry mark. 

2.5 right now.... only way to go is up. At least I think.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 01:45 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Stole this off Reddit  - https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/xs22oo/examples_of_mixons_tell_lean_for_run_upright_for/

I read somewhere online during the game Thursday that Mixon was tipping run plays. Perhaps it's true?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 04:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's... not great... if it holds true throughout games. Really seems like something you'd expect a half-competent coaching staff to catch.

This is exactly the type of stuff you have a million assistant coaches for…

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 07:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is exactly the type of stuff you have a million assistant coaches for…

Right

Sometimes it really is the simplest of things.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 05:03 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Is there a coachingstaff@bengals.com email we can forward it to, to help them out?

“Hey guys did you read this?”
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 05:08 PM)TheFan Wrote: Maybe it was a fake they've been developing so they can have the Ravens fooled. This dummy just blew it for us. 

The ultimate play action pass when you really need a TD.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 05:03 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Is there a coachingstaff@bengals.com email we can forward it to, to help them out?

Maybe type the subject line in all caps.
Reply/Quote
Mixon is an incredible athlete and great teammate. However, he is not elusive or smooth so getting it in space doesn't help. I think that's why he's never been a factor in the passing game. I also think he is misused and overused. For NFL RBs, he is 2nd in snaps per game, and highest in touches per snap. If he is in the game, expect him to get the ball 47% of the time.
Reply/Quote
This play tipping really could be the reason for our poor run performance and also be affecting pass rush if defense knows with 95% certainty if we running or passing it’s a ridiculous advantage for the defense. I really hope they fix this immediately. Should be posting this everywhere until they see it. There’s no way they know about it yet otherwise wouldn’t be happening. Each play at start should look the same.
Reply/Quote