Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Joe Mixon
Watching part of NE-GB and a back from NE on one drive had 30 yds on a few carries, didn't even get his name, but he looked good, shifty, fast and mobile. I hope Mixon breaks out for 100yds Sunday against Balt just to see some inprovement. Another poster had a good idea of rotating Mixon, Perine and Evans to spell Mixon some and give the D different looks so they aren't keying off Mixon every play.
Reply/Quote
I am not sure if this has been covered in this thread or not, but there have been extensive videos/film online about Joe Mixon tipping plays.

Basically, when he stands straight up in the backfield its a pass. When he is hunched over before the snap its a run. There is a lot of validity to it. It could be one of the reasons that teams are selling out to stop the run on certain plays.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
If Mixon really is tipping the play, isn't that a huge shame on someone from the Bengals coaching staff? It seems like football 101 to notice and correct during game time action.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 04:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: They signed him to a nice extension at the start of the 2020 season: https://www.nfl.com/news/bengals-signing-rb-joe-mixon-to-4-year-extension.

He made his money.

Didn't know that. Good for him. I mean, he's done a great job for this team. That should not be overlooked. But I think he's past his prime even though he's so young. Running backs. Shelf life is miniscule. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 11:38 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If Mixon really is tipping the play, isn't that a huge shame on someone from the Bengals coaching staff? It seems like football 101 to notice and correct during game time action.

Lol, I just text my buddy the same thing!
Reply/Quote