Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Joe Mixon
Giovani Bernard career 4.0 yards per carry/8.2 yards per catch. 1,294 touches/6,745 yards/36 TD
Joe Mixon career 4.0 yards per carry/7.6 yards per catch. 1,374 touches/6,226 yards/42 TD

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 03:42 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Giovani Bernard career 4.0 yards per carry/8.2 yards per catch. 1,294 touches/6,745 yards/36 TD
Joe Mixon career 4.0 yards per carry/7.6 yards per catch. 1,374 touches/6,226 yards/42 TD

Ninja

Giovani: 4014 snaps; 1294 touches + 121 targets:  35% 
Mixon: 2843 snaps, 1374 touches + 44 targets:: 50%
Gio has double the catches of Mixon.  Basically, defenses should play run first when Mixon is behind Joe under center; everyone in the league knows it.  And everyone knows that Mixon can be ignored in the passing game as receiver or a blocker, either, unlike Gio.
Reply/Quote
Watching all these other games and it’s absolutely shocking how much better literally every other RB is than Mixon right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 04:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watching all these other games and it’s absolutely shocking how much better literally every other RB is than Mixon right now.

Like guys I’ve never heard of ripping off longer runs than Mixon has all year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'm gonna echo what someone else said, runningbacks typically have a short shelf life, and I think it just may be his time. Hopefully he made his money.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 04:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watching all these other games and it’s absolutely shocking how much better running room these backs get than Mixon gets right now.

FIFY
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 04:40 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I'm gonna echo what someone else said, runningbacks typically have a short shelf life, and I think it just may be his time. Hopefully he made his money.

They signed him to a nice extension at the start of the 2020 season: https://www.nfl.com/news/bengals-signing-rb-joe-mixon-to-4-year-extension.

He made his money.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 04:45 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: FIFY

A lot of the problem is Mixon himself. Some of you act like every team has the Browns or Eagles OL’s. Plenty of RB’s around the league are doing far, far better than Mixon behind bad OL’s. Mixon is playing below replacement level football right now. He’s indecisive, slow, and gets taken down as soon as someone breathes on him. He’s also tipping plays.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 04:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watching all these other games and it’s absolutely shocking how much better literally every other RB is than Mixon right now.

All the games i skimmed through the backs were playing better

I didn’t realize Mixon was THIS bad
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Watching Nick Chubb power his way through the Falcons’ defense was interesting. Kareem Hunt ran well too. Yes, I know the Turds have a great offensive line but Chubb and Hunt ran well in space too.
Reply/Quote

I’m thinking mixon will improve, and people will disregard the historically worst RB play in history this far. There’s only one way to go (up) when you’re playing this bad. But yeah dreaming we had any other run game, over here.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 05:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Watching Nick Chubb power his way through the Falcons’ defense was interesting. Kareem Hunt ran well too. Yes, I know the Turds have a great offensive line but Chubb and Hunt ran well in space too.

Falcons ran for 200. Chubb isn’t even best in league, he’s just in our division. Most teams wish they had burrow, but I think we have a valid jealousy issue.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 06:21 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I’m thinking mixon will improve, and people will disregard the historically worst RB play in history this far. There’s only one way to go (up) when you’re playing this bad. But yeah dreaming we had any other run game, over here.

Who knows. It wouldn’t be the 1st or last time we’ve seen a RB’s game fall completely off a cliff around this age.

Reply/Quote
Everyone knows there is risk in giving RB 2nd contracts.... one of the biggest perhaps is motivation.

You want you RB's to run angry... do you run angry when you have a nice little paycheck? I don't know, I didn't play professional football. But I think it's something to ponder.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 05:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Watching Nick Chubb power his way through the Falcons’ defense was interesting.  Kareem Hunt ran well too.  Yes, I know the Turds have a great offensive line but Chubb and Hunt ran well in space too.

I watched bits and pieces of the Stains today. And I saw Chubb especially and hunt powering through would be tacklers. Dragging 2 guys for 3 extra yards. And I was like WOW that's what running with desire, heart, and aggression looks like  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 04:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A lot of the problem is Mixon himself. Some of you act like every team has the Browns or Eagles OL’s. Plenty of RB’s around the league are doing far, far better than Mixon behind bad OL’s. Mixon is playing below replacement level football right now. He’s indecisive, slow, and gets taken down as soon as someone breathes on him. He’s also tipping plays.

Soonerpeace is an OU fan. You have to take anything OU-related from him with a grain of salt. He was beating the "Joe Mixon for MVP" drum this off-season. While it is true that the offensive line hasn't done Mixon very many favors, it is also true that Mixon has flat out sucked. The offensive line was awful last season and while he was a low efficiency back, he still produced. This isn't the worst start he has had in his career, though. In 2017, his rookie season, he was averaging only 2.61 yards per carry after the first four games. 

The bad news is he was awful that season, but the whole team wasn't very great. Regardless, since 1999, Mixon is showing up in the top 50-60 worst starts via yards per carry and EPA per rush. Safe to say that is bad news. I think his leash needs to be short and the other guys should be seeing more carries if he is struggling. Going 24 for 62 isn't helping anyone.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 06:25 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Everyone knows there is risk in giving RB 2nd contracts.... one of the biggest perhaps is motivation.

You want you RB's to run angry... do you run angry when you have a nice little paycheck? I don't know, I didn't play professional football. But I think it's something to ponder.

I got paid the same whether I did a good or bad job. That was a lack of motivation. I think mixon has the pressure of a super bowl caliber team behind him, and he’s trying his best but it’s like a dalton scenario to me, not good enough.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 01:59 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Perine seems to be running well. Would like to see him get more carries. Just because Mixon is on a big contract doesn't mean we should keep handing him the ball if he's not getting it done.

I always worry how much contracts are a factor. Could Mike want to get his money's worth? Could Taylor be reluctant to admit Mixon is failing when Mike is spending so much money on him? (Would make Zac look bad to his boss?)

I would surmise that the Bengals are just waiting for the "real" Mixon to emerge (if he's still able to, of course). But i believe they think he is still a top 5 back. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 04:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A lot of the problem is Mixon himself. Some of you act like every team has the Browns or Eagles OL’s. Plenty of RB’s around the league are doing far, far better than Mixon behind bad OL’s. Mixon is playing below replacement level football right now. He’s indecisive, slow, and gets taken down as soon as someone breathes on him. He’s also tipping plays.

Bingo

Many people still scream Oline, Oline. And like many have said the Oline hasn't been great. But Mixon's problems run way deeper than just the Oline.

And I wouldn't be surprised if his struggles continue into the next game he starts getting his snaps reduced.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 06:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I would surmise that the Bengals are just waiting for the "real" Mixon to emerge (if he's still able to, of course). But i believe they think he is still a top 5 back. 

Probably, but he is far from being a top 5 back, not even close. Id rather have at least 20 backs right now over Mixon. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote