Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Joe Mixon Appreciation Thread
Can we just take a minute and appreciate how good this guy is? He only needs 75 yards in the last 2 games to hit 1000 for the season. Pretty remarkable given how bad our running game was until a few weeks ago.

If we can add a QB like Burrow that teams will have to respect our offense should be a lot better next year. Taylor just needs to get better at calling plays. Especially in the red zone.

#28 has been one of the only bright spots during this miserable season. Just wanted to give him some props.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Indeed. Mixon is a great talent.
Reply/Quote
Whatever they changed in the blocking scheme, is working. Those interior guys are opening lanes, and Joe is hitting them hard. But yes, Joe has been a bright spot, on an otherwise dismal team, for two seasons in a row now.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Underutilized first half of season. Dude is bringing it..

Reply/Quote
Best player on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:09 PM)HuDey Wrote: Best player on the roster.

Easily.

Reply/Quote
It's going to be interesting what happens with him. He'll be eligible for an extension. And we've seen Elliott and Gordon hold out.

Will be interesting to see what Mixon does.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's going to be interesting what happens with him. He'll be eligible for an extension. And we've seen Elliott and Gordon hold out.

Been a great team guy so far. And he probably feels at least some gratitude for us drafting him when most had him off their boards. I’d say pay him and give Burrow all the weapons you can.

Reply/Quote
You can say a lot of things about Mixon.

But you can't say the young man has any quit in him.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Been a great team guy so far. And he probably feels at least some gratitude for us drafting him when most had him off their boards. I’d say pay him and give Burrow all the weapons you can.

I've maintained that being a run 1st team was this teams patch to success. Run run run and play solid defense and beat teams that way.

For some reason, ZT decided to throw the ball 50+ times a game early in the year with no AJ.

The daunting thing is we are running for LOTS of yardage and still losing. There's still stuff massively broken.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I've maintained that being a run 1st team was this teams patch to success. Run run run and play solid defense and beat teams that way.

For some reason, ZT decided to throw the ball 50+ times a game early in the year with no AJ.

The daunting thing is we are running for LOTS of yardage and still losing. There's still stuff massively broken.

Mainly the QB...

Reply/Quote
This isn't going to be well received, but I hope they try to trade him in the off-season after a strong finish.   I agree with all the praise heaped upon him,  but I just don't believe the position justifies what it's going to cost keeping him on the roster after this season.  I have a sneaky suspicion he'll attempt to hold out if a new deal isn't reached by the start of next season.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:24 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: This isn't going to be well received, but I hope they try to trade him in the off-season after a strong finish.   I agree with all the praise heaped upon him,  but I just don't believe the position justifies what it's going to cost keeping him on the roster after this season.  I have a sneaky suspicion he'll attempt to hold out if a new deal isn't reached by the start of next season.

Well...they gave Bernard that extension for Top 15 back money...so reading the tea leaves, I feel like they wanted to have Bernard under contract in case Mixon held out.

But, the other school of thought is they have been overpaying their own guys. They have a ton of cap space. They may give AJ and Mixon huge contracts.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:24 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: This isn't going to be well received, but I hope they try to trade him in the off-season after a strong finish.   I agree with all the praise heaped upon him,  but I just don't believe the position justifies what it's going to cost keeping him on the roster after this season.  I have a sneaky suspicion he'll attempt to hold out if a new deal isn't reached by the start of next season.

Please take this kind of stuff to another thread. This one’s purpose was to focus on one of the only bright spots during this miserable season.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...they gave Bernard that extension for Top 15 back money...so reading the tea leaves, I feel like they wanted to have Bernard under contract in case Mixon held out.

But, the other school of thought is they have been overpaying their own guys. They have a ton of cap space. They may give AJ and Mixon huge contracts.

AJ won’t get a huge contract. They’d already have a deal done if they were going to offer him big money. They’ll probably offer something fair, but not a break the bank deal.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Please take this kind of stuff to another thread. This one’s purpose was to focus on one of the only bright spots during this miserable season.

Sorry about that.  I do suppose we need something positive on the board.  
Reply/Quote
Mixon has totally been one of the bright spots this year.
He shows up every week and does his best. Respect.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:33 PM)Sensei Wrote: Mixon has totally been on of the bright spots this year.
He shows up every week and does his best. Respect.

Seems we always have good RB's like that. Dillon, Rudi Johnson, Mixon.

WR's: Pickens, Scott, Chad, TJ, AJ, Boyd.

The team has been abnormally good at finding RB's and WR's.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's going to be interesting what happens with him. He'll be eligible for an extension. And we've seen Elliott and Gordon hold out.

If he's smart, he'll flat out tell the Bengals he's not interested and bail as soon as his contract is up.
Reply/Quote
Mixon and Dunlap.

Pay Joe. He deserves it. Done everything asked and more and stayed out of trouble.
Reply/Quote