Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Mixon comments
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/exclusive-joe-mixon-addresses-future-with-bengals-following-offseason-speculation

Zac and Mike have always been behind him. Can’t get much safer than that. But next year is next year and the salary cap will be stressed.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
One thing about Mixon, he ought to be running harder than he ever has in his life this season if he wants to stay..... just quit diving on the ground at first contact.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 08:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: One thing about Mixon, he ought to be running harder than he ever has in his life this season if he wants to stay..... just quit diving on the ground at first contact.

Suspect we will finally see him run hard and quit his indecisive backfield dancing and expecting a great season. Especially since it's a contract year and the OL will be the best in a long, long time. With all the controversy swirling around him, he certainly just focused on football lately.

Or at least I hope so

Yet I do believe keeping him was more of a monetary decision this year. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 09:09 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Suspect we will finally see him run hard and quit his indecisive backfield dancing and expecting a great season. Especially since it's a contract year and the OL will be the best in a long, long time. With all the controversy swirling around him, he certainly just focused on football lately.

Or at least I hope so

Not a contract year for Mixon, his runs through 2024.  However, his dead cap number after this season will be less than $3M, meaning the team could save $9M+ by cutting him. I'm with you on wanting to see some hard, decisive running from him this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 09:09 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Suspect we will finally see him run hard and quit his indecisive backfield dancing and expecting a great season. Especially since it's a contract year and the OL will be the best in a long, long time. With all the controversy swirling around him, he certainly just focused on football lately.

Or at least I hope so

Doubt it

Can’t teach an old dog new tricks

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Brown is the real deal and can overtake Mixon if he doesn't improve from last season.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 09:15 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not a contract year for Mixon, his runs through 2024.  However, his dead cap number after this season will be less than $3M, meaning the team could save $9M+ by cutting him. I'm with you on wanting to see some hard, decisive running from his this season.

No doubt

Mixon needs very badly to quit trying to be a finesse runner. Hit the damn hole and take what's given. He tries to dance and wait and hit that homerun. Will someone please tell him he doesn't have homerun speed.

And quit going down when your brushed by some defenders sleeve. 

And take him out on any and every passing situation.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 09:40 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No doubt

Mixon needs very badly to quit trying to be a finesse runner. Hit the damn hole and take what's given. He tries to dance and wait and hit that homerun. Will someone please tell him he doesn't have homerun speed.

And quit going down when your brushed by some defenders sleeve. 

And take him out on any and every passing situation.

But you cant tip your hat like that
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 09:23 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Doubt it

Can’t teach an old dog new tricks

Mixon was voted by his peers #38 best NFL player going into 2022. That was a year ago. . That old dog didn’t trick anybody. On the Solomon Wilcots podcast Zac was effusive about his punishing running wearing down teams and his vision and elusiveness in the open field. The reason he’s still here is the people who matter are fully entrenched with him. It’s blatantly obvious.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Go to the 8:15 mark. Zac on Joe. The whole podcast great. https://open.spotify.com/episode/2XNPlgDCkadZi6syIoxg2o

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 09:34 AM)Garrus Wrote: Hopefully Brown is the real deal and can overtake Mixon if he doesn't improve from last season.

He sure looks extremely fast in the OTA vids. Love me some Chase Brown.

(06-08-2023, 09:53 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: But you cant tip your hat like that

Damn rights, people can talk about how indecisive Mixon was as a runner all they want, but he needs to put effort into blocking if 
he wants to stick around. But like Frank Booth said, hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Hope Mixon has a great year, sounds like 
he is putting in the work from what Sooner posted. I thought he would of had a great year last year and it didn't happen.

So call me hesitant on Mixon until I actually see much improvement with his vision, decisiveness and his pass protection.

Chase Brown is a good one to push him is all I can say.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He sure looks extremely fast in the OTA vids. Love me some Chase Brown.

Damn rights, people can talk about how indecisive Mixon was as a runner all they want, but he needs to put effort into blocking if 
he wants to stick around. But like Frank Booth said, hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Hope Mixon has a great year, sounds like 
he is putting in the work from what Sooner posted. I thought he would of had a great year last year and it didn't happen.

So call me hesitant on Mixon until I actually see much improvement with his vision, decisiveness and his pass protection.

Chase Brown is a good one to push him is all I can say.

NEver figured out why Power backs tip toe in the backfield... Hit the hole and go.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 02:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: NEver figured out why Power backs tip toe in the backfield... Hit the hole and go.

Because he thinks he is Le'Venon Bell when he should be thinking he's Mike Alstott Tiger
Reply/Quote
Dalvin Cook was released today.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 03:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Dalvin Cook was released today.....

Be sweet to pick him up and release Mixon.
Reply/Quote
Mixons biggest issue is making guys miss. He was absymal eluding the first defender that tried to bring him down last season.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 04:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Be sweet to pick him up and release Mixon.

I'm in.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Solomon Wilcots “ I’m sitting in pubs and coffee houses and get questions all the time about Joe Mixon and I keep telling them he’s a rare find and opposing coaches tell me we wish we had him” Zac Taylor “ Joe’s so physical especially when he’s out in space. Even if these guys take him down they pay the price for it and eventually you see on film they don’t want to do it anymore. It’s kinda Like when he makes them miss or runs them over. When he gets on the perimeter he helps he helps Tee and Ja Mar by wearing down those guys guarding them by wearing them down. He’s a great leader and before the game the opposing coaches are moaning about going up against him. We like his efficiency and in the passing game we love his effectiveness.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 04:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Mixons biggest issue is making guys miss. He was absymal eluding the first defender that tried to bring him down last season.

Agreed. He has never been very good at making folks miss aside from 2018 IIRC. Other than that year, he has ranked in the bottom half of the league in elusiveness. He struggles creating for himself.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 07:46 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Agreed. He has never been very good at making folks miss aside from 2018 IIRC. Other than that year, he has ranked in the bottom half of the league in elusiveness. He struggles creating for himself.

Which is why he should never be dancing and just hit the damn hole.
Reply/Quote