Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Joe Mixon found not guilty 8/17
(08-15-2023, 09:24 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: From what I’ve seen covered on local news, SHE was the aggressor. Saying she was scared, but followed him closely to snap pics of his license plate and flip him off. “Scared” people don’t do that. ANGRY people do though! Just another road rage case they’re making a mountain out of a molehill with. A waste of everyone’s time and tax payer money, something Hamilton Co. is great at.

That part is definitely weird.  She thought something was going to happen so she followed him?  When was this "something is going to happen" supposed to take place if she had to follow him?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ben Baby is tweeting RIGHT NOW, updates of what has gone on.

From what he's written, she is cooked, no chance that Mixon did anything close to what she's alleging.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Quick question for the jury:
Is it OK to pull a gun on someone if it makes them angry instead of scared?

It may be a fact that the aggressor in the road rage incident was the female, but still, testimony to go.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 11:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Fight usually only occurs when there is no option for flight. She had plenty of option to turn and go the opposite way instead of chasing him and flipping him the bird. Do you really believe she was so scared of Mixon flipping him the bird was a reasonable option? No, she was just mad. 

People of different cultural backgrounds can be more or less prone to one response or the other.  In any case, flipping him the bird isn't justification for allegedly pulling out a gun and threatening to shoot someone.  

I can't make an informed decision on whether I believe the the woman was scared or not because I haven't heard her full testimony.  I'm just simply pointing out that the fact that she escalated the conflict doesn't necessarily mean she wasn't afraid.

On one hand, I understand the desire for Joe to be innocent as I don't think many fans of the team want to potentially lose our starting RB for a significant length of time.  On the other hand, Joe has a history of violence against women and I highly doubt that if any of us knew the alleged victim that they would be so quick to victim blame knowing his history.  Personally, I think it would be best to let the judge who will have the most information make the decision on Joe's guilt or innocence instead of playing armchair jury based on small snippets of information and our personal bias.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: People of different cultural backgrounds can be more or less prone to one response or the other.  In any case, flipping him the bird isn't justification for allegedly pulling out a gun and threatening to shoot someone.  

I can't make an informed decision on whether I believe the the woman was scared or not because I haven't heard her full testimony.  I'm just simply pointing out that the fact that she escalated the conflict doesn't necessarily mean she wasn't afraid.

On one hand, I understand the desire for Joe to be innocent as I don't think many fans of the team want to potentially lose our starting RB for a significant length of time.  On the other hand, Joe has a history of violence against women and I highly doubt that if any of us knew the alleged victim that they would be so quick to victim blame knowing his history.  Personally, I think it would be best to let the judge who will have the most information make the decision on Joe's guilt or innocence instead of playing armchair jury based on small snippets of information and our personal bias.

Joe has a history of violence against women? Don’t you think that’s kind of
a stretch?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 03:07 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Joe has a history of violence against women? Don’t you think that’s kind of
a stretch?

There were 2 in college and one of them involved a motor vehicle. 

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Quick question for the jury:
Is it OK to pull a gun on someone if it makes them angry instead of scared?

It may be a fact that the aggressor in the road rage incident was the female, but still, testimony to go.

There is no jury in this...it will be a bench decision

Based on media tweets no one from the prosecution so far has proven there was ever a gun.  There have been some differences between her testimony and her original report but I don't know if it was enough to be significant. 

She was the overall aggressor extending the brief encounter by following him even though she had chances to go other ways. I mean how many of us get cut off and manage not to get into a fight with the person who cut us off.  It may have been deliberate or accidental.  I suspect he will say tomorrow that it was accidental I know that most people if they were in fear for their lives wouldn't follow so closely that they could snap a picture of the car or turn right behind them onto a less busy street, or pull up alongside of them and further antagonize the person by shooting the finger and yelling at them.  Those are the actions of an angry person, not an afraid person

From what I understand, Joe has agreed to have his testimony video streamed.  Joe is acting like a person who believes he is innocent.  There was no settlement.  There was no plea deal. He has agreed to testify.  He is letting the judge decide his fate, not a jury which would seem easier to sway at least 1 person to the side of a member of the favorite local team. NFL punishments seem to be less for guys who plead guilty than for those who are found guilty.  Tomorrow's testimony from Joe should be telling

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 03:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There were 2 in college and one of them involved a motor vehicle. 

He’s hit only the original person on his 18th birthday after she’s slapped him violently and her friend called him the “N” word. He was appropriately punished with full suspension from all team activities for a year. No question it was reprehensible. There’s no justification for hitting a woman violently like he did. Joe has a bad temper. He’s never hit anyone again. Yes he tore up a parking ticket and got angry with the parking attendant.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 03:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s hit only the original person on his 18th birthday after she’s slapped him violently and her friend called him the “N” word. He was appropriately punished with full suspension from all team activities for a year. No question it was reprehensible. There’s no justification for hitting a woman violently like he did. Joe has a bad temper. He’s never hit anyone again. Yes he tore up a parking ticket and got angry with the parking attendant.

Documents detail altercation between OU’s Joe Mixon and parking attendant | KFOR.com Oklahoma City

Quote:Joe Mixon was so frustrated with a parking citation that he tore up the ticket in front of the parking attendant and threw it at the parking attendant.
Quote:Mixon reportedly approached the parking attendant right after the citation was written.
“Don’t put that shi*t in my face,” Mixon told the attendant, the incident report states.
Mixon then ripped the citation in half and threw it at the parking attendant.
According to the incident report, the torn pieces hit the parking attendant in the face.
Mixon then got into his vehicle and “inched at the officer with vehicle in drive to intimidate the officer with vehicle,” the report details.

I'll call it a history of violence toward women; I get an OU homer won't. Hell, I'm damn near 60 and have never knocked out a woman, thrown a ticket in the face of an officer who cited me, and then intimidated her with my vehicle. 

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 03:25 PM)pally Wrote: There is no jury in this...it will be a bench decision

Based on media tweets no one from the prosecution so far has proven there was ever a gun.  There have been some differences between her testimony and her original report but I don't know if it was enough to be significant. 

She was the overall aggressor extending the brief encounter by following him even though she had chances to go other ways. I mean how many of us get cut off and manage not to get into a fight with the person who cut us off.  It may have been deliberate or accidental.  I suspect he will say tomorrow that it was accidental I know that most people if they were in fear for their lives wouldn't follow so closely that they could snap a picture of the car or turn right behind them onto a less busy street, or pull up alongside of them and further antagonize the person by shooting the finger and yelling at them.  Those are the actions of an angry person, not an afraid person

From what I understand, Joe has agreed to have his testimony video streamed.  Joe is acting like a person who believes he is innocent.  There was no settlement.  There was no plea deal. He has agreed to testify.  He is letting the judge decide his fate, not a jury which would seem easier to sway at least 1 person to the side of a member of the favorite local team. NFL punishments seem to be less for guys who plead guilty than for those who are found guilty.  Tomorrow's testimony from Joe should be telling

Maybe go back and read the last couple of pages of this thread.

If Joe never brandished a gun then that's a whole other story, but it seems we're leaning toward Joe's innocence because the female was "not scared". 

Reply/Quote
I think this topic and many parts of the discussion here at this point would be much different if the accused was Nick Chubb or Kenny Pickett.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 05:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Documents detail altercation between OU’s Joe Mixon and parking attendant | KFOR.com Oklahoma City

I'll call it a history of violence toward women; I get an OU homer won't. Hell, I'm damn near 60 and have never knocked out a woman, thrown a ticket in the face of an officer who cited me, and then intimidated her with my vehicle. 

Yeah I’m not seeing where he’s hit anybody but Molitar on his 18th birthday. So I see history of altercations. Joe’s got a bad temper he’s shown that in games

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 05:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe go back and read the last couple of pages of this thread.

If Joe never brandished a gun then that's a whole other story, but it seems we're leaning toward Joe's innocence because the female was "not scared". 

I think the Blackburns are very serious and concerned about the image of the team. Zac certainly is. I seriously doubt they feel there’s the slightest validity to this. He’s got an ironclad character clause in his contract I’m sure. They had plenty of ammo to move on but didn’t.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 06:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yeah I’m not seeing where he’s hit anybody but Molitar on his 18th birthday. So I see history of altercations. Joe’s got a bad temper he’s shown that in games

You do realize there are other ways to commit violence besides hitting someone. I consider throwing something in someone's face violence, I consider intimidating someone with your car violence. 

You stated it was a "stretch" to assert JM has a history of violence toward women; I'd assert it more of a stretch to say he does not. 

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 06:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize there are other ways to commit violence besides hitting someone. I consider throwing something in someone's face violence, I consider intimidating someone with your car violence. 

You stated it was a "stretch" to assert JM has a history of violence toward women; I'd assert it more of a stretch to say he does not. 

Well it’s the Blackburn’s that matter. I lean towards if they thought his demeanor showed a history of violence he’d be gone. That’s just me. So I don’t think they feel the same as you. But that’s just my opinion and we obviously differ.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 03:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s hit only the original person on his 18th birthday after she’s slapped him violently and her friend called him the “N” word. He was appropriately punished with full suspension from all team activities for a year. No question it was reprehensible. There’s no justification for hitting a woman violently like he did. Joe has a bad temper. He’s never hit anyone again. Yes he tore up a parking ticket and got angry with the parking attendant.

There was no N word from her friend.  How do you live in Oklahoma and not know the truth about this?

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 06:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize there are other ways to commit violence besides hitting someone. I consider throwing something in someone's face violence, I consider intimidating someone with your car violence. 

Well it’s the Blackburn’s that matter. I lean towards if they thought his demeanor showed a history of violence he’d be gone. That’s just me. So I don’t think they feel the same as you. But that’s just me.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: People of different cultural backgrounds can be more or less prone to one response or the other.  In any case, flipping him the bird isn't justification for allegedly pulling out a gun and threatening to shoot someone.  

Is there evidence he pulled a gun outside of her word?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 07:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Is there evidence he pulled a gun outside of her word?

There are apparently other witnesses.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 07:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: There are apparently other witnesses.

If Joe actually did this, then that is dumb AF and he likely needs to be held accountable.  Basic common sense. 

Im hoping it isn't true.

Reply/Quote