Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Joe Mixon found not guilty 8/17
(08-05-2023, 05:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You do realize that those videos only highlight the 5% of his plays that were something to look at, and ignore all of the ones where he laid an egg, tipped off the defense by his posture, or otherwise failed to do anything noteworthy, right?

I know that unlike a few other star running backs he’s been retained and has a secure spot on the team. His dead cap is 2,750,000 next year. Somebody disagrees
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty easy to just add a highlight video to paint a picture in a bias way for a player. They never show the bad in highlight videos lol

I know about all the coach speak as well. I hope he plays much better this season after the most likely suspension. I give him credit 
for the things he does well, he is secure with the ball and he is a good pass catcher out of the backfield. But he needs to work on a 
lot, his vision, his pass protection, his balance, making guys miss tackles etc.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Might be getting two suspensions...

The house shooting is coming back at Mixon:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/bengals-joe-mixon-provided-gun-allegedly-used-in-shooting-outside-home-lawsuit/ar-AA1eOFS4?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Allegedly providing a firearm to a person you know is a felon, who then uses it on someone is a serious problem if proven true.

......Can we just get rid of this guy already?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 05:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I know that unlike a few other star running backs he’s been retained and has a secure spot on the team. His dead cap is 2,750,000 next year. Somebody disagrees

He took a 40% pay cut because his production didn’t match his compensation. That hardly warrants the title “star” running back.

Back to the that Saints game, I saw another play in which Mixon barely moved because he was so confused as to who to block he didn’t block any one. He just stood there as the blitzers streaked passed. Paralysis by analysis. Make a decision and block somebody instead of standing there useless. This is a passing team that will go as far as Joe Burrow takes them. Which won’t be far if he is on his back because Mixon can’t pass protect.

There are a lot of RBs who will be draft eligible next year who will be available late 1st and 2nd round who can replace Mixon and will be cheaper on a rookie contract. Less than $3M in dead cap ain’t enough to save him. Especially when his poor pass blocking can’t protect the soon to be highest paid player in the history of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 05:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I know that unlike a few other star running backs he’s been retained and has a secure spot on the team. His dead cap is 2,750,000 next year. Somebody disagrees

There are a lot of re's when it comes to the NFL and player moves, There are:

Retained
Resigned
Released
Reduced
Restructured

Mixon was reduced to save himself from being released. He wasn't retained as that would mean keeping him under his current contract. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 11:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There are a lot of re's when it comes to the NFL and player moves, There are:

Retained
Resigned
Released
Reduced
Restructured

Mixon was reduced to save himself from being released. He wasn't retained as that would mean keeping him under his current contract. 

Yep. He had a choice; take a pay cut or take a hike. I give him credit for how he responded afterwards, though. Or at least regurgitating what his agent instructed him to say.

Obviously, he’s watched Bull Durham’s bit about learning your cliches.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 11:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There are a lot of re's when it comes to the NFL and player moves, There are:

Retained
Resigned
Released
Reduced
Restructured

https://steelersnow.com/cincinnati-bengals-joe-mixon-running-back-retain-2023/
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 09:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Might be getting two suspensions...

The house shooting is coming back at Mixon:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/bengals-joe-mixon-provided-gun-allegedly-used-in-shooting-outside-home-lawsuit/ar-AA1eOFS4?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Allegedly providing a firearm to a person you know is a felon, who then uses it on someone is a serious problem if proven true.

......Can we just get rid of this guy already?

I am just talking about the player, but yeah, not the off the field actions we like in our players that is for damn sure.

If he even gets one suspension, we need to bring in a player like Zeke or Dalvin Cook if he isn't picked up by the Jets.

Let alone if he gets two suspensions. Honestly want to see what our other RB's have as well, but cannot put everything on Chase 
Brown who is just a rookie. But I could see some big runs from these other guys who I have seen good vision from in the past and
have not shown all they have yet. We have seen Mixon and I know he has had some bad O-lines in front of him but when you miss
holes because of bad vision that is on you, not the O-line. Last year I saw tons of missed holes from Mixon.

He also doesn't always follow his blockers in front of him which maddening.Gaah
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 09:05 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://steelersnow.com/cincinnati-bengals-joe-mixon-running-back-retain-2023/

From your article:
Quote:Joe Mixon was scheduled to get $9.4 million this season, but if he did not agree to restructure that contract and take a pay cut, there was a very good chance that Mixon would be cut.

Every Bengal that is playing on the same contract as last year was reTAINED. Mixon's salary was reDUCED.

It's really not that hard. If Mixon had not agreed to the reDUCTION he would have been reLEASED.

If a team comes at you for a reduction you have 2 choices and one of them is not to reTAIN on your current contract.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 03:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: From your article:

Every Bengal that is playing on the same contract as last year was reTAINED. Mixon's salary was reDUCED.

It's really not that hard. If Mixon had not agreed to the reDUCTION he would have been reLEASED.

If a team comes at you for a reduction you have 2 choices and one of them is not to reTAIN on your current contract.

Well said. But it is really hard for a Sooner fan to admit a Sooner didn't play that great last year I guess...

Mixon had 2 choices as you say, take the pay cut or get cut.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 03:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: From your article:

(08-06-2023, 06:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said. But it is really hard for a Sooner fan to admit a Sooner didn't play that great last year I guess...

All are right.

Mixon was retained on the team. He’s still on it.
Mixon was not retained at the same amount.
Mixon’s salary was reduced.
Mixon’s salary was restructured.

Reply/Quote
Steelersnow.com?

WTF?
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 06:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said. But it is really hard for a Sooner fan to admit a Sooner didn't play that great last year I guess...

Nah, I think he can see that Mixon had 2 choices: Get reduced or get released

(08-06-2023, 07:47 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: All are right.

Mixon was retained on the team. He’s still on it.
Mixon was not retained at the same amount.
Mixon’s salary was reduced.
Mixon’s salary was restructured.

Well, I guess not.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 11:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Steelersnow.com?

WTF?

There comes a time when folks just lose objectivity. I thought Sooner knew football; I was mistaken

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 11:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Steelersnow.com?

WTF?

Yeah, that is damn near a bannable offense lol 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 12:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, I think he can see that Mixon had 2 choices: Get reduced or get released

Well, I guess not.

Wink

I like Sooner, but he is a major Sooner homer, probably worse than I am a Bengal homer...

I admit when a player I hype on my Bengals plays poorly when they do.
Reply/Quote
Joe is in court today.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Joe Joe Joe...you never chew gum in court. It is a bench trial so no jury. It is expected to go quickly

c

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 03:30 PM)pally Wrote: Joe is in court today.

Just jury selection today right? nothing will be resolved yet.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 03:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Just jury selection today right? nothing will be resolved yet.

no jury...its a bench trial and expected to last 2 days

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 03:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Just jury selection today right? nothing will be resolved yet.

Don't get Bfine started...

Repeated
Reviewed
Reported
Redirected 
Rescheduled
Retained

Who knows... 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote