Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Joe Mixon found not guilty 8/17
(07-02-2023, 03:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They both make about the same and I think Zeke would even take a pay cut to extend his career here and chase a ring. Sign him for three years, with the third year being a team option, at 7 or 8 per and that still leaves him in the top ten of running back contracts while being guaranteed a good shot at a ring.

Zero chance Zeke gets $7-8m/yr. Highly unlikely he gets more than a 1 year deal either unless maybe it's a 2 year deal and the 2nd year is entirely unguaranteed so more for show than anything.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 03:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Zero chance Zeke gets $7-8m/yr. Highly unlikely he gets more than a 1 year deal either unless maybe it's a 2 year deal and the 2nd year is entirely unguaranteed so more for show than anything.

Yeah, I was just thinking compared with Mixon but I think he only gets about five mil from anyone, which would be a deal for us. I still think we should go two because he'd be a veteran presence, even if it isn't guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
Alvin Kamara settled his assault charges and the civil suit stemming from it. He pled no contest to a misdemeanor charge of "breach of peace".

Kamara's upcoming suspension (and he will get at least a game) might give us some insight into what Joe is facing if he is found guilty. There are some differences though, Joe is being charged with a misdemeanor from the onset whereas Kamara was originally charged with felony assault but Joe's charges stemmed from his alleged use of a gun along with threats.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 03:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'd like to ask someone in the organization (or at least that's near the organization and has info) about why we DID keep Mixon, even at when we could have Zeke.

I don't really care if he is as explosive of a threat running the ball as they once were because, yes, even as Joe said to Joe in game the one time, teams can't beat us when we run the ball well, but you know when teams also can't beat us? When we protect Joe because he picks defenses apart.

Dalvin's not a good pass protector either, so I'd have to pass on him but might be better than Mixon.

Zeke is a hell of a pass protector and that might be his best asset right now. People are already talking about how they're going to miss that aspect of his game in Dallas.

Have Chase Brown be our early down back and have Zeke come in on passing downs to block and catch the ball out of the backfield. Also bring in Zeke for short yardage to pound a few home. Seems too perfect to ignore.

They both make about the same and I think Zeke would even take a pay cut to extend his career here and chase a ring. Sign him for three years, with the third year being a team option, at 7 or 8 per and that still leaves him in the top ten of running back contracts while being guaranteed a good shot at a ring.
FIFY
Knowing Zac he’s as honest as forthright as any of the NFL coaches. His effusive praise of Joe was as far from coachspeak as it gets on Solomon Wilcots podcast. They look at the film and the players look at the film and want to win. The coaches and players firmly behind Joe. End of story. The combination of Joe’s dead cap and then signing Zeke or Cook is not saving a lick of money.

Joe’s PFF grades are better than either:
https://bleav.com/shows/bleav-in-bengals/episodes/head-coach-zac-taylor-on-bengals-2023-draft-picks/
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Thanks Joe.
Reply/Quote
Alvin Kamara was suspended for the first 3 games of the season for his misdemeanor assault conviction. Chris Lammons, formerly a Bengal for a blink of the eye and now a Colt, has also received 3 games for his part in the Las Vegas incident.

I would suspect that Joe Mixon could see something similar if he is convicted for his misdemeanor menacing charges as they involved a weapon.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 03:48 PM)pally Wrote: Alvin Kamara was suspended for the first 3 games of the season for his misdemeanor assault conviction.  Chris Lammons, formerly a Bengal for a blink of the eye and now a Colt, has also received 3 games for his part in the Las Vegas incident.

I would suspect that Joe Mixon could see something similar if he is convicted for his misdemeanor menacing charges as they involved a weapon.

We could be seeing a lot of Chase Brown if Mixon does get a suspension. Hope Brown takes the bull by the horns, holds onto the 
ball securely and hits them holes with conviction. If he does this he could take the starting job or at least of the majority of snaps 
and never look back. Trayveon being banged up also opens a monster door for Brown.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 03:48 PM)pally Wrote: Alvin Kamara was suspended for the first 3 games of the season for his misdemeanor assault conviction.  Chris Lammons, formerly a Bengal for a blink of the eye and now a Colt, has also received 3 games for his part in the Las Vegas incident.

He won't even have to be convicted as Alvin settled and still got 3 games. I think a Mixon suspension is definitely coming after todays news. Bring in Zeke.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 05:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: He won't even have to be convicted as Alvin settled and still got 3 games. I think a Mixon suspension is definitely coming after todays news. Bring in Zeke.

Kamara didn't settle...he pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge instead of going to trial for the felony

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 05:38 PM)pally Wrote: Kamara didn't settle...he pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge instead of going to trial for the felony

True, but yeah, bring in Zeke as JJ22 says if Mixon is suspended for any amount of time, he can pass protect.

A Mixon suspension, Trayveon's injury and Chris Evans questions leave us with a rookie as a front runner at RB and even though I like 
the rookie, he is still a rookie and all shouldn't be on his shoulders.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 05:38 PM)pally Wrote: Kamara didn't settle...he pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge instead of going to trial for the felony

Ok good to know. I thought I had read earlier in the thread Kamara had settled.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 05:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We could be seeing a lot of Chase Brown if Mixon does get a suspension. Hope Brown takes the bull by the horns, holds onto the 
ball securely and hits them holes with conviction. If he does this he could take the starting job or at least of the majority of snaps 
and never look back. Trayveon being banged up also opens a monster door for Brown.

I read somewhere only Bijon Robinson forced more missed tackles than Chase Brown did last season.
Reply/Quote

Which blows my mind. Isn't he literally on video beating up up and stomping on/kicking an unconscious man. Has to be about the most open-shut prosecution it can get. 30 hours of community serivce.

I guess different rules for money.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 05:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, but yeah, bring in Zeke as JJ22 says if Mixon is suspended for any amount of time, he can pass protect.

A Mixon suspension, Trayveon's injury and Chris Evans questions leave us with a rookie as a front runner at RB and even though I like 
the rookie, he is still a rookie and all shouldn't be on his shoulders.

Yep

I'd love to see Brown sprinkled in here and there. But I don't want him starting off needing to carry the load.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 06:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I read somewhere only Bijan Robinson forced more missed tackles than Chase Brown did last season.

Doesn't surprise me as these were the RB's that had by far the best balance in their entire class. Have really hopes for Chase Brown 
and the door is wide open for him to do well here, he has all the strengths our RB room has been sorely lacking. Just needs to keep 
that ball secure, something that Mixon is good at.

(08-04-2023, 08:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

I'd love to see Brown sprinkled in here and there. But I don't want him starting off needing to carry the load.

True.

Don't want to throw too much on his plate as a rookie, but I do want to see him get a lot of snaps. With his vision, balance and 
speed he could break a lot of big runs behind a supposed improved OL. I don't know how many times Mixon had a big hole in front
of him that could of been a monster run and he just fell down instead because his balance at times is just plain bad.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 02:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Doesn't surprise me as these were the RB's that had by far the best balance in their entire class. Have really hopes for Chase Brown 
and the door is wide open for him to do well here, he has all the strengths our RB room has been sorely lacking. Just needs to keep 
that ball secure, something that Mixon is good at.

True.

Don't want to throw too much on his plate as a rookie, but I do want to see him get a lot of snaps. With his vision, balance and 
speed he could break a lot of big runs behind a supposed improved OL. I don't know how many times Mixon had a big hole in front
of him that could of been a monster run and he just fell down instead because his balance at times is just plain bad

This guy?
https://youtu.be/wV2qiS9r9i8

Here’s your answer:
Go to 2:50 mark

https://www.nbcsports.com/watch/nfl/profootballtalk/taylor-bengals-are-counting-on-mixon-in-2023
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 04:34 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: This guy?

Here’s your answer:

https://www.nbcsports.com/watch/nfl/profootballtalk/taylor-bengals-are-counting-on-mixon-in-2023

Pretty easy to just add a highlight video to paint a picture in a bias way for a player. They never show the bad in highlight videos lol

I know about all the coach speak as well. I hope he plays much better this season after the most likely suspension. I give him credit 
for the things he does well, he is secure with the ball and he is a good pass catcher out of the backfield. But he needs to work on a 
lot, his vision, his pass protection, his balance, making guys miss tackles etc.
Reply/Quote

Here’s your answer:

You do realize that those videos only highlight the 5% of his plays that were something to look at, and ignore all of the ones where he laid an egg, tipped off the defense by his posture, or otherwise failed to do anything noteworthy, right?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Here’s your answer:

NFL Network replayed the Bengals-Saints game recently. The Bengals first possession ended with a 3rd down sack because one player barely laid a fingernail on a blitzing LB straight up the middle. Care to guess who gave up the sack?
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 05:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: NFL Network replayed the Bengals-Saints game recently. The Bengals first possession ended with a 3rd down sack because one player barely laid a fingernail on a blitzing LB straight up the middle. Care to guess who gave up the sack?

Thanks for responding. Did your phone blow up with an alert? Or notification? Proves again Rufus Griswold has nothing on you. You’ve blown that mantra I was the stalker clear out of the galaxy. I think the whole world knows Joe Mixon is mediocre at best in pass blocking. Ands that’s 7 in 24 hours

Reply/Quote